Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

LOL, glad I could give you a laugh at work!  

Wait, you have 5x points on Stila 🤔🤔 I wonder if I can call to request this be added to my order though I'm not sure they still do that, hmmmm.

Yes, I have 5x on Stila and Bare MInerals. I double checked and it was the deciding factor on my order. 😃

@NinaR78 I called.  They said they way their system is set up only certain people get certain offers.  I received 5x on UD products recently and because of that they could not add the 5x Still to my account 😞

@ElleElleG   I's sorry they wouldn't give you the offer.  I know I have missed out on some of the good 20% off offers too =(.  It's like the Ulta hunger games. May the odds ever be in your favor. Lol

I know... this is a good Ulta day. I plan on placing and order when I get the chance here in a couple of hours. I hope the GWP isn't sold out by the time I'm able to get around to it. I do need some things though, and I have a $15 gift card. 

@alexasteph You have even more incentive, lol. Hopefully it's still around when you order, most people are likely maxed out from the recent 20% off 🙂

@ElleElleG Never underestimate the endurance of someone with a shopping addiction... What's even better is I have a 5X bareMinerials too. 

@alexasteph that's true!!  If I caved I can only guess others did too!

Very nice on the 5x the points, another BTer above mentioned having similar offers, on the phone now to see if they can apply it to my order from earlier (fingers crossed).

Same! Plus it's my birthday month so I have 2x points. I thought, well, I am out of my Tony Moly banana hand lotion...and went from there. 🙂

See!  At least you needed something, lol.  Having 2x the points for an entire month is dangerous on its own!

Happy (early) Birthday @JenniferOhJenny!!! 

Thanks @ElleElleG

This is a peeve.. and I'm really depressed/sad about it too.. :'(

I had a migraine earlier today which involved some *being sick* and now my face is covered in burst blood vessel dots all around my eyelids, undereyes, mouth and scattered around the rest of my face. Enough that I look like someone tried to strangle me.

Bad enough being sick, but *insert swearing* what the *insert more swearing*

Now I gotta conceal like a MOFO until this *insert swearing* clears up.

Thanks life. You rock.

Oh man I'm so sorry to hear that @Insomniacmuffin!  I have the same issue with migraines and also get sick when my allergies get really bad, and I get the same issue with burst blood vessels all over my face. It's so frustrating and makes me so self conscious. As if suffering from migraines and getting sick isn't bad enough!

The worst part for me is that over time some of the spots on my cheeks have remained.  It's nowhere near as bad as it is when I get sick, but without foundation, up close you can see all these tiny red spots on my cheeks.  I even have to be careful about wearing pink based highlighters because they bring out the red spots.  I'm tempted to get them treated with a laser since they bother me so much, but I've had a really hard time finding info on how effective it would be and what treatment would be best. I thought I was some kind of weirdo with insanely delicate blood vessels and well, maybe I am but hey at least there's two of us!  

@Insomniacmuffin - Gah, I'm so sorry.  

When I went to China in high school, a blood vessel burst in my eye on the flight over.  I literally had a half-red eye for the entirety of the trip, made worse by the insistence of random strangers who were constantly dragging me into their family photos. It's funny now, but I was so embarrassed! 

I'm shocked! You...one of the greatest storytellers ever!...is sad about this?! Think of all the random awesome stories you could tell people about what happened to you?!?!

This will be my story:

"I choked on my lipgloss when I saw Sephora drop ebates to 2.5% then hose the Rouges outta the 2x points."

True dat.

I know I supposed to feel bad for you and I did. But all the *insert swearing* are *insert swearing* hilarious:)

Somewhat beauty related because it involves Sephora but I HATE not being able to write reviews because the site is still messed up! I want to write my heart out and praise all the items I have recently purchased that are awesome and would highly recommend but am not able to on any device or browser that I use 😞

I found an Ambient Blush Palette on Glambot but I waited too long to buy it and it got OOS before I could. Seems to be just my luck this week. It happened like 3 times during the VIB sale.

My justification for not getting this was "I have too many blushes" and the moment it went out of stock, I seriously regretted it 😞 I feel your pain!

Just read that someone used their boyfriend's balls as a beauty blender and posted a video of it. Note: I did not and will not watch that.

I just can't anymore.

Image result for i literally can't even right now

Also, apparently the anatomical term for balls is a bad word. Okay, Sephora...

1 Reply
testing