Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Hahaha true!! I only annoy my family with it! 😄 😄 @niki172

A window of what exactly? A window of opportunity, a window to throw a pot of pee out of????

And let's not boil the ocean - but what if I want crab legs?? These people are just so inconsiderate I tell you. 

Seriously though if I had your brother's job I'd probably start screaming at people :D.

This is like my hatred for the word "curate". Outside of a museum or library, don't use this word. I especially hate it in regards to food descriptions. 

Oh my gosh - me, too! I forgot how much I detest that word. I love when it's used to describe beauty subscription boxes. As if there's some wizened old man in a dusty room carefully selecting things for each individual box..."and this one shall have... the Porefessional" Ugh.

You must be talking about Ulta's 'dusty room'.........with all the universe's supply of Porefessional.......hahahahahhah! 

Don't forget the stockpile of Smashbox primer foils!  😉   @wheeeee

When you try a skincare sample, it works a small miracle on your face, but then you realize that it's $$$$$ no.jpg

@colormepinkenblu  can I ask which product it was?

@veronika23 it was tatcha indigo soothing triple recovery cream. I got a foil and used it at night and woke up to my face being the softest and smoothest it's been all winter. I have oily and acne prone skin.

@colormepinkenbluoh ok cool! I've fallen in love with more expensive products so I know how it feels. I try to find them at a lower price. So maybe buying during a sale or really high cash back. In some cases I bought from the UK because it was much lower in price.  Do you use cash back sites? If so maybe you can put the money you earn from those sites towards that cream? Just a thought 🙂

@veronika23 thanks for the suggestions! I need to look into UK prices! I use cash back sites but I never think about using the money saved toward something else. I think of it as paying less tax 😛 If there's something I really like that's a bit pricey, I'll wait for GWPs/promos, subscribe to the brand's mailing list in case they offer a good deal, use cash back sites, or buy discounted gift cards. 

@colormepinkenbluyeah the UK prices really depend on the brand. I love Omorovicza and it's so much cheaper to buy in the UK. Plus I get cash back (let me know if you ever need a referral for a UK cash back site).  Oh nice lol! Since all the money I get from cash back sites go into my pp account I just use it to buy stuff I want from the US. Hurts less that way with the horrible exchange rate 😄  Those are some great ideas!!!! I was also thinking earlier... I used to get facials when I was younger and they can be pricey so why am I complaining about the price of the skin care I love if it works. I still try and find a way to save money though because it's more than I used to spend. lol 😄

@veronika23 Thanks for the offer! I think about it as saving in one place to splurge in another as well. I mainly use drugstore shampoo, conditioner and body products so it helps me justify splurging on skincare and makeup. I figure I can regrow hair or buy a wig but I can't regrow or buy a new face 😄

@colormepinkenblu   hahahaha 😄

Fresh creams for me all the time ahah

@patronbleu I actually caved and bought fresh age delay toner because it worked so well for my skin. I waited till the BI gift cards were sent out during the holidays though  😛

Also why I will never try La Mer... I can't afford that price tag

omg yessss!!!!

when some  one does their makeup exactly the same way with no variation - layer (noticeable layer )of matte foundation looking like a wall paint, thick black eye liner (hello raccoon eyes) and jelled to the head hair...

Honey boo-boo sweetey time to change it up- especially if you are planning to be a doctor - I personally would not want to see you...

I am just slightly peeved that my UPS guy thinks it's hilarious to make fun of me for getting several Sephora boxes in the past month. I just had a birthday, dude...yeah, I overdid it. I also got free shipping.

Happy Birthday @LolliLove! Hope you had a great one! 🙂

3 Replies
testing