Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Did someone say birthday?! 000000000.JPGThis calls for a celebration (and my favorite confetti gif!!) @DaintyDiva Heart

Confetti.gif

@ZombieMetroAnt Thank you 🙂 Heart

breakfast at tiffanys.gif

I was going to take advantage of that offer, but only the Fresh lip balm was offered, nothing on the UD. I took advantage of another offer.

Hm the site still says "And" for me (at least on the special offers pages)

@EvangelineDamon Let me send you my Fresh balm (you'd be doing me a favor of giving it a good home).

@ZombieMetroAnt

Wow! You're so very sweet and thoughtful to offer. I would love to help a sister out.Smiley Wink

I was actually planning on giving it to my brother's fiancee who has been super helpful to me and my dad.  I always gather little glosses and balms to give her just because..

I'll shoot you a pm in a bit. Thank you so much. 

@EvangelineDamon This is a legitimate grievance though. The promo marketing needs to be consistent throughout, and if it isn't, they need to honor the one that benefits the customer most. Same goes for prices. If something is priced twice, they have to honor the lower one. It's just basic customer service.  

@alexasteph

You're right. It is a legitimate grievance/concern.

And I received a generic response today. 

I don't mind when they reply from a scripted sentence, however, it bugs the heck out of me when they clearly did not read what I wrote.

Refunded 100 points. 

I'm going to ask them to forward my concern to another department to prevent it from happening, again. 

@EvangelineDamon It is really obnoxious when you contact CS and they respond with something canned. While I can understand why companies would do that (the staffing alone to respond individually to each email would eat up half their budget), if the response really has nothing to do with the initial complaint, they at least need to do a better job of filtering things to the right department, and offer a reply that is relevant. 

Current peeves:

1. no samples or not the samples you thought you were getting (I'm still happy for samples though)

2. when checking out that list of promo codes aren't readily available then (at least in the app - they're under mobile offers

3. that codes like "twolips" can't actually be used twice to get one of each product

All first world complaints though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I forgot to get a fragrance item I acutally need during the point multiplier. First world problems at Sephora...

I don't enjoy when I pull the lid off a pencil product, and the cosmetic part flies out. My Mark Jacobs lip liner just did this, projectiled into a small part of my acrylic organizer. Argh. I shoved it back in the pencil. We'll see how that lasts!

@playingdressup. I feel your pain!   This happened to me the other day with a brand new MJ highliner DS!   I did the same thing you did - pushed it back in, and it seems to be working ok for now....😬

@Tamara76 I hope it sticks for awhile! I guess we'll have to remember to pull the caps off delicately

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but i just noticed not that Rouge is 3 day shipping !! Since when? Ordered a gift on Friday its looking like it wont be here until Friday of this week why Sephora !!! 

For perfumes, there's this. I'm third (Gulf) coast and usually get shipments from the West Coast distribution center, so this really does sometimes take 5-6 days. 😢

IMG_1704.JPG

welcome-to-canada-e1450295806236.jpg

@Insomniacmuffin, I love Canada! There's soooo much good food in the Vancouver and Toronto areas...my mouth waters thinking about it 😂

I'm done with Colourpop. For some reason, this isn't a huge deal but it's turned me off completely.

I ordered some eyeshadows which came with the free palette as a gift for someone, and when I got my order, the 4th shadow was missing.

Rather than fixing their mistake and sending me the missing eyeshadow, Colourpop issued me a $5 credit which expires in May.

So I sent them back an email asking:

"Does this mean I have to pay for the $10 shipping to Canada for the missing shadow?"

and the email I got back was:

"We apologize for any inconvenience. Unfortunately, we are unable to include shipping costs. However, we are able to issue a one time courtesy refund for the value of the product.

Please advise if you would like to receive a one time courtesy refund instead of the discount code."

I think the fact she called it a COURTESY refund is what set me off. It's not a courtesy refund when I wasn't the one who made the mistake. They've left me in a crappy situation where my options are:

1) Take the refund and gift the palette with a pan missing

2) Eat the $10 shipping cost to buy a $5 shadow

3) Buy more than necessary to get free shipping--in my case, I'd need to buy $45 worth of additional products just to get the $5 shadow I only need.

Not happy. If they don't fix this, I'm done with this company.

@k617. Oh no!  That is terrible!  Have they done anything to make this right for you yet?

They did @Tamara76, after the somewhat condescending email of their willingness to send me a "one-time only courtesy replacement", I got the shipment notification for the eye shadow.

This has still left a very bad taste in my mouth, and I will be staying away from buying any more Colourpop products in the near future!

10 Replies
testing