Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@nikki25gee

Spoiler
heart tree.jpg

"If a person is nice, a person is nice 100% of the time..."

I'm not going to get involved in this argument, but this statement is so absurd I can't not say something. I'm surprised to be reading it. Not only is this just FALSE but it is an incredibly narrow and naive world view. You have to be a little more generous with people or you won't get along with anyone.

Yes @Gwenhwyfar, if that were true, then no one in this world would be considered a "nice person".

We all have bad days. We have our peeves, and we have things that bother us. In the end, the internet is still the internet, and you have no idea what someone has gone through that day. If you catch me on a bad day with a comment that irks me, I'll probably end up sounding catty even though I'd say I'm nice on BT 90% of the time (Smiley Wink)

Having to be nice 100% of the time would be exhausting and impossible...

@poohblueberry I like you too Smiley Happy

I know you gals don't agree with her but wanted to point out that she is in fact a nice person Smiley Happy

And yes true. People who don't like something can scroll past it for sure... I've got plenty to say on that topic but will leave it at that lol Smiley Very Happy

At the same time though... how do you think Sephora employees feel about people asking them for things... from what I'm told it's not just codes. So I can imagine them being tired of constantly getting request for stuff... in this case codes.

At this point I don't think there is anything we can do about people stealing information/promos. Smiley Sad

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy @veronika23 

I'm sure Katie and Candace (and maybe others) were bombarded with requests, but they were nice about the whole thing (but maybe grumbling about it offline Smiley Very Happy), but your friend didn't have to be nasty online. That is what totally irked me. I know that she's your friend and you'll defend her to the ends of the earth, but (I'll say it again) she does not seem or act nice (to me).

I suppose you got to know her over time, and thus got to be friends. But aren't you aghast if said friend was nasty to a waiter, server, homeless person, whomever? This would be a red flag to me that this person chooses to be nice to whomever she likes, and not everybody.

My thing is, I am nice (and respectful) to everyone unless they show me that they don't deserve my respect. My sister always said that I was too nice. But because I was too nice, people took me for granted, took advantage of me, disrespected me, etc.

I am still a nice person, but I won't take crap from anyone anymore. It took me a long time to get to this point because I was always too nice.

Point is, if you're nice, you're nice. If you're not, you're not. That's why I don't think your friend is a nice person intrinsically; if she was, she wouldn't have been so nasty.

@poohblueberry I understand your point of view... but sometimes when you are frustrated about something it just comes out. Could be the case here... You were frustrated about her comment and voiced your opinion too. I don't agree with what you said and the words you chose but doesn't mean I think less of you because of a few comments... you know.

Anyways generally speaking I think I'm a nice person but I can get B- itchy too Smiley Tongue  No one is perfect and I think we all have our moments.

we can agree to disagree Smiley Happy

@veronika23 Okay, sweetie! Truce!! I gotta get some shut-eye!! And yes, we can agree to disagree!!! <3 <3

63494235.jpg

@poohblueberry Hope you have good makeup dreams Smiley Very Happy

@veronika23 Did you have to be so cute??

too-cute-puppy-t2.jpg

Thank you and take care!! Heart

Awwww puppy!!!!! Heart Heart Heart

If you think I give a d$ about what you think of me or my opinions you are as ridiculous as all those begging for codes. 

And dont apologize for something you clearly meant to say; I certainly don't.

You know what, I don't apologize for calling you rude. To call people beggars, and now to call people ridiculous. LOL. You have such a horrible attitude and I am NOT sorry. Smiley Happy @mrsbaine

Gold star!!!! Own your truth @nikki25gee!!! I'm proud of you. 

... I still hate beggars.... Which I guess makes me rude. 😏 

and obviously also immature. Smiley Very Happy

👍🏽 VERY!!!! 

I am so peeved out right now.. More like choked.   I had a package delivery in my mail box - i went to go grab it and there was nothing. I figured it was just late, or something so i continued my walk with my dogs. Anyway, as I'm walking i notice a box from with the colour pop magazine out in the bushes, curious.. i walk towards it and notice it was mine... my information was sprawled everywhere and the contents obviously were missing. I am so upset. How do people do that? Take someone else's things.. how do people even steal? Don't they not have a conscious? or something that tells them no thats wrong. I am so upset, because i would NEVER do that to someone else. .... Smiley Sad This is literally so upsetting because that has never happened to me before ... Smiley Sad anyway.. boo Smiley Sad

Omg that is upsetting! I'm sorry that happened to you. People are so terrible. Society is changing so quick. I've heard That people's mailboxes were being broken into. I've had relatives that have had to acquire personal mailboxes. That's depressing!

Man, I hate thieves!! Sorry it happened to you. Now, I hope it's just the colourpop order that was taken and not other important papers (tax papers, credit card, etc)...

I have a UPS personal mailbox(an actual address, not a P.O. box) for this reason, I pay $240 a year for a small box and they gave me two keys (one for store key just in case I go there beyond store hours, and one for my mailbox itself). The only negative is if I have bigger package, I have to wait for them to open because they store it somewhere else, it won't fit in my mailbox. Also, one time, Sephora thought it was a business address so I had to send them my receipt/contract that proves it is for personal use (they have a different business type mailbox).

I had a really suspicious roommate before, and even if I live in an okay neighborhood, I just never felt safe. Then I moved to a ghetto place. The good thing is, I never have to change addresses anymore haha! Now I moved again to a better place, I'm still going to keep my UPS mailbox. The drive going there and the annual fee is sooo much worth it for my sanity!

I also second the lock, camera, motion activated alarm and the fake parcel (put your dog poop inside it) then send the video to police! 

@AmazingGrace333 It seems that the thieves picked our mailbox lock and by doing so ended up taking the key that was placed in there for the bigger package - along with that they took the rest of our mail as well. Turns out its a bigger issue because now a key to a mailbox that holds bigger packages is with a thief and they can target anyone who has packages coming in. Thats what i gathered from talking to USPS. I really don't know if they will do anything about this. All i know is that I'm taking matters into my own hands and taking the necessary precautions. 

The personal mailbox idea doesn't sound so bad at all. Then you don't have to deal with this c r a p. I think for the remainder of my immigration paperwork - i may look into that - just to be safe..  I don't want to be paranoid all the time thinking my sensitive papers with all my information might be jacked today or tomorrow. Such a hassle TBH all of this.... because of few immoral people. gaaahh..

Oh that makes me angry!!!!  I wonder if any of your neighbours have video surveillance.  I would report it to the police so they can make an extra effort to surveil the area because you're likely not the only victim of this.  

Next step, buy some motion activated cameras and catch the bugger by leaving a fake parcel.  They'll be back.  You can count on it.  

@heartsmyface No surveillance here mama bear. I think I have seen my neighbours probably once since our move to ATL. All the paranoia that they instil in you through the news channels of people breaking in and trying to rob you - and all the precautions you can take... its setting in.. I think tonight we will go pick up a camera to install outside and go look into USPS approved mail boxes that @DiVWA mentioned. 

ps. definitely miss westwood plateau. I know one month i ordered atleast 18-20 parcels and some of them were left outside for DAYS because i had been travelling with the family.. upon my return they were still outside.. stacked next to the door.  Cannot have that here in ATL (atleast where i am at!) .. gahh..

6 Replies