Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@StephaniLynn

So sorry to hear about this.

Was this from your car accident a few months (?) ago?

Try not to stress yourself out too much as its a whole week until the discograph. Let these days leading up to it be days of peace and makeup videos. Smiley Wink

It may be painful but it sounds as if you're in pain anyways. You'll get through it and hopefully will feel better than ever once its done.

Good luck, Steph..

@EvangelineDamon Yes still from the wreck from 1.5 year and a half ago, still working on my back:(

It does make me feel better that I will be sedated instead of being wide awake for everything. 

Hehe a week of laying around and binge watching my favorite gurus and Netflix shows sounds perfect. 

Ow. Feel better soon! Hope your appointment goes well,  will the discograph diagnose the problem so you can address the affected area? @StephaniLynn

@Haleyhale It's supposed to pin point exactly which disks are the problem. They're supposed to go from disk to disk injecting "pain inducing solution" to trigger the problematic disks. *shudders* 

That sound brutal, ugh, definitely need to cheer yourself up with a little or a BIG treat to yourself haul. 😉

When you've spent agesss thoroughly washing your makeup brushes and then have to use them hours later.upload_9165817156504849689.jpg

You can use yours that quickly? I find mine take ages to dry !

I just spent over an hour trying to send a wonderful BTer a pm thanking her but I kept getting the "you used a bad word" error. I checked every word I could think of and the message would not go away. It would be nice if the error would tell you what word it is reading as a "bad word" so I could've sent my original message!

The direct messaging won't let you use competitor names like Ulta, Macy's, Nordstrom, etc. Were you naming a store?

@snoflakefaerie, That is the first thing I tried removing and it still kept giving me the error. But thank you for the info.

@NancieNano Hmm that's strange. I'm using an iPad right now and at the bottom of the message field it says: "You used a bad word: Ulta. Please clean up the language and try again."

If there's more than one bad word, it just recognizes the first one, but keeps giving the error until they are all removed. 

Do you mind if I ask what platform you are using?

Visited a JCP sephora hoping to find the new nudeish lip set, alas it was not in yet. SA tries steer me towards the Too Faced melted stuff

Me "no thanks it bleeds on me I'm not a fan" 

SA"have you tried a good lip primer?"

Me "I general avoid formulas that require one as there are so many quality formulations that work just fine"

SA "But have you tried lip primer with it?"

Me "yes and I have several good liners" 

SA "but primer?"

*Glare*

Why do I want to add an extra step to make under preforming products work as well as the formulas that work for me?  The colors are not life changing?  I'm all for lip care, but seriously people I don't need or want lip primer in my life. I'd rather just buy a lipstick that does what it's supposed to do. 

@moxiepancakes the evolution of that conversation is priceless, i could totally picture it in my head.grumpy2.jpg

@EmmyLove sadly this is not the first time I've had this conversation and probably not the last. 

I'm all for primers of all sorts, but lip primers always seem like something of a waste unless I know I'm not going to be eating for awhile. I don't want to lug a primer around in addition to the lip product, and the likelihood is I'm going to need reapply rather soon. 

so i dont know how  in thhe 20 minutes my cousin was here she was able to turn my mom against me. so not only do i have to deal with my cousin but my mom siding with her now even though my cousin started ripping me open the other day. that's nice. now i'm going to have to start taking double my dosage (doctor approved) to keep my depression and anxiety down. Just what i needed. i'm doing the heavy lifting , literally cause my grandma can't get up on her own anymore, my back is getting worse by the day , i have no help other than my mom to help me lift. i just want to break everything in my room, i'm so frustrated.

Okay guys. First the good news and the bad that happened before second.

Good news. She is gone and i hope she doesnt miss the bus! Or else itll be bad news again lol. Im happy she is gone.

Bad news.

So inwas in my room catching some zzs after a shower when inheard my cousin anna tell my mom she wanted to go to the store and needed the keys. She has no license just an id, shes 40 some and she owes over 500 here in my area , she got arrested 2 yrs ago for a short time, apeeding i think without license. Anyway. My mom asked to see her license that she claims she has and anna lost her temper, like always and made a commotion slammed the door outta the house. I told my mom "see? Shes thr one with the problrm, not me, ive been ignoring her and getting outta her hair and shes the one being disrespectful to you" mom agreed. We had company all the way to 8 30 when my aunt twice removed left. She was asleep which is nbd but then she was helping us out with grandma just by keeping her company because we had already done the heavy lifting. Anyway we were taking grandma to bed and she had the wheelchair and i made a comment about if she was gonna sleep with grandma she siad thats ehy i came. Lol. So i bent down to k8nda lift the chair from the front cause it seemed like she was going to get toppled over . And what happened?

She kinda does that push and put arms in the air and just walks away super pissed. Just like that. She grabs thr popcorn she was making, turns on the tv and does not help us pucking up grandma nor getting her changed for bed. Nothing she just sits ther watching tv. So after were done with grandma i go to ny room and play some yames. At 10 i come to my mom, shes still watching tv, i tell my mom to go sleep in my bed so she can catch some rest. She agrees. When im here i reaet the cable box through my phone.i went to go fix m6 bed for my mom and i pass her and shes saying aggressie psycho. Idk if referring to me or what i had told her days ago. And i hear slammong like loud stuff going on. Thrn she tells my mom to take her to the bus central. So thats where theyre headed now. Pretty sure shes moanining the whole way about me to put it politely. I mean seriously. She claims she came down here for grandma , she left as soon as her fboy came, she comes and watches tv til late at night and we lose our much needed sleep. 

A little insight to her bg before she came down,  she sleeps all day at her house. All day. All day every day thats what shes doing. She does drugs, screams and hits her mom. Thats her. Thats her in a nutshell. And she wants to come down here and eventually her true colors show and wants to treat us the same way. Heh. I used to like her. I feel sorry for her that she doesnt admit she has a problem and gets thr help she needs. 

Stay strong, girl!  I am sure your Grandma appreciates what you do for her, even though it is hard for you.  So sorry you have to deal,with this!  Hugs to you!  🐱🐱🐱

Big hugs and lots of love. I'm so sorry. 

Sending you a big hug from across the internet, @Blackwhiskey. I'm sorry you're having to deal with such difficult things.

I have another pet peeve....I stop in my local rite aid and checkout the display and see the new wet and wild foundation stuff. Since I didn't read up on it, I pick up a powder that claims to set makeup and not cause flashback. Reading some more it says it works for all skin tones. Yay!...until i get home and swatch it and realize I bought a powder that comes in various shades. My rite aid only had one color -_- which lead me to believe it was a one size fits all powder not something that has at least 5 other shades!!!! I am now the owner of a warm beige setting powder....:sigh:

1 Reply
testing