Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Oh wow that's insane. Nordstrom CS is quite amazing, so I'm sure they'll sort it out for you without any problem, but man.. I'm so sorry to see this mess! 😞

That is so disgusting the stockings were used and mismatched! I am sorry this happened to you. 😞

@angel7594 Thank you. You are right, the word is disgusting! I was just totally shocked when I saw it. 😞

It wasn't even supposed to be stockings, just plain tights. I think someone just grabbed those nylons they keep out (so people can feel the fabric / color) and stuck inside when they stole the real ones.

@DaintyDiva, It is appalling the theft schemes people come up with to cheat businesses, and unsuspecting customers who don't get what they have paid for (in the package). I've had really good experiences with Nordstrom customer service, so I hope this is made right for you.

@angel7594 and @NarNarNars The CS lady was very nice. Not sure she understood the part of the used stockings (I imagine it sounds weird), but she got that the tights never arrived really, so she said she would re-send them. I hope this one goes smoothly, I'm too anxious to deal with this... 

@DaintyDiva Good that you are receiving the right pair. Hopefully the new shipment solves the problem for you once and for all. If necessary, you could voice your concern on their FB page-- perhaps posting a picture? Not sure if you are willing to do this now that you are receiving a new one, but if you want them to be really aware of this issue, it's an option. 🙂 

@NarNarNars I feel sorry for them, really. I imagine they too are a victim of this, so I wouldn't feel well vexing them publicly. But it's good to know of their FB page, I hope I'll never need it but it's always good to know. Thanks 🙂

I ordered a KVD nail polish / mini lipstick set I saw online last week. There were 'only a few' left so I felt super lucky when the order went through. Well today the packaged arrived and the lipsticks in the set are swatched / used...I AM SO DISAPPOINTED :'( I really wanted to try some of these shades but alas...

On another note, how does Sephora even ship out used items? Where was quality control that day? *irked*

Oh so sorry that happened to you. I returned something in store and the SA asked if it was used. I said no (which was true) and she said we just have to know before we put it back out to sell.

Things that make you go hmmmmm....

The best part about this is that if you complain to CS, they will tell you that's impossible because Sephora doesn't re-sell used items.... 😛

You can still return it though.

Could have been a warehouse employee out to lunch and getting into the inventory. I've seen a lot of mistakes coming out of the warehouse that ships to me (Baltimore)

Well, I did end up returning the set and the employee was really apologetic about it...I even got some samples for my 'trouble'. Internally I was shocked because you don't even get samples for regular store purchases anymore lol

Oh yuck. Sorry to hear this.

@sp1771 That's not cool at all!

1485313641052.jpeg

Ugh!  That is just nasty!  :(.  So sorry that happened to you.  🤢

When I go in to Sephora and I don't need any help, I can't turn a corner without tripping over an SA offering it. But when I'm genuinely lost and need it, no one asks. And I'm so socially anxious, I will stare at the shelves like an idiot for a solid half hour before I can force myself to speak up. Most recently, two days ago.

@RoadRageBarbie oof i feel you on this one! And even if their answer is obviously wrong, i still thank them like my life depends on it and leave them alone to hit up Google. Lol!

I have actually purchased something they recommended for me that I knew was not what I wanted, only to return it after regaining my senses at home. What is wrong with me?

Not beauty related, just a general pet peeve: I hate how competitive and nasty people can be. I know the job market is extremely competitive these days, but that doesn't mean everyone in this world is an automatic threat to your success. -__-

Spoiler
I met a new co-worker who was friendly until she found out we were applying to the same university program. Apparently now I am competition that must be sized up and judged. >.<

@Asche. That is the worst!  I have worked for an awesome company for many years and I used to work in sales, where it could be very competitive, but nothing compares to a coworker who got hired about a year ago who has decided to make it her life's mission to compete with me.  I pretty much ignore her and take the high road, but it is still annoying af to be called out on every email or comment I make in meetings.  Luckily most people can see right through her, but I totally know how you feel.  😞

Good luck with your university program!  Rise above it, girl!  🙂

@Tamara76 I'm sorry to hear you've gone through the same type of thing! It's just such unnecessary BS. 

Spoiler
This co-worker sat down beside me after finding out we were applying to the same program, so I was optimistic and thought we'd get along and have lots to chat about. Instead it was more like a grilling, like she was testing my knowledge in order to size up her competition, and then she'd make negative remarks about whatever I said. I was waiting for her to just tell me she didn't think I was cut out for that program/career path and should quit now. She settled for suggesting I apply to a different school! Because yes, I'm going to suddenly drop out of the application process because a stranger told me to. 😛 

Thanks for the luck! I won't know whether or not I get accepted until mid-April. Fingers crossed! 😄

3 Replies
testing