Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Beauty Pet Peeve: Myself

Why do I wait around to pull the trigger on an item obviously on its way out the door?

Dang me and dang Sephora for playing with my emotions

fri.gif

I am really bummed that Wayne Goss brushes are only carried by Beautylish.  I had the face set as the only gift on my Valentine's list, and today I saw it went out of stock Smiley Sad

When you're thinking about buying a fragrance then remind yourself that Sephora should have a point multiplier soon so you put off buying said fragrance and now can't remember what you wanted in the first place Smiley Frustrated #gettingold LOL.

My Sephora order from January 22nd just shipped out today.  That's some slow turnaround for one Bite Agave mask!

I have another pet peeve....I stop in my local rite aid and checkout the display and see the new wet and wild foundation stuff. Since I didn't read up on it, I pick up a powder that claims to set makeup and not cause flashback. Reading some more it says it works for all skin tones. Yay!...until i get home and swatch it and realize I bought a powder that comes in various shades. My rite aid only had one color -_- which lead me to believe it was a one size fits all powder not something that has at least 5 other shades!!!! I am now the owner of a warm beige setting powder....:sigh:

50-60 mph winds. 

I had my hair straightened, now it's just a wild mess. 

When you finally get around to depotting eyeshadows to realize that one of the shadows will not stick to your Z palette and you gouged said shadow and now there is micro glitter everywhere!!!!! Oh and I also put a gash in a Nars blush. Officially done for the evening Smiley Frustrated

Purchasing something you don't need and it's an exact duplicate for something you already own 🙃

So Ulta has these skincare samplers on sale for $15, great deal but the packaging is so excessively large and unnecessary it makes me sad. It's like double the size it needs to be. Will keep them to reuse for gifts or whatever comes up.

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 3.10.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-15 at 3.10.12 PM.png

I'm having a run of bad luck with beauty purchases.  First there was the YMMV indie eye shadows that looked nothing like the website, then I treated myself to the ND 28 palette because it's my birthmonth and I wanted to make up for the crappy etsy purchase - and it arrived damaged.

On top of all that, I also treated myself to some Rae Morris brushes (the ones that stand on their own on a magnetic plate) and the magnets in one of the brushes doesn't work.

I think the cosmos is pointing me towards a no buy. Le sigh.

I bought a new shirt today and I was too excited that I accidentally made a small hole in the shirt. Smiley Sad I pulled my shirt out too quickly and I guess the metal part of my drawer caught on the shirt... grrrr

i swear the foil seals they put on some products are impossible to get off! like when you're in the shower, and you're trying to get a shampoo/face was/etc. open with wet hands, and it's just way too difficult. ugh!

Well I get to be the annoying customer tomorrow. I bought a pair of shoes at DSW on Sunday, just got a $10 off coupon today. Luckily I was going to the mall anyhow, but now I get to lug them in, return, and then rebuy for the cheaper price tomorrow. Hopefully they won't hate me, but it would have been nice to know this was coming up to save the hassle.

When people over draw their eyebrows, like it's out of proportion on their faces. :/

Not sure where to put this, but I'm having serious deja vu or I saw the future earlier today in another thread...

And now, Debbie Reynolds... let's all sleep til Sunday.

I found a new pet peeve this afternoon: stores that do not price match their website prices.

Most of the BECCA items I wanted in the Sale section went OOS pretty quickly, but I noticed my local Sephora had them in stock and made a trip to stock up. They weren't on sale there - and when asked if they'd honor their online price, the SA refused to do so stating it was against company policy. Smiley Sad

All these llama pictures make me want to find a local farm and spend the day with them. Such personality!

Morphe shipping is a stab in the heart for me😭

Online Christmas shopping has destroyed my soul.

I posted about this before, but seriously, I can't get a break. 

aa519e7b35e16ee925e69d619cce9e45.jpg 

Today's pet peeve: my hair. 

I'm having Christmas dinner with my family tonight and decided to try to add some waves to my naturally straight hair. I wish I hadn't bothered. Some ends curled beautifully, others will not budge. So my hair is a mixture of straight chunks and curls. -__- Oh well, all those curls will be gone in 10 mins anyway. Now I remember why I don't bother curling it.