Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I had a friend tell me that they don't wear makeup to work anymore except for face, eyebrows, and mascara

....so you're really saying that you DO wear makeup AND you wear it 5 days a week AND it's well on its way to being full face.

Why do people have to say things like this -__-

I love/hate/laugh whenever I hear women and girls say stuff like that. Particularly when in relationship to other women wearing makeup.

"I don't wear makeup because I'm comfortable in my skin/don't like to waste time in the morning/blahblahblah. I only wear a little foundation and sometimes concealer, some blush, with just a little mascara and lipgloss/stick. Sometimes I'll swipe on a bit of  shadow. But other than that I don't wear makeup."

Girl, you mean you wear natural makeup, but after all those products, you can't claim to not wear makeup.

Whenever I see/hear "except" I always make a bet with myself how many products will follow.

@Annalily11 I wonder if people ever realize the irony in their statements. It's really confusing to me. It boggles my mind. I feel like they're trying to deceive me but it's not gonna work!! 

This would grind my gears too. I think this is partly why some women develop self image issues (thinking others wake up looking flawless). 😞

I wear less makeup than your friend on a daily basis, but fully consider myself "made up". My brain probably works differently though.. like.. why wouldn't I want someone to notice the extra 15 min I spent in the morning? 😄 If it looks great, YAY! If not, now I can improve!

It's a good point with the self image thing. There shouldn't be "shame" for wearing makeup nor there be a pissing contest to see who can wear less of it.  @whitepolkydots

When you go a little overboard with the bronzer and your face says 'Caribbean vacation', but your neck says 'Canadian winter'.

I put on bronzer for the first time this past weekend so I can SO relate to this 😂

How I feel after I finish slathering sunscreen on my face 😕 

babyj.gif

I noticed that I stopped getting Sephora emails since mid February, so I decided to investigate and my account shows that I unsubscribed?! Weird, no I did not! Lol.  I just re-signed up again.  I was wondering why I wasn't getting the promo codes I'd normally get... I've always been signed up to Sephora emails for years and never been mysteriously removed from the list.

Surprise, surprise...this happened to me too last year.  Quite a few times. I contacted CS and when they re-subscribed me, it stuck. 

It happened to me during the gift card event last December and I had to contact the CS to get my GC. 

Happened to me.  Did you use a new email to re-subscribe?????  I think this is best. 

After a long run of having pretty nice skin, I'm developing texture and am not dealing with it like a mature adult. I'm pouting.  It feels like it just appeared overnight.  🙁  My hubby refuses to admit it's there which is even more frustrating.  

I have both of those.  I think I need to get better about not skipping peels.  

The Christian Louboutin red liquid liner is OOS 😞

I was entertaining the idea of getting it with the 15% off, but womp womp.

Hopefully it comes back in stock, if not, it's not a complete heartbreak because it's not like I need a $75 liner, but ughhhh PRETTYYYY!!!!

Hmmmm, there's gotta be some sorta medium you can mix with red pigment to get something close...or is it the purdy packaging you're wanting? 

It's a hefty mix of both, the packaging is to die for and I won't pretend the Louboutin name doesn't have appeal.

I know the practicality of a red liner isn't substantial, but it's almost so bold that I feel like it's a "go big or go home" spending situation.

I don't doubt being able to find a red liner out there not from Louboutin, heck, I have red shadows I can always add atop white liner so it pops even more and is super vibrant, but prettttayyyyyy :P.

Inglot makes an awesome mixing medium called Duraline. It's about 11 bucks 🙂 

Just piggybacking in case you just want to go the route of creating your own liner. 

Thanks! I've got some mixing mediums and way to make the look of a red liner, but the idea of owning the Louboutin red liner still looms haha!

I really wanted that KVD 100 pt lippie. But, this site being the major pain that it is wouldn't let me add anything to my cart. ( I guess Sephora doesn't care about making money? ) And, now the lippie is gone! Bloody awesome! Thanks, Sephora.

testing