Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@sonnydee  I would just die if I had to deal with that kind of drama.  I totally feel for you.  That would be so frustrating.

I feel like such a Scrooge saying this, but December really is just this hyped up season of sadistic consumeristic ritual we subject ourselves to yearly under the delusional belief that it's going to be a good time.  

Thanks @ghrelin i could probably start my own thread about the nightmares of my in laws but then no one would want to get married! 🙂

@sonnydee   I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have had  inlaw issues.  In some ways, I'm always just a tiny bit jealous of people who have wonderful relationships with their inlaws, but then it goes away quickly as I realize that while I may not have a wonderful relationship with my inlaws, at least it isn't worst than it already is!

Good luck with your inlaws!  😄

Maybe they got an excellent deal on the card, or were gifted it and didn't have anything else to give. Other possibilities: they couldn't find anything they felt was nice enough on the budget, they felt like they owed you, or they intend to be taken along to the restaurant 😉

I bought random gifts for a friend in October because I actually do feel like I owe her, although mainly because I wanted to, and because I didn't think she would be able to do Christmas gifts with ease. You can always even things up for yourself by giving random out-of-the-blue gifts

@Insomniacmuffin That is tough!  I've had situations where friends/family agreed not to exchange gifts and then they showed up with gifts anyway - so awkward! 😣

Beauty Pet Peeve: Myself

Why do I wait around to pull the trigger on an item obviously on its way out the door?

Dang me and dang Sephora for playing with my emotions

fri.gif

**I'm not 100% sure where to post this so it is posted here & in the Random Thoughts thread:

If you recently purchased from MUJI please double check the security of your credit/debit cards.  

I made a purchase a few days ago when another BTer first notified us that they were having a sale on some of the acrylic drawers.  While out this evening my card was denied.  I had to call my bank to verify recent purchases & they notified me that I recently purchased from a compromised merchant.  By process of elimination, and seeing a post a couple days ago from a different BTer that a MUJI purchase led to fraudulent charges on her card, I believe this resulted from purchasing through the MUJI website.

Although my bank account is setup to notify me of things like this immediately, it wasn't until I tried to shop in a physical store that this was brought to my attention so please check. I hope this helps someone!

Was this Bank of America????  BOA is notorious for doing this.  They basically send me a new card like 3 times a year because of something like this.  They just shut down my card without notice.  This is their credit card, btw.

LOL, yes @wheeeee!  I had them send me a new card during the Target fiasco but my old card was active until a certain date and/or I activated the new one.

Bummer!  I didn't participate in this, but thank you for warning everyone that might have.

I'm so sorry this happened to you!  Glad your bank was careful, but I hate having my card declined!  😞

ugh I know @Milou07.  It's the WORST feeling and just my luck I didn't have any other cards or my checks with me.  Fortunately a friend was with me and just paid for it; I would've felt even worse if I'd had to put everything back (oh the judgment) 🙈 

Thank goodness it wasn't as you were trying to pay for dinner or a night of drinks! I can't even imagine if it was something you couldn't even put back had your friend not been there. Thanks for the heads up.

RIGHT!  That would've been 10x worse (aka 10x more mortifying) @snoflakefaerie

I am really bummed that Wayne Goss brushes are only carried by Beautylish.  I had the face set as the only gift on my Valentine's list, and today I saw it went out of stock 😞

When you're thinking about buying a fragrance then remind yourself that Sephora should have a point multiplier soon so you put off buying said fragrance and now can't remember what you wanted in the first place :S #gettingold LOL.

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

------------

This every other time I try to load the basket, account or reward pages. Am I the only one getting it? 

That happens to me a lot when rewards are just released and presumably a lot of people are trying to check out. I've gotten around it sometimes by adding something to my basket and then clicking on the checkout link that pops up then instead of the basket/checkout link at the top of the page. It's irritating, though. 

@somegirl123 Try clearing your cookies; it might help. 

Spending tons of money and surpassing the VIB Rouge spending requirement only to have 5 VIB Rouge exclusives that most have been on Sephora.com for 2 years.  Secondly, having VIB status included in on the VIB Rouge early access or also on the weekly specials.  What's the point in being a VIB Rouge when others who spend less get the same alleged benefits that Sephora tries to promote to get you to spend more money!  Finally, only being able to use Sephora points for sample size  products that you can get for free at Nordstrom or other high end department stores!

A person can only spend $999.99 and still be VIB!!!!

Why do people forget this???  Lol!!!

My Sephora order from January 22nd just shipped out today.  That's some slow turnaround for one Bite Agave mask!

1 Reply
testing