Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

They need to bring it back, there were so many things I found from other brands. 

I try to venture off into brands i'm not familiar with and the brands list was how I did it.  Please Sephora bring it back 😞 

Agree!!! That "Brands" tab was my most used link off the homepage. I almost always search by brand instead of by product. Not a big deal of course, since I can just search for the brand using the search box, but annoying since I'm already in the habit of clicking my way to it. Can't teach an old dog new tricks and all that, I guess.

Is there nowhere to see a complete brand list now? I used that page less, but it does come in handy every once in awhile. Let me know if anyone finds that somewhere!

I used that feature a lot.  Sigh.  I can't tell if I hate the new layout because I'm résistent to change or if it's actually bad.  It'll be a week or so before i'm sure. 

Well, my order from 2/27 wasn't making ANY progress (besides saying "IN PROGRESS"), so I called the Rouge hotline for the first time ever.

He couldn't really give me any information but said he would put a request through to the distribution center.

An hour later, I get a shipping notification!

Happy that it's "moving" now, but I don't know why I had to call to make this happen.. haven't had this issue before at all..

You know the new format is a disaster when your customers can't even shop. 

Such new graphics. No able to shop. Much Sephora wow.

I am so peeved out right now.. More like choked.   I had a package delivery in my mail box - i went to go grab it and there was nothing. I figured it was just late, or something so i continued my walk with my dogs. Anyway, as I'm walking i notice a box from with the colour pop magazine out in the bushes, curious.. i walk towards it and notice it was mine... my information was sprawled everywhere and the contents obviously were missing. I am so upset. How do people do that? Take someone else's things.. how do people even steal? Don't they not have a conscious? or something that tells them no thats wrong. I am so upset, because i would NEVER do that to someone else. .... 😞 This is literally so upsetting because that has never happened to me before ... 😞 anyway.. boo 😞

Omg that is upsetting! I'm sorry that happened to you. People are so terrible. Society is changing so quick. I've heard That people's mailboxes were being broken into. I've had relatives that have had to acquire personal mailboxes. That's depressing!

Man, I hate thieves!! Sorry it happened to you. Now, I hope it's just the colourpop order that was taken and not other important papers (tax papers, credit card, etc)...

I have a UPS personal mailbox(an actual address, not a P.O. box) for this reason, I pay $240 a year for a small box and they gave me two keys (one for store key just in case I go there beyond store hours, and one for my mailbox itself). The only negative is if I have bigger package, I have to wait for them to open because they store it somewhere else, it won't fit in my mailbox. Also, one time, Sephora thought it was a business address so I had to send them my receipt/contract that proves it is for personal use (they have a different business type mailbox).

I had a really suspicious roommate before, and even if I live in an okay neighborhood, I just never felt safe. Then I moved to a ghetto place. The good thing is, I never have to change addresses anymore haha! Now I moved again to a better place, I'm still going to keep my UPS mailbox. The drive going there and the annual fee is sooo much worth it for my sanity!

I also second the lock, camera, motion activated alarm and the fake parcel (put your dog poop inside it) then send the video to police! 

@AmazingGrace333 It seems that the thieves picked our mailbox lock and by doing so ended up taking the key that was placed in there for the bigger package - along with that they took the rest of our mail as well. Turns out its a bigger issue because now a key to a mailbox that holds bigger packages is with a thief and they can target anyone who has packages coming in. Thats what i gathered from talking to USPS. I really don't know if they will do anything about this. All i know is that I'm taking matters into my own hands and taking the necessary precautions. 

The personal mailbox idea doesn't sound so bad at all. Then you don't have to deal with this c r a p. I think for the remainder of my immigration paperwork - i may look into that - just to be safe..  I don't want to be paranoid all the time thinking my sensitive papers with all my information might be jacked today or tomorrow. Such a hassle TBH all of this.... because of few immoral people. gaaahh..

Oh that makes me angry!!!!  I wonder if any of your neighbours have video surveillance.  I would report it to the police so they can make an extra effort to surveil the area because you're likely not the only victim of this.  

Next step, buy some motion activated cameras and catch the bugger by leaving a fake parcel.  They'll be back.  You can count on it.  

@heartsmyface No surveillance here mama bear. I think I have seen my neighbours probably once since our move to ATL. All the paranoia that they instil in you through the news channels of people breaking in and trying to rob you - and all the precautions you can take... its setting in.. I think tonight we will go pick up a camera to install outside and go look into USPS approved mail boxes that @DiVWA mentioned. 

ps. definitely miss westwood plateau. I know one month i ordered atleast 18-20 parcels and some of them were left outside for DAYS because i had been travelling with the family.. upon my return they were still outside.. stacked next to the door.  Cannot have that here in ATL (atleast where i am at!) .. gahh..

