Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Annalily11 Ugh what a pain.  I've had nothing but good experiences with spring except  for my last order.  I placed a pretty big American Apparel order and happened to also place one on AA's actually website the day after.  Well, the AA direct order shipped the same day and the one with Spring still was processing over a week later! I contacted them and they were like oh sorry it's cancelled because they are no longer available.  Umm they were still available on AA's website so I got kinda angry.  I think they purposely didn't put the order through because my discount was too great (I had an extra 20% off an already 40% off price and I don't think AA liked that).  It left a sour taste in my mouth though as they made no effort to contact me, I had to be the one to contact and ask where my items and/or money was!

Anyways, I hope you get your package soon!

That stinks! And I wouldn't be surprised if they did cancel on purpose, since that whole situation sounds shady. I want to like them because they do have some great sales, plus the free shipping no matter the order. I wouldn't even mind it taking a little on the longer side, but for it to be sitting in the same city as me for over two weeks with no movement is absurd, especially since they had no problem accepting my money right quick. At this point, though, I'm not sure if it's the company or the shipping service.

I received an email this morning from a beauty retailer for an offer that looked awesome, until I noticed a "sold out" banner above the offer in the email! LOL 

1415741608046.png

@angel7594 I think I know which email you are referring to, because I got the same one! Thankfully I redeemed that offer a few days ago.

I got that same email. I was like "what's the point?"

Haha! Yes it was from "U" 😄 

Thank goodness you were able to redeem it before seeing the OOS email! 🙂

Take that Nordstrom Rack lol. I was able to find the exact same shoes in my size and do an exchange to get the lower sales price. Such a hassle and silly. With the discount I picked up another pair of boots 🙂

Nice! That's awesome @misscg 🙂

Sounds like it was worth the extra legwork! @misscg

It was super annoying that you had to go through all that hassle, though! 😞

Also seems silly to have to follow your own thread in order to get notifications of your responses.... obviously you would want to!

I have a bit of a pet peeve not exactly beauty related... but it is this website not being user friendly!  I love the idea of it.. a place where everyone can share and ask questions, get advice, ect.  But man I find it hard to follow.  It doesn't tell you when someone responds to you or answers your question.  When you look in your profile it just says your recent history but not if someone has.  And the responses are in order of date, which can be nice.. but it should also go by thread!  I don't really know what "follow this thread" does.. maybe I'm just doing it all wrong.  Am I guys?

Hmm another idea... be able to favorite threads so you can access them easily again!

@scarletb when I reply to someone's post I will almost always tag them so that they at least get an email notification. 

Im with you! I find it hard to search for forums too, like search results appear but not necessarily the most recent ones.

If you follow the thread, you will receive an email every time someone posts on it. You can also set up your notifications, so that you will get an email when someone replies to you using an "@" eg: @scarletb

Thanks for that! I got the email.. I had no idea!  Still though, people don't always do that...and its hard to find where "notification settings" is.  Also, would be nice to have it show on your profile page for people who don't like emails. I would also suggest to Sephora -not that they listen to me 🙂 - to have your post history separated by the threads you've started and ones you've replied to

@Beadshopgirl see I forgot oops! I will get used to it like insta!

When you buy the gloss to match your lquid lipstick, only to discover they are two totally different colors:

IMG_8969.JPG

These are both supposed to  be Posie K.

The liquid lippie is like a dark mauve shade - really pretty, but the gloss is a fuschia - too bright for me!  The Posie K lipliner is also more fuschia, so I wonder if my lippie is just from an off  batch....

My daughter and her friends are smitten with this line, so I started adding a few things for myself onto orders for her.  I was surprised to discover how much I liked the lip kits, but given this development and other recent controversies, I think I'll hold off on buying more from her for a while...

I've never tried to match gloss to lipstick or rebought a color (too into trying the newest things) but for all of middle school and high school I wore Dr Pepper Lip Smackers. Sometime in high school, the texture became less emollient and that bummed me out. It didn't become bad, but I had just really liked the original texture. 

I heard something like this before about Candy K though. How the CandyK that was first released is different from what is offered now. 😕 Very disappointing if you actually need to restock and the color turns out to be different!

Irritating! That's one of my concerns with this brand - the quality I expect just isn't there... if you buy the same color, it should be the same! 

3 Replies
testing