Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

While the new site design looks really streamlined.....I'm not digging that it's not super compatible with Chrome. I've got Firefox at home and pages seem to load slowly there too. Explorer seems okay, but I'm not super keen on using that browser.

I'm able to access BT just fine on Chrome, but forget about trying to get to any other page....I keep getting 404 error messages or just blank pages that state they're still loading but nothing comes up. 😞 It makes it tough to have a thread open and trying to research product ingredient lists and pull images from the product page all in one place. In one of my posts from earlier I had to open Sephora in Explorer, search products there, and paste over images to Chrome where I had the thread open. Having to bounce between browsers is no fun.

On a non-related note, I put in an order at Ulta online for my cousin but an hour later they launched the Redken beauty break. Ugh. -_-

Not like I NEEDED the Redken items, but if I'm going to order something and hit a minimum I like to be sure I'm maximizing all the promos/deals that I can. I should have waited. Bahhhhh!

I am right there with you @lylysa I needed to place an order on Wednesday and it took me a long time going through many browser on IPad and desktop to finally finish the task. Safari doesn't  open home page but can open basket when I click it through BT. Chrome on desktop opens home page but not the product page or basket. So I had to add products through quick look then go through ebates App and had to try multiple times before I successfully opened the basket and checked out.  

Apps are working fine but I don't know how to use ebates with Sephora App. All in all new website is a pain so far. Hopefully they fix it over the weekend.

Anyone else finding that every time they do a search to see if an item is in stores, Sephora inside JCP doesn't show up anymore? I don't know if it's just been my luck (I've tried about 5-6 products now for brands I KNOW are stocked at the JCP locations), but for everything I searched, NO SiJCP's were listed to have it in stock!  I'm wondering if Sephora removed them from the search feature? 

EDIT: It's just been my luck lol I decided to search a nars concealer which I know is always in stock and a JCP showed up, so nvm!

THIS.i really don't need anymore of these. straight to the trash it goes. 

IMG_2420.JPG

I can't tell you how many times I've selected the sample of Benefit Mattifiying Gel and been sent Porefessional instead. No more!

I completely agree, no more smashbox primer either. Please and thank you. 😄

I wonder if Sephora is losing any money over their site still not loading properly.. At least for me it isn't

This new site set up is driving me crazy!

I was just now able to log in 😒

I'm having issues with the site too. 

Has anyone else with Flash shipping found it to be kinda...not so flashy lately? I know that the two day countdown starts when the item is actually shipped but lately my shipping is still three days instead of two. I had an order confirm as shipped at 8:30 am on Tuesday Feb. 28. So two-day shipping should give it an arrival of date of today, Thursday, March 2. But instead it's scheduled for tomorrow. 

I know it's not the end of the world but I've made some pretty big orders lately and this *is* supposed to be a Rouge perk. I double-checked my account and I'm enrolled in Flash until Jan 1, 2018. 

Just gripin'.

Ugh...

I ordered 6 eyeshadows from the Sephora collection in the sale section and they are finally here! Hallelujah! The only bummer?

One is completely shattered and now out of stock. (no way of fixing without making a mess.)

I do have some faith that I might get it again as they keep going in & out (another peeve), but with my luck, who knows..

The really irritating part is that it was not packaged properly and I could hear the eyeshadow rattling around the box when I picked it up. It lacked the proper paper cushion and the receipt was without a signature. Smiley Indifferent

Sidenote: I'm still disliking this website change. Slow loading time, broken links, the removal of the brands feature!!! Just ugh

@EvangelineDamon Ohh noo:( I would add it to your loves list to keep an eye on it incase it comes back in stock. 

What shade was it?:/

I've gotten a few boxes in the last week or so that I could hear my shadows rattling around too. I'm thankful for no casualties so far. 

I wish you luck on finding it again!

Anonymous Insider

Why did Sephora get rid of its "brands" list?There's now a "brands" tab but it only lists a few "featured" brands and "new"brands. There's no list of all the brands any more.  For why Sephora?  Who Ok'd that change?

I hope the new site is a "work in progress", the functionality of the site before was nice. I'm all for updating some graphics and the layout, but leaving out giant features seems counter-productive, especially if folks aren't aware of the variety Sephora has to offer and they can't even see a full list of brands. 😞

The brands feature was the one feature I used the most. This is highly irritating 

Oh good, I thought it was just me! I always use that list and now (since the search function hasn't been working for me) I have to come up with creative ways to get to the products I want.

I just remembered, though, I swear that on the first day of the website change there was a Brands A-Z (or something like that) that you could click on. I mean, I got an error message when I clicked on it, but it was there.

That's ridiculous! I used that feature nearly every time I shopped. 

I'm not liking this new site. 😤

The whole site is driving me nuts! I can't log into BT half the time. Errors galore...Nothing works in Chrome. It half works in Safari. I don't get how they could roll out such a glitchy interface! 

Ditto about the brands list! That's the most important list of the whole site...for any site that carries more than one brand!

To get rid of one of the most useful things for navigating the site ( at least to me )... What? Why? Who? Why?! I am completely confused... And, majorly bleeped off!

upload_5044898191402303212.gif

Such a great feature it was... Le sigh... RIP, poor brands tab!

Who thought that was a good idea, Sephora?! Just bring it back! Or, am I missing something here...? Is the list hidden somewhere else and I can't find it cuz the site is a mess?

testing