Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@sp1771 That's not cool at all!

1485313641052.jpeg

Ugh!  That is just nasty!  :(.  So sorry that happened to you.  🤢

When I go in to Sephora and I don't need any help, I can't turn a corner without tripping over an SA offering it. But when I'm genuinely lost and need it, no one asks. And I'm so socially anxious, I will stare at the shelves like an idiot for a solid half hour before I can force myself to speak up. Most recently, two days ago.

@RoadRageBarbie oof i feel you on this one! And even if their answer is obviously wrong, i still thank them like my life depends on it and leave them alone to hit up Google. Lol!

I have actually purchased something they recommended for me that I knew was not what I wanted, only to return it after regaining my senses at home. What is wrong with me?

Not beauty related, just a general pet peeve: I hate how competitive and nasty people can be. I know the job market is extremely competitive these days, but that doesn't mean everyone in this world is an automatic threat to your success. -__-

Spoiler
I met a new co-worker who was friendly until she found out we were applying to the same university program. Apparently now I am competition that must be sized up and judged. >.<

@Asche. That is the worst!  I have worked for an awesome company for many years and I used to work in sales, where it could be very competitive, but nothing compares to a coworker who got hired about a year ago who has decided to make it her life's mission to compete with me.  I pretty much ignore her and take the high road, but it is still annoying af to be called out on every email or comment I make in meetings.  Luckily most people can see right through her, but I totally know how you feel.  😞

Good luck with your university program!  Rise above it, girl!  🙂

@Tamara76 I'm sorry to hear you've gone through the same type of thing! It's just such unnecessary BS. 

Spoiler
This co-worker sat down beside me after finding out we were applying to the same program, so I was optimistic and thought we'd get along and have lots to chat about. Instead it was more like a grilling, like she was testing my knowledge in order to size up her competition, and then she'd make negative remarks about whatever I said. I was waiting for her to just tell me she didn't think I was cut out for that program/career path and should quit now. She settled for suggesting I apply to a different school! Because yes, I'm going to suddenly drop out of the application process because a stranger told me to. 😛 

Thanks for the luck! I won't know whether or not I get accepted until mid-April. Fingers crossed! 😄

For what it's worth, you must be doing something right for her to be so competitive with you.  My guess is that you probably intimidate the h*ll out of her.  @Asche

IMG_0097.JPG

You are so sweet @Tamara76! 🙂 I hadn't thought of it that way.

I still wish she could have just been friendly, but I'm okay with being intimidating. 😉

upload_184390115578752697.jpg

50-60 mph winds. 

I had my hair straightened, now it's just a wild mess. 

Being a guy and in the closet, I need to be able to clean all traces of makeup off. What I can't stand is trying on makeup in the store and being able to wipe off easily then buy it, taking it home then later trying it on and having a big problem getting it off without a lot of work.

I use lipstick most of the time, more than anything else, and hate to not being able to try new liquid ones.

Anyone have suggestions as to what I can do?

@Girly2Shoes I second using a cleansing oil. That'll break down makeup easily and quickly.

Boscia's cleansing oil is good: http://www.sephora.com/makeup-breakup-cool-cleansing-oil-P254604?skuId=1227891&icid2=products%20grid...

And since you mentioned you don't get to Sephora often, Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm is a great option that can be found at any department store with a Clinique counter. I like that this one is solid and good for travel:

http://www.sephora.com/take-the-day-off-cleansing-balm-P126301?skuId=886267&icid2=products%20grid:p1...

I know some people use coconut oil as well, so if you don't want to buy a new beauty product, that might be a good option.

Hope that helps!

Thanks all you ladies for the info. Don't get to my Sephora very often anymore, any tips on a lower priced liquid lipstick line to try?

@Girly2Shoes  I've had good luck with NYX nude liquid lipsticks. They are available at ULTA and even in my grocery store!

eta:  I make a sugar lip scrub by adding some granular sugar to some Vaseline, scrubbing it around my lips with a soft toothbrush and then washing it off with any face wash. Removes all traces of liquid lipstick, doesn't require a trip to the beauty store and is really cheap!

I second this. A girlfriend gave me a NYX velvet? liquid lipstick in bright red that she got in her ipsy bag. And I was impressed by the quality. They do transfer a little bit, but not horribly. And I don't notice much staining. I remove by scrubbing with green tea and aloe baby wipes, then follow up with chapstick.

Jordana. Milani. And wet n wild catsuit line.

@Girly2Shoes If you can order online I recommend ColourPop. 

If you're looking in store, the Jordana ones are good too. 

I second Colourpop. 

@Girly2Shoes When you are home and removing your makeup do you double cleanse? I've found that using a cleansing oil first really loosens up the makeup and makes it easier to remove during the second cleanse.

I second @Tamara76 on the Pacifica face wipes for when you're out and about. Josie Maran's face wipes are also good and very gentle. I'm not sure how accessible Milani cosmetics is for you, but they have an oil lip treatment and a new lipstick remover that sounds promising. Milani used to be in most CVS stores, but lately I can't find it locally and have to buy online.

NYX also has a lipstick remover that's available at Ulta, and possibly other drugstores as well depending on their selection. I got it to replace my HG Sephora oil-in-gel one (RIP :(), and it doesn't work quite as well as that but it's good enough.

testing