Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Update for anyone who might have been curious..

Went to the job interview, I don't think my lip-disease was too noticeable and I just played it like it was nothing.

On the downside.. the company really doesn't have their stuff together and it's not an opportunity I'm interested in. I was a little hesitant to take the interview because they didn't disclose the job title, but I'm currently an HR Manager so decided to assume it was on the same level, or higher.

Despite a 1.5 hours interview, they would still not tell me the job title, only all the various (and never-ending!!) responsibilities I would have. I was so-so on this, BUT since the role was interesting and had some challenges for me that I wanted to add to my resume  I was keen on.. however as soon as I started pushing back for clarification on anything I was shut down. Biggest was that I would manage their training program.. great! Has a budget already been allocated or will I also be putting that together? No.. actually there is no budget, there will never be budget (and then I got lectured on how business comes first and they can't waste peoples times going to training stuff)

That's when I nope'd the heck outta there.

Sorry to hear that! 

@Insomniacmuffin Glad you were able to conceal the less than optimal lip situation, but sorry to hear the opportunity was not meant to be.  At least you got practice updating your resume and polishing your interview skills.... 😊

Too bad it wasn't what you expected and sketchy Smiley Sad

So did you or didn't you wear the wax lips? Smiley Tongue 

Image result for wax lips candy

Is sporting a pair of giant candy wax lips pushing it??? Smiley Tongue

Today was frustrating. I went to Sephora to shop, only to find that 6 things I was looking for were not in stock. Also, the YSL display was really looking neglected, so I asked an SA what was going on. I was told YSL is not going to be carried at my store anymore! Smiley Sad Sephora was the only store in my area that has YSL. I left without purchasing a thing today. This combined with all of the annoying website problems has me feeling disappointed. I consoled myself by visiting the Chanel and MAC counters at Nordstrom.

giphy (1).gif

I'm sorry Smiley Sad my store is updating, and we got some Sunday Riley stuff! Mine is just a very little SIJCP though. 

Oh no! Hugs to you @angel7594 ❤ I actually went into my SiJCP today and also walked out with nothing. The store was a wreck. Nothing was in stock. I couldn't even enjoy looking at anything because of how messy it was lol. Walked right out. 

It is a good way to feel better @Asche Smiley Very Happy I should have tried that but I couldn't get out of there fast enough Smiley Tongue 

I really feel like a lot of the stores need a deep cleaning. Sorry, but if the display looks gross then I am not excited about trying products. Everything is usually grubby. A good monthly oe even quarterly deep cleaning would do the stores a ton of good.

@Mcakes I feel that way about the Sephora at the Eaton's Centre in Toronto. It always looks like a tornado has gone through it and everything you're looking for is always OOS.

I have never hopped over to MAC for a consolation lipstick though. I am definitely doing that next time! Smiley Very Happy

That is a bummer! But I must say, I love the way you console yourself. Smiley Very Happy

@Asche, A Chanel gloss and MAC lipstick definitely made the day a little brighter! Smiley Very Happy

So peeved!  I was eagerly anticipating wearing my new CoverFX Drops in Halo, so I applied a small amount to my brow bone as a highlighter. 2 hours later it had migrated to my crease and my eyelids swelled up!  Thinking maybe this baby is going back...

@prettyinpa I though I was crazy because I too reacted to the halo drops. When I applied over my makeup on cheek bones it was ok.. but then as I experimented more and applied on cheek bones over bare skin and mixed in with moisturizer/foundation, my skin itched and next day broke out in a bad rash and several bumps. I had also tested on the lids and they got so watery I removed it immediately.

It is now 10 days and just now getting back on track to clearing my skin - but ofcourse now I am left with some pigmented/scarred spots which in my skin take months to fade 😣 

That's scary D: I just got a sample of Halo so I will be careful applying it. I haven't had a reaction to Moonstone when I applied it. 

Also omg, I just realized I follow you on instagram @Anewxa

@patronbleu I knew your user sounded familiar 😊 💕

I haven't had issues with moonstone but then I did not add to my foundation or moistirizer so not sure if the fotmula reacted to that or the dyes used. I hope the sample works out for you, it is quite pretty both ways used..now I am trying to find something similar in a powder version. 

I'm not very creative, just went with the same username for quite a lot of social media!

Hmm according to Temptali her dupes for Halo are:

• Makeup Geek Moon Phase (P, $20.00) is warmer, more shimmery (95% similar).
  • Anastasia Blue Ice (LE) is more shimmery (95% similar).
  • NYX Twilight Tint (P, $7.99) is more shimmery (95% similar).
  • Looxie Beauty Wicked (P, $7.50) is darker, more shimmery (95% similar).
  • L'oreal Ice (P, $12.99) is lighter (90% similar).
  • Anastisia Snow (LE) is warmer (90% similar).

As for me, my purple powder alternative for Halo would be MAC Softfrost or Urban Decay AfterGlow Aura! Didn't fall in love with the Becca Amethyst @Anewxa

That's disappointing @prettyinpa Smiley Sad I'm sorry you had this reaction, I'd definitely take it back. There are so many other new highlighters for you to trade it out for lol. 

@Mcakes-  Thanks for the good wishes, the eyelids are still red but at least they stopped burning and itching!  I'm definitely sending this back, you are so right that there are so many highlighters and I only have one face!

How much longer until 400 Code is FIXED????

I can get on BT now but shopping Sephora is a nightmare.  Almost every time I click on a product I get this 400 Error Code. 

Trying to make my April Sale Love List!

four.jpg

6 Replies