Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When you've spent agesss thoroughly washing your makeup brushes and then have to use them hours later.

You can use yours that quickly? I find mine take ages to dry !

Spending tons of money and surpassing the VIB Rouge spending requirement only to have 5 VIB Rouge exclusives that most have been on Sephora.com for 2 years.  Secondly, having VIB status included in on the VIB Rouge early access or also on the weekly specials.  What's the point in being a VIB Rouge when others who spend less get the same alleged benefits that Sephora tries to promote to get you to spend more money!  Finally, only being able to use Sephora points for sample size  products that you can get for free at Nordstrom or other high end department stores!

A person can only spend $999.99 and still be VIB!!!!

Why do people forget this???  Lol!!!

When I'm watching a makeup tutorial and they praise a primer even though they're using 3 different primers... How do you know? Eh? How do you know tho? Come on.

True!  How DO they know?  Lol!  @Blackwhiskey

when you have seasonal allergies and you think it's under control at the moment and then a sneezing fit hits

you also start feeling the sinus cavity pressure Smiley Sad

good bye to all the foundation around my nose

Ugh that's the worst! Feel better soon @flyte, just went through all that myself. I just wore moisturizer and topped it off with Hourglass Dim Light lol. 

When I just purchased from a company this afternoon and they send me an email a few hours later reminding me to reorder so I won't run out. The dang item hasn't even shipped yet. 

😂 they're just making sure you're covered in case you wanna generously slather your product all over repeatedly.  

Ugh...

I ordered 6 eyeshadows from the Sephora collection in the sale section and they are finally here! Hallelujah! The only bummer?

One is completely shattered and now out of stock. (no way of fixing without making a mess.)

I do have some faith that I might get it again as they keep going in & out (another peeve), but with my luck, who knows..

The really irritating part is that it was not packaged properly and I could hear the eyeshadow rattling around the box when I picked it up. It lacked the proper paper cushion and the receipt was without a signature. Smiley Indifferent

Sidenote: I'm still disliking this website change. Slow loading time, broken links, the removal of the brands feature!!! Just ugh

@EvangelineDamon Ohh nooSmiley Sad I would add it to your loves list to keep an eye on it incase it comes back in stock. 

What shade was it?:/

I've gotten a few boxes in the last week or so that I could hear my shadows rattling around too. I'm thankful for no casualties so far. 

I wish you luck on finding it again!

While the new site design looks really streamlined.....I'm not digging that it's not super compatible with Chrome. I've got Firefox at home and pages seem to load slowly there too. Explorer seems okay, but I'm not super keen on using that browser.

I'm able to access BT just fine on Chrome, but forget about trying to get to any other page....I keep getting 404 error messages or just blank pages that state they're still loading but nothing comes up. Smiley Sad It makes it tough to have a thread open and trying to research product ingredient lists and pull images from the product page all in one place. In one of my posts from earlier I had to open Sephora in Explorer, search products there, and paste over images to Chrome where I had the thread open. Having to bounce between browsers is no fun.

On a non-related note, I put in an order at Ulta online for my cousin but an hour later they launched the Redken beauty break. Ugh. -_-

Not like I NEEDED the Redken items, but if I'm going to order something and hit a minimum I like to be sure I'm maximizing all the promos/deals that I can. I should have waited. Bahhhhh!

I am right there with you @lylysa I needed to place an order on Wednesday and it took me a long time going through many browser on IPad and desktop to finally finish the task. Safari doesn't  open home page but can open basket when I click it through BT. Chrome on desktop opens home page but not the product page or basket. So I had to add products through quick look then go through ebates App and had to try multiple times before I successfully opened the basket and checked out.  

Apps are working fine but I don't know how to use ebates with Sephora App. All in all new website is a pain so far. Hopefully they fix it over the weekend.

I also hate it when store associates don't educate themselves on what they sell. It's your job to learn about what you're working in, regardless of what you personally use.

Wow another horror story from Shoppers Drug Mart.. I was in there and this customer asked an older store associate about the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, if it's as good as people say.The lady knew absolutely NOTHING but offered to swatch her shade. The customer was about to leave, unsure, but I came in and raved about it (it's my favourite high coverage foundation). I swayed her and she bought it. The store lady (and the customer later, outside) thanked me and I said you're welcome but... really lady? I understand that you can't know about every product (I work at Best Buy and I know for a fact that that's not possible) but at least learn about each brand you sell and know what the cult favourites are. The same lady preached to me about Clarins when I walked in, so she clearly knew a lot about that particular brand. If you're working in makeup and beauty, you should know how to do your job properly. 

Wow another story from Shoppers lol. You should apply for a part time job there @IZ95! For community service/charitable purposes Smiley Tongue I'm sure that customer appreciated your input. 

When my mascara transfers to the top of my cheekbones...it's the worst

I agree!  HATE when that happens! 

Highlighted

So I wake up to that dreaded 'tingle' on my lip..

you know the one.

And I'm all like.. S'okay, I got the office to myself today so I'll just slather on some Abreva and ride it out. Who cares that it makes me look like I ate a whip cream cupcake and didn't clean myself up after.. NOBODY gonna be there to see it.

Boss decides to come to office today. 

Jerkhole.

@Insomniacmuffin Ugh. I know that tingle well. Hope the abreva did the trick for you. I love that stuff! 

Okay, so I noticed the other day that my beloved holy grail Nuxe lip balms were moved to the "last chance" section on their website. I emailed the Nuxe CS about it aaaannnnnd received THIS email:

WHAT THE EFFF, NUXE! Smiley Sad

What?!?  Thanks for the heads up and I will be stockpiling.

Ulta shipping..UGH. So I go to use my $10 coupon on my birthday a few days ago, and my total is $1 short of free shipping after the code was applied. One freaking dollar! So I add a few items I don't really need/want, but whatever. My stuff ships and is delivered to UPS about 20 minutes from my apartment...great, right? Nope. They can't hold the packag for pickup, but must transfer it to USPS for delivery. So now I won't get it until TUESDAY. Now I'm mad again so I'll probably take a nap lol 

Ulta shipping is very slow for me, sometimes it's UPS and other times they transfer to USPS. I wish they just gave an option to send USPS, I think it would be faster than the transfer from UPS! 

When will I ever learn that "limited edition" is never actually limited? 

Coloured Raine is bringing back its queen of hearts palette after vehemently (and sometimes rudely) promising that it won't ever ever never ever ever be coming back AND after I bought one off of eBay for twice as much.  Arg.

No more, ebay or Poshmark or any other ridiculously over-priced third party purchases again.

1 Reply