Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

"You don't know what you don't know"

"Knowledge is power" 😆

OMG these are too awful!!! thanks for all your contributions guys!!! i will add them to the list!!!

I went to see Jerry Seinfeld last night in Toronto and it was the absolute best. He touched on some of these phrases, the ones that have the same word twice in them, and how they are so stupid. It was hilarious.

Business is business

It is what it is 

What's what

Who's who

What happens happens

Yes, the two word ones! Hilarious! 😄 @Smeegle

Anonymous Insider

@angel7594  That always makes me think of Game of Thrones... "Power is power" lol.

4442c9b8c316d4cbd7178541989ff9c5.jpeg

Cersei slays!  @Anonymous

Anonymous Insider

@Tamara76April can't come quick enough.  I cannot wait to see how Cersie reacts to Daenerys 🙂

@angel7594 I always think of this picture whenever someone mentions "knowledge is power" 😄

watches-one-documentary-on-netflix-tank-sinatra-knowledge-is-power-5836411.png

Knowledge is 'Wikipedia!'

These kids today will NEVER know the joy of having an entire set of Encyclopedia Britannica sitting on their book shelf!  

That was my childhood even if I just enjoyed looking at the pictures! lol!

LOL That is fantastic @prti!! 😄

Where I work, tons of people parrot/copy  any catchphrase that they hear executives use.

The current "catch phrase of the month" is "no kidding."  Everything is the "no kidding last option" or "no kidding right thing to do" or "no kidding best solution,"  etc....   It is super-annoying and I don't think anyone realizes how silly a room of grown adults parroting each other looks.  

A coworker and I have started a bingo game of sorts to tally the use of various catchphrases in meetings... 🙂

Welp. I am guilty of saying about half of the things on this list! 😄

@angel7594 - you probably don't say it 8 million times in a meeting/converstion though. So you're cool 🙂

Hahaha true!! I only annoy my family with it! 😄 😄 @niki172

A window of what exactly? A window of opportunity, a window to throw a pot of pee out of????

And let's not boil the ocean - but what if I want crab legs?? These people are just so inconsiderate I tell you. 

Seriously though if I had your brother's job I'd probably start screaming at people :D.

This is like my hatred for the word "curate". Outside of a museum or library, don't use this word. I especially hate it in regards to food descriptions. 

Oh my gosh - me, too! I forgot how much I detest that word. I love when it's used to describe beauty subscription boxes. As if there's some wizened old man in a dusty room carefully selecting things for each individual box..."and this one shall have... the Porefessional" Ugh.

You must be talking about Ulta's 'dusty room'.........with all the universe's supply of Porefessional.......hahahahahhah! 

Don't forget the stockpile of Smashbox primer foils!  😉   @wheeeee

When you try a skincare sample, it works a small miracle on your face, but then you realize that it's $$$$$ no.jpg

@colormepinkenblu  can I ask which product it was?

9 Replies
testing