Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I hate how every time I fall in love with a Lush product it's either holiday, LE or gets discontinued. (I'm looking at you Yummy Mummy body conditioner, yog nog, tiny hands and LOVE spell!!! UGH!) I'll go on a no buy from Lush because it drives me nuts to not have any product consistency but then I end up right back there, following the glorious smells. 

Same! I love that Yummy Mummy body conditioner but I didn't see it last year and I don't think they will come out with it this year.

Nope, I don't think it is either. I've been so hopeful too. It just makes me bonkers. I love the body conditioners but all the good smelling ones have been seasonal.

When you are depotting shadows and several of them break. And then you stab yourself with the knife you were using (annoying not serious). *sigh* maybe I'll should just order singles from now on.

I inevitably get hurt when I depot too. :(. 

And sigh, singles aren't as cost efficient though.  You get more variety from those bulky palettes. 

@heartsmyface When I repress shadows it makes the shadow really hard to pick up after. Idk what I'm doing wrong, any ideas? Idk why I'm getting hard pan

@makeitup305 you might be adding too much alcohol and pressing too hard. It should JUST be barely wet enough to press down evenly. Use a tissue wrapped around a coin to press to help lift excess moisture without getting the hard surface. 

@makeitup305 I don't know.... I actually have the opposite problem and end up with a lot of kickup when using repressed shadows. 

Maybe you're pressing down too hard?  or maybe somehow getting oil from your hands in the powder?  Does the problem resolve if you take off the top layer with a piece of scotch tape? 

@heartsmyface Maybe that's it. I'm gonna try the scotch face trick and see if that helps. I'd hate to have ruined new eyeshadow for really no reason.

UPS has officially lost my most recent Sephora order. 

It had my Cover Fx moonlight drop DS, too. 

I know I can get a sample of any liquid item from a store, but it's *not* the same, thankyouverymuch. 

I think I'm going to go open my chocolate drawer in my pantry. 😞

I feel yah!!! UPS lost my Sephora gift card last week!!!  

@wheeeee What now?! Ugh. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your order was promptly refunded!

Yea! This is the 3rd time I ask the hubs to get me a gift card and he always forgets to get the digital card.  So, they mail it out and I have to wait.

This time it doesn't arrive. He tells me that my GC is 'officially lost' and that Amazon is sending another.  

I was like....!  Are you kidding me??

Why didn't you request a Digital card?!

ahahahahahah!

@NarNarNars

@NarNarNars Oh nooo:( I hope they're able to find it soon:/

Just placed an order since the MUFE xl palette was back in stock. Forgot a promo code and ebates!:(

As long as you created the trackback link you can still  get the cash back from ebates, @StephaniLynn. 🙂

@NarNarNars What is the track back link? Is it new?

PMed you, @StephaniLynn! 🙂

i hate that @StephaniLynn! i've done that way too many times 😞

Ditto. I always forget samples, too.

@makeitup305 The sample section isn't the best right now either. 

They keep subbing things I pick for the HUM powder:/

2 Replies
testing