Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I wwatched the Kevyn Aucoin one and rejected it due to it being made in China. I'm a little sad about all of the ABH highlighter palettes being made in China too 

For several personal reasons, which include recommendations from Doctors as well. I will be trying to avoid purchasing goods made in China.

Dont worry another product will swoop you away soon. Probably even tomorrow because we are beauty junkies Smiley Very Happy

Just buy it!!!  You live here.  

Don't start panicking now! Won't be the first or last time you consume Made in China goods.  ;')

Chinese manufacturers can produce whatever quality you need. It's the decision makers in North America to blame. 

Let's say for a product that costs 5 dollars to make in North America, it'll probably cost 3~4 dollars to make the product with the same quality in China. But if companies in North America decide they would only pay a dollar for it, you think it's the Chinese manufacturers' fault? You think companies will accept the goods without inspecting the quality? Becca for example, when customers found out about the poor quality of the JH collection, they blamed the Chinese manufacturer. But come on, do you really think Becca wouldn't know about the poor quality in the first place? Do you really think a big company like Becca doesn't have a sound system for quality? Do you really think if that's what happened, they wouldn't have sued the a*s off the manufacturer?

I apologize if I offended anybody. 

Bottles and containers that have 1/4 of product unreachable in bottom!  

Bottles that clog - or stick - or spray the product sideways (no work clothes before applying foundation - eveh!)

New mascara that is dryer than the vial I just threw out.

Eyeliner that is a memory the second I start my car. 

Non consensual glitter

UPS delivering my huge Sephora order to a stranger that was probably excited, then graciously (and fortunately) was honest enough to give it back (this DID happen to me!)  

And I agree with high pressure to purchase a product when I have clearly stated that I can't use things like that for XXXX reasons (am old... will settle in lines.  Too prefume-y - I will sneeze.  

Also - having to choose between a discount code and a fabulous promo offering. 

Oh! The last one always kills me, to choose the discount or the promo? Always feel like I made the wrong choice!

Non-Consensual Glitter 🤣🤣🤣

@JillyBeanTX

non consensual glitter also made me giggle! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy @JillyBeanTX @Tamara76

Spoiler
but I get so mad at things that clog! had a full bottle of shaving cream do that. now I avoid that brand and bottle type. it was the metal type so there's no way to open it (says "don't puncture, will explode" - type).

@wickedlollipop @Tamara76

Now... ELECTIVE glitter... that's a whole different matter! 

LOL!  Love that pic!  @JillyBeanTX

Smiley WinkSmiley Happy 

Highlighted

Eek! That is so cute @JillyBeanTX Smiley Very Happy So nice to see another TX gal on here haha. 

Well ... HOWDY!  @Mcakes ♥ 

I am really a Yankee (Minnesota) that wound up in Arizona.  Had to split the extremes a little! 

I have only been in Texas since 2009.

I'm actually a TX transplant too @JillyBeanTX ! It was quite an adjustment but I love it 

1) "email me when back in stock" *barely ever gets email when it is back in stock.  

2) things going in and out of stock multiple times within hours *cough, cough* stila mermaid glitters

3) Sephora making their ebates 2.5% I mean, what a joke

I wish I could heart this post more than once.

Don't get me started on Ebates....

Image result for i cant even

Yeah like when was it ever at 2.5%???? The lowest it ever goes is 4%. Seriously.

Ebates is normally why I place online orders, but 2.5% is a joke. Those few dollars are literally nothing, and not worth waiting a couple days when I could walk 20 minutes to the mall Smiley Frustrated

Maybe Sephora told Ebates to lower the cash back so they can rack in more store sales? Or Ebates didn't want to deal with a huge crash and lowered the cash back? I know it normally drops around sales, but something was up this time around. They've got to be in cahoots with each other...

I bought the Sephora eyebrow wax for $5 and got an ebates notice that I'll be getting 15 cents! Cue Biggie Smalls "Mo Money, Mo Problems"! 

Ebates is back up to 4% now Smiley Very Happy I have a bunch of things I still need to buy. Maybe they will offer us double points today too! 

I was hoping it would go back up to 4% today but still at 2.5% for Canada Smiley Sad I swear we can never catch a break Smiley Very Happy

Awww I'm sorry to hear that @veronika23 We were at 3% instead of 2.5 in the U.S during the sale so Canada really got the short end of the stick. 

I mostly held out because of double cash back Mondays and hoped Sephora would be included!

@xcicee  yeah I was hoping it would go back up today and held out on some stuff too... it's never been that low Smiley Sad

I ALWAYS FORGET EBATES IS A THING. I SPENT OVER 1K THIS SALE 😭😭😭

So it looks like a bunch of the Marc Jacobs nail polishes have been discontinued...

Image result for mad face gif

This always happens to me. I'll put off buying something because it's "permanent" only to find out it's been discontinued right under my nose. Smiley Sad 

2 Replies