Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Ahhhhhh, that's happened to two of my lipsticks!!!  Clearlythere needs to be more caffeine invested between getting up and applying makeup.  

Edit- that was supposed to say injested but i guess it could work. 

@Nat3742 Looks like you had a Pretty Woman moment!

dfgdgd.gif

Also, smashed lipsticks are no fun. I've had that happen to me a couple of times, too. 

I'm not a huge lipstick gal but yeah smashed lipsticks aren't fun! They just don't look as pretty afterwards lol. 

Unfortunately it's so hard to train employees on the balance of giving a customer the right amount of attention. It really sucks that he treated you in a way that you literally walked. That's never the goal obviously. He probably was just trying (too hard) to prevent shrinkage and in turn ran you out. 

He needs to learn the lesson that you can never judge a book by it's cover. 

I think people who work retail jobs perhaps recall themselves at age 15 not having a lot of money, so they project their own experience with little money, on their assumption of young people in general.

In the end this comes down to job training and not becoming relaxed with that training. 

Am i I just tired or does my sentence not make sense? I need a cat nap.  

I have always been told that if you want to see a woman's true age look at her neck, decolletage and hands so I have always taken good care of these areas. Anything I put on my face like moisturizers, peels, etc., I also put on my hands. I have received compliments from strangers stating that I should be hand model at the age of 47 and I'm proud of my hands. Recently, I had a mini facial at the Clarins counter at Macys. When it came time to give me the hand massage, the sales associate said, "Wow you have beautiful hands. Don't you ever cook or clean?" I usually have snappy replies but I thought this was really rude and interpeted it to mean that I don't do anything useful with my time. I'm not into cooking but my apartment is spotless. I wondered if there was a cultural connotation since the sales associate is Asian and she was telling me how she gets up at dawn to cook and clean for her husband. Was I being overly sensitive? I would like to add that every time I go into Macys I have had a negative experience at the beauty counters so this was my last time.

Maybe it was meant as a compliment.  Like she thought you were well off enough to have someone else do it for you?  I'd have to hear the whole conversation and her tone to pick up on whether it was a gentle jab at you.  It could very well have been an unconscious jealousy coming through.  Maybe she is used to having nicer hands than most people who come through so she immediately got defensive when she saw nicer ones than hers, lol.  

All I know is that I've always had weird pudge fingers and I know no one would ever say I had nice hands, so I'd take it as a compliment.  

Can I also mention that I would never get up and cook and clean for my husband.  If I cook or clean it's because I want to for me.  The Hubby just benefits from the fact I like to do so.    

I'm sorry you had this experience @Crazy4Sephora1! I think you may be on to something, it may be an honest cultural disconnect. She should have stopped the comment at, "Wow you have beautiful hands". What followed was unnecessary but she may not have even known it was offensive. 

I hate it when you listen to store associates make horrible recommendations to customers. I was in Shoppers Drug Mart (kind of the Canadian equivalent to Ulta or CVS) and a woman was looking for basically a full face of makeup. The store associate came to my aisle and proceeded to tell her that the Aveeno BB Cream is a good dupe for the Smashbox BB Cream (WHAT?? what blog did you read that from LOL) and tell her more products to get for her face. The poor woman listened to everything she said and filled her basket full of items. They might have worked for her, but it really didn't seem like she told her any best sellers or well known items. 

I don't think I could help myself, I would have befriended that poor woman and shown her a few of my favorite things lol. 

I was honestly going to, but that day I wore almost nothing on my face so I didn't want to come off as an uneducated crazy person 😛 

Burned myself on the face again with my curling iron. woohooo scabs for days

@Mcakes @IZ95 @Asche Thanks guys!! Happy to report that recovery has been going well. Mostly have been slathering ointment on it. But in the past 1-2 days the darker scabs have fallen off, so now the area is pinkish. Which is much more pleasing to the eye. The most annoying part, other than having a burn on my face, was while it was healing I couldn't open my mouth normally i.e. when I'm eating. Since the scabs were so close to the side of my chin. 😞 

Ouch! Sorry to hear that @mella900 😞

I did this but on my shoulder 😞 then I walked into a door which ripped the scab off. I now have a nasty scar ugh. hope you heal soon!

This was me last week, but instead of my face it was my fingers. 😛 I wish you a speedy recovery! 

I have been looking everywhere for the last month or so for my Nars lipstick in 'Dolce Vita' I could not find it anywhereee. I've been peeved at myself for losing it since it's my go to nude. 

Last night while rearranging my mini lipsticks, noticed one of my mini Nars' was a bit bigger than the others. DUH. Because it was my full size Dolce Vita!

*face palm*

I haaate when that happens, and when I get stuck on one shade out of the 50 I have and I dig through everything only to find it in a purse or something.!!

@shirleylin88 I dug through my purses, makeup bags, my jacket pockets, train case, even my regular suit case and I thought I had gone through all my makeup drawers. lol I even put it back on my loves list to re-order!

Ok so I wanna know if other people are having this problem.

I'll be on a thread, I'll heart and comment on some posts, leave and come back much later to see the new comments and the previously hearted comments are no longer hearted.  WTH? This has been happening more and more. I know I hearted those comments... why does it magically remove itself? Very frustrating. I want the old heart system back!

687474703a2f2f696d67312e77696b69612e6e6f636f6f6b69652e6e65742f5f5f636232303132303130353130313233382f7265636573732f696d616765732f302f30352f544a5f4465747765696c65725f57686f6d70732e676966.gif

recess!!!!

Where'd the wolf go @veronika23?? 😉

7 Replies
testing