Oh, my parents live on the plateau! Small world! It's beautiful up there, and also seems super safe, as you mentioned, so I'm sorry your new hood isn't quite as trustworthy. It's awful that someone just took your stuff, I'm so sorry that happened to you!! Some good advice in this thread though, so I hope it never happens again! @kromance

@AshleyYVR aw yeah!It truly is beautiful!!!@heartsmyface is from the same area as well! Small world indeed! 

Thank you for the kind concern :).Yeah, hopefully after doing the necessary that this NEVER happens again - its stressful thats for sure. 

Our neighbourhood is deemed pretty safe and we've still had our boat pirated off of and our car broken into.  All on video.  The car thief was eventually caught but the boat thief got away as far as I know.

Heck, we even have people drive by on recycling day and steal our empty bottles.  I don't mind that so much though I do wonder about the cost effectiveness of wasting gas to collect empties.  Meh. 

That mailbox sounds like a good idea.  It's sad that that's a necessity.

having the cameras installed comes in handy for checking to see if delivery people came by and sometimes to track down the jerks who parked in your lane way to go to the beach.  Yeah people have done this to us. 

No way! They took off with your guys' boat? wow. Im glad you have cameras set up. @heartsmyface Its the worst having someone jack your stuff...

You know i have actually seen that too.. people driving by on recycling day taking bottles and cans. I can't believe some people do that ..to make the effort to get in your car, waste so much gas and take other peoples recycling.. lol 😐

I have been researching cameras today to purchase for the front door. Hopefully that will be a big help in keeping the future theft at bay. 

No no, they boarded our boat at night and stole a bunch of stuff off it.  Life jackets, a radio, some jackets a couple towels...  someone else had to have had a boat to get to ours and take the stuff cause it was mooring off our dock when it happened.  

it's all rigged up with an obnoxious alarm and lights now, but it was very distressing.  

The recycling thing I try not to think too hard on cause then I start thinking about the risk of hepatitis, the stickiness and get all germaphoby.  I do t even consider myself a germaphobe but I have limits.

So sorry to hear this! We've had this issue in our neighborhood. One neighbor no longer uses her mailbox and has all mail forwarded to a post office box. This is probably the easiest solution although it's inconvenient to have to pick up mail there.

If your mailbox is set up where you can control the size and type and installation, I recommend replacing it with a locking type. We installed ours where our old mailbox was in a communal type location (a group of various type boxes on a horizontal post type system). Home Depot and other places sell USPS-approved type locking mailboxes.

We also installed a mailbox alarm that buzzes inside our home whenever our mailbox is opened. This alarm requires the mailbox to be a certain number of feet (or less) from the base inside the home.

There's a parcel box in this communal group though that the postman uses for larger packages that don't fit inside our mailbox, which we can only really monitor by getting out mail as soon as we hear the alarm go off. But there have been periods where he doesn't use this box (likely when complaints about thefts occur) but puts the package at front door instead. We've got a camera inside that films anyone who comes to the door but to me this doesn't deter theft. We try to keep track of which packages are coming that day to stay ahead of any potential thieves which isn't foolproof of course.

@DiVWA Thats a really good idea - my husband and i might go check out home depot tonight for uses approved locking mailboxes. I didn't even know we could have an alarm installed in the mailbox itself.  Thats GREAT.  I am on high alert after this because i am expecting my immigration papers in the mail.. and i would probably cry if those got stolen. I don't want to take ANY chances. Thank you for the advice DivWa! much appreciated:). I am certain on installing a camera outside - just for our safety @Anewxa. I think we are going to go pick one up at Bestbuy tonight.  Its sad that it has come to this to be honest.  

TERRIBLE! I'm so sorry that happened to you... such a violating feeling!

So sorry you had to go through that!

@kromance I think a camera isn't a bad idea even if it is as a dummy, just for the peace of mind - we installed real ones at the front door and around the house and I feel so much safer (have lil ones) especially because we can access the live feed from our phones/TV at anytime. 

That is terrible! Unfortunately, I think it's becoming more common. There are so many youtube videos of people getting caught stealing packages off people's porches and boxes.. disgusting behavior. The amount of opportunists nowadays is so disheartening.

I particularly like watching the videos of instant karma where the box is rigged with something, or someone leaves a phone next to them and it gets swiped but it's actually a stun phone.. bzzzzzt!! Karma.

1 Reply
testing