Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Insomniacmuffin this literally happened to me last week. I almost exclusively shop online at sephora and am so annoyed with having to go out of my way to go to the nearest store! I don't understand why they do that policy because it is absolutely possible for a store to put a refund onto gift card if thats how the purchase was made, many other stores do this with no problem!! My Sephora always has crap point perks and never gives out any samples at the register which is why i prefer to shop online. Boo 

sephoraservice.jpg

My store does that too, so I basically only buy things I know I definitely want with gift cards online.  It is a total pain.

I had this happen a couple years ago and posted on the Customer Service section of BT. The mod PM'd me and got details (store location, day I went) and then dealt with the store. The store manager quickly notified me and arranged for me to get a Sephora gift card (good online) and cancelled the store card. Also sent me a bunch of samples through snail mail. I was happy with how it all turned out but learned that I have to be diligent ever since in ensuring I don't get the store-version of gift card as refund. I'm not sure why some stores are so insistent on giving the store version.

@DiVWA thank you for this info! I might leave a comment in the customer service thread because i'm curious as to whether this is something that is a legit policy, is done on a store-to-store basis or is something that they aren't supposed to be doing without giving the customer a choice

annoying! i recently did a return purchased by gift card and i got a refund on my CC! i'm sure they were just being difficult. good for you for standing your ground and getting what you requested in the end.

Ugh shady.. I have a feeling that store wanted to keep your business with them (in stores) so they made up a random rule 

I reallllllly hate the word "iconic" when it's used to describe absolutely everything. Just got an email from Sephora that mentioned the "...iconic pistachio caramel scent of Bum Bum Cream..."

oh my gosh, i get annoyed with that too! and i hate how people on social media keep using the word 'address' now..like someone should 'address' something, or ' i thought i should address it'.

so many annoying uses for words and phrases, particularly in the business sector. i keep a running list with my brother and laugh over it..i work at a library so I don't tend to hear these but he works in IT so he hears these all the time during meetings and conference calls..

Think outside the box

I may have a window for you

Content is king

Let’s not boil the ocean

Level playing field

Let’s workshop this

Shift the dial

Let’s socialize this

Fail forward

Pick the low-hanging fruit

Teachable moment

Synergize

It is what it is

Get the ball rolling

Ducks in a row

Game changer

Par for the course

On my radar

Elephant in the room

At the end of the day

Circle back

Drill down

Image result for cat wants something meme

@moxiepancakes omg this gif is both hilarious and disturbing ahah..is this what my cat really thinks about? No wonder she loves the catnip

surprises.jpg

We have a bunch of new people at work that like some of these phrases way too much -"Think strategically" is one I hear daily.  

Ducks in a row.jpg

@veronika23 lmao I feel like this accurately describes what goes on inside my head 80% of the time

@EmmyLovelol. Pretty much me all the time 😄

@veronika23 finally something who understands me!!

community.gif

@EmmyLove  🙂 yup that's me 😄

Updug1.gifUpdug3.gif

Omg at "let's not boil the ocean"! These are too great. I don't work in a corporate world so I never hear these concoctions, I'm sure I'd get annoyed if I heard them but I'm laughing so hard imagining real straight faced people saying these phrases! 

Not a phrase, but I hate the word "whilst." I don't know why. But I hate it so much. 

"let's unpack this"

Honestly, "unpack this" must be the phrase of the week. I keep seeing it everywhere and it's killing me. 

hahahah! I hate certain phrases, too! 'First world problem' annoys me to no end.

I mean....a problem is a problem no matter geography. 

testing