Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I feel confident that this has already been vented about before, but it's really annoying me today so I feel the need to vent.

I wish Ulta offered free shipping for Platinum OR atleast a lower minimum dollar amount than 50.00 for Platinum. I could even understand 25.00 or 35.00 being the amount that you have to have for free shipping for Platinum members.

I know shipping isn't that much.....but it's against my religion to pay for shipping.  Lol.  I feel that's money I could use towards something I want instead of just 'nothing.'

I tend to spend more money at Ulta than Sephora because I like their rewards program way better (getting to save money on things I actually want) but I think Sephora has a better deal as far as their shipping goes.  Blah. 😞

thats why i haven't placed my nyx order yet, looking for the 20 percent discount to pop up so that my brain can accept the shipping cost.

LOL this is honestly why I shop there like twice a year. Sephora take all of my money!

I agree with you 100%. I actually shop at Sephora more because of their free shipping, even though I like Ulta's reward program is better and they have better GWPs. My online shopping at Ulta is limited to their 20% off promos or if they've put free shipping on a particular item I've been wanting to buy. They do this occasionally, like during 21 Days of Beauty, or when a new foundation comes out or something. If Ulta had free shipping, I'd definitely shop there more than Sephora. It's a silly reason to choose one company over the other, but when things get really competitive, especially in the beauty world when things so rarely go on sale, the $3-$7 extra on shipping can make or break a purchase. 

@alexasteph

sighhhhh, the shipping struggle is so real.

I agree completely, the rewards program & GWPs at Ulta keep me coming back for more.  I don't really usually mind the whole 50.00 shipping thing, but sometimes I want to use my coupons (like this 5.00 one off 10.00 we just got) but I don't really need to spend 50.00 on anything at the moment.

No, I totally feel you, that little bit can make a huge difference, I agree.

I also feel Sephora's bday gifts are way better than Ulta's, but that's another thing. 

Honestly, this is like my only pet peeve about Ulta! I definitely love their rewards program and I love ordering online, but I absolutely hate paying for shipping. So then I end up just trying to hoard items I want until there's enough to hit the minimum. but honestly, if they had free shipping I would order more often lol.

@Kay522

I agree completely.  I love their rewards program and I love ordering online.  I just hate the 50.00 shipping thing.  I agree, normally it doesn't bother me too much, because there's always stuff I want / need, lol.  Then I have days like today, where it's frustrating, because I don't need 50.00 of stuff.

but I will NOT pay for shipping, lol.

My only other beef is that their birthdays gifts aren't nearly as exciting as Sephora's.  Other than that, I tend to prefer Ulta.

🙂

"It's against my religion to pay for shipping"

I feel this on a deeply emotional level. 😄

We don't have Ulta in Canada, so I'm a total noob when it comes to them, but I'm really surprised by this! Especially when I see so many American companies willing to ship free within the US. :S

I couldn't agree more, @CaityLaine!  That quote is the best I've seen this year @Asche!  😂

Hahaha, I am just so strongly against it! Lol.  Glad to know I'm not alone. 🙂

Yeah, most places will.  I just think Ulta should atleast offer something different for Platinum members, but oh well.  😞

I don't use this brand but figured if someone have both, they may have a reason to be "peeved"

0.JPG

1.JPG

Spoiler
Following a few recent controversies, including accusations of copyright infringement and off-putting lipstick scents, now Kylie Jenner is accused of repackaging old lip kit hues and re-selling them as new shades. Well, one shade of her matte lipstick in particular—Blitzen, from her holiday collection. The accusation is that Blitzen is exactly the same as a shade as Spice, which is a color in the main assortment.

The possible rebranding of Spice as Blitzen rubs fans the wrong way, not only because it feels deceptive to them, but also because there’s a price differential between the two raspberry plum shades. Spice, which is sold as a lipstick and lip liner duo, retails for $29, while Blitzen, which was sold as a 4-piece matte lipstick kit during the holidays, retailed for $45. While we see the $16 markup as fair considering the holiday kit included twice as much product, Kylie Cosmetics fans are still irked. To many of them, if you say “limited-edition”—and charge more money as a result of that rarity—you’d better be releasing something that isn’t already sitting in their medicine cabinets.

0.JPG
1.JPG
2.JPG

tumblr_inline_n24dmnDKdb1rl9l7l.gif

ughhhhh she is the worst, period. i am not surprised by this at all, and i have a feeling her CS will just ignore all these comments, and try to sweep it under the rug 😞

i have no idea how her company continues to be so successful based on her name alone, because i've heard so many horror stories about how terrrrrrible their customer service is 😕

Like us beauty lovers wouldn't have noticed...SMH. 🙄

Well I am not very surprised by this. Ugh. Can't she just go away now. Thank you.

Right? There is literally *nothing* this family could do that would surprise me.

@ZombieMetroAnt Thanks for sharing!   So not cool!  I think my daughter has Blitzen, but I don't think she has Spice. I just ordered her some of the Valentine products last week....  ugh....

ETA:  My daughter doesn't seem too disturbed by this allegation...But I may hold off on  buying any more lip kits...

Whenever there's a product but not a full ingredient list! I want to make sure my sensitive skin can handle it and I literally have to go to the ends of the internet just to find it! 

This is a peeve of mine also. I have a couple of ingredients that I'm allergic to, and I can't buy something without checking first! 

It's chemical sunscreens that I'm allergic to.  I hate when I can't check the ingredients!  😞

Companies that either don't offer email subscriptions to let you know when a product is back in stock, or they offer the service, but don't actually follow through. It pisses me off because I don't have time to check twice a day to see if it's back in stock. That's why I want the "email me when back in stock" option. Grrr.

Amazon costumers that don't understand the concept of "product review" vs "seller feedback". They'll give one star to a seller because they did not like the product itself (how is that the seller's fault?), OR they'll give one star for a product because one of the 20 possible sellers in that page sent them a bad product, but they don't even name the bad seller 😕

testing