Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When you go a little overboard with the bronzer and your face says 'Caribbean vacation', but your neck says 'Canadian winter'.

I put on bronzer for the first time this past weekend so I can SO relate to this 😂

How I feel after I finish slathering sunscreen on my face 😕 

babyj.gif

I noticed that I stopped getting Sephora emails since mid February, so I decided to investigate and my account shows that I unsubscribed?! Weird, no I did not! Lol.  I just re-signed up again.  I was wondering why I wasn't getting the promo codes I'd normally get... I've always been signed up to Sephora emails for years and never been mysteriously removed from the list.

Surprise, surprise...this happened to me too last year.  Quite a few times. I contacted CS and when they re-subscribed me, it stuck. 

It happened to me during the gift card event last December and I had to contact the CS to get my GC. 

Happened to me.  Did you use a new email to re-subscribe?????  I think this is best. 

After a long run of having pretty nice skin, I'm developing texture and am not dealing with it like a mature adult. I'm pouting.  It feels like it just appeared overnight.  🙁  My hubby refuses to admit it's there which is even more frustrating.  

I have both of those.  I think I need to get better about not skipping peels.  

The Christian Louboutin red liquid liner is OOS 😞

I was entertaining the idea of getting it with the 15% off, but womp womp.

Hopefully it comes back in stock, if not, it's not a complete heartbreak because it's not like I need a $75 liner, but ughhhh PRETTYYYY!!!!

Hmmmm, there's gotta be some sorta medium you can mix with red pigment to get something close...or is it the purdy packaging you're wanting? 

It's a hefty mix of both, the packaging is to die for and I won't pretend the Louboutin name doesn't have appeal.

I know the practicality of a red liner isn't substantial, but it's almost so bold that I feel like it's a "go big or go home" spending situation.

I don't doubt being able to find a red liner out there not from Louboutin, heck, I have red shadows I can always add atop white liner so it pops even more and is super vibrant, but prettttayyyyyy :P.

Inglot makes an awesome mixing medium called Duraline. It's about 11 bucks 🙂 

Just piggybacking in case you just want to go the route of creating your own liner. 

Thanks! I've got some mixing mediums and way to make the look of a red liner, but the idea of owning the Louboutin red liner still looms haha!

I really wanted that KVD 100 pt lippie. But, this site being the major pain that it is wouldn't let me add anything to my cart. ( I guess Sephora doesn't care about making money? ) And, now the lippie is gone! Bloody awesome! Thanks, Sephora.

Hey lovelies!

So a girl I'm in a group with was talking to the manager at a Sephora store she goes to and he told her that this upcoming 15% off sale will be the only sale for the rest of the year. Sephora will not be having the end of the year 20% off sale. They have a lot of new product launches towards the end of the year that they will be focusing on instead 😔

That sounds gonna save me A LOT of money! 

Called CS about the SK II perk since I figured mod's were already handling so many complaints. The rep was super rude about it and then after a while finally said as a courtesy he'd refund my points even though he couldn't see any size discrepancy. 

What a real courtesy it is to rectify the situation as a business.

That's just wrong! I thought I saw a mod post on the rewards bazaar thread about there being an error in the size! so that should settle it.

because 1 oz does not equal 0.3 oz HA

Welcome to Sephora Canada! Where everything is always OOS...  My love list pretty much always looks like this... SMDH!

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 12.42.56 PM.png

testing