Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

That does suck! @k617 I wouldn't care to order again either.

Even NYX has been better about things like this for me.

My duo chrome highlight came broken but they went out of their way with the options.

They gave me a free shipping code and told me they would re-apply a discount I had used that was one-time use only. They refunded me for the broken ones as well. Way better c/s! Sorry CP is being stingy!

Thank you, @jesscheems, glad there's at least one person here who doesn't think I'm crazy! 😄

I'm usually very understanding. I think as Canadians, we are somewhat used to shipping issues/customs hold ups and shipping fees.

But the fact she called a refund a courtesy just annoys me. She could have easily said "Unfortunately our policy does not include resending international items due to shipping costs" yada yada yada

Or maybe we're just both crazy 😄 😛

Ya I would be annoyed too lol you're not alone 😉

My skin is usually combination, but it changes with the weather. Since it's starting to get hot (80 degrees!!) here in the south, my face is a greasy mess, so I thought I'd dig into my box of mask samples to find something suitable only to find a billion deep hydration masks and three purifying/deep cleaning masks. Come on, beauty companies, send me mask samples I'll actually use and fall in love with before I shell out $40+ for a full size tub!

P.S. Anyone have mask recommendations? I don't have acne. I'm just temporarily greasy. 

@txcatx I get occasionally oily as well, I wouldn't say I turn in to a greasy mess though haha. I think it's more due to my skin trying to overcompensate for being dehydrated though. When you're feeling oilier than normal, maybe try drinking more water, if you don't drink a ton of water already. 

As for masks, I really like the Josie Maran Whipped Mud Masks to balance my skin. I use it a few times a week, and my skin looks and feels it's best on the days I do. I use Lavender Citrus only because it's my favorite scent, but Cucumber Aloe might be a better option for you if you're really trying to combat oil. The Unscented could work too. Do you have tea tree oil? A couple drops added to the mask can help too. 

I do have tea tree oil; thanks! I always forget about that. And I'll look into Josie Maran masks.

I really think it's seasonal because every year, this happens for a couple of weeks when the weather changes in the spring (which happens around February). The opposite happens and my skin gets really dry for a couple of weeks when the weather changes in November. 

Pretty sure it's not dehydration because I drink, like, four Brita pitchers worth of water every day!

@txcatx Let me know how the tea tree oil works for you! 

When you get a sample of something and fall in love, only to find out the full size will cost you your first born and a kidney or two.

@Asche   what's the product? 😉

@veronika23 The product that prompted this post was the Omorovicza thermal cleansing balm, but I've felt this way about a lot of the skincare samples I've gotten.

@Asche  I love that product!  You know I was wondering how I would get that too and bought it as part of a set before Christmas from Bath & Unwind (I think) or Cult. I had 20% off and used a cashback site in the UK. The set came down to maybe around 70 CAD? That number might be off but it was soo much better than buying here even with the Sephora 20% in Nov. Anyways you can check and compare now for just that product how much lower the price is. I can also link you that cash back site if you want it. They Paypal the money.

I wasn't very impressed with Bath & Unwind CS's though. I ended up paying duties on one of the packages because the person who filled out the customs form put a higher amount than what I paid. They ended up refunding it but it took forever to get them to reply. Plus their packages took forever to get here. Had better luck with Cult Beauty.

Thanks for the tips V! 🙂 I will have to think about it. I think I'm just truly shocked 3.5oz of a cleanser could be $220. 😐 I like it, but I have cleansers that do a fantastic job and are a fraction of the cost. Plus I'm supposed to be on a low-buy (not that it's been going all that well), hahaha. 

Always one of these situations:

When a good promo code pops up, there's nothing on my to buy list and I need to buy something random but not necessary to get the good promo.

When there's a bunch of things I actually need and no good promo to be found. 

Can't win! 

When I'm watching a makeup tutorial and they praise a primer even though they're using 3 different primers... How do you know? Eh? How do you know tho? Come on.

True!  How DO they know?  Lol!  @Blackwhiskey

My biggest beauty pet peeve ever:  stabbing my Mascara wand into my eye and thus ruining the BRAND NEW contact lense I just put in.  Darn it!!

I always end up getting eyeliner on my contact lense. Of course I have to take the contact out, clean it, and put it back in without ruining the makeup I've already applied.

@sarahshter this is the worst! I do this sometimes if I get distracted or get an eye twitch while applying. 

Ouch!

Sorta beauty related but sorta not.  I went to move a candle last Sunday and didn't first think "this candle is in a glass jar, and has been burning at the bottom for hours, therefore making the glass piping hot"... Well.  I grabbed it and it took a couple seconds for my fingers to yell in pain.

Fast forward to today (well, yesterday too)- I have a big, ugly, white, nasty blister which looks like a huge wart.  I can't pop it as it needs to heal but ew goodness it looks so so gross.

I've done that a few times but never bad enough that I got really bad blisters.  It would be so hard to resist popping those blisters, too!

testing