Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

So The Bay... I should stop there but this is just too nuts...

So remember a while back they had the gwp with the document holder but all we got was a doc holder and no samples. Well decided to call about not getting the samples and the guy at the other end had no clue what I was talking about but said they would ship the gift. huh ok... thinking what will they ship they're out of gwp.. plus he doesn't seem to understand the problem. Anyways whatever...  So decided to send an email too and never heard anything back. A while later I get a shipping notification for the gwp with a charge of 0.05$. Then get an email saying that it was cancelled. Like a week + later a huge envelop arrives. In it was a gift card.... can you guess how much the gift card was????

Spoiler
0.05$  The Bay: most idiotic company I know.

I am not sure of Canadian laws but it is a big no no here in the US to have your card charged without your consent. Hopefully your samples come soon since others are getting theirs. Good luck!

@veronika23 I am so sorry to hear that. I wonder if you can call your bank to resolve the problem. I mean the GWP was part of your purchase. 

@Babypeachistwell I'll contact the bay again later... It seems some people are getting the actual samples now. It was posted in the Canadian peeps thread.

Good luck! The bay really should pull itself together. Gotta be the most ridiculous campany I ever seen.

😄 That's hilarious! I'd be way pissed, but hilarious. Send it back to them in a giant envelope filled with glitter! @veronika23

You must be joking!! That is ridiculous!! Sorry 😞

@veronika23 I'm so sorry that you went through this but I gotta admit I laughed a little. ...okay I actually LOL'ed. That's beyond pathetic. Hope they get their ish together!

@NarNarNars  It's ok.  You have to laugh at this... I mean come on... Who does that! This is a huge Canadian company that should know better. It's kinda like a Macy's I think.

V, the Bay is technically not Canadian as it's American owned now!

But this is still absolutely ridiculous!

@veronika23 I figured! tsk tsk tsk. What a joke. I second @TriesToBoClassy's recommendation below-- let the world know. 😉

@k617  oh yeah... forgot about that. 😞

@NarNarNars  yeah they don't allow comments on FB... Like you can't post to their wall and their FB team is just as useless.

@veronika23 what?? That's almost laughable.

I actually tried to contact Bay CS about the document holder without samples, too! 

Spoiler
My dilemma was slightly different, as I had first contacted them about the inaccurate advertising for the GWP. I phoned and didn't get anywhere with it. She just told me to send an email. 

So I messaged The Bay on FB, explaining that phoning didn't help and I was told to email. Long story short: I eventually received an email from an actual person who works for The Bay, not just a generic CS email. She said it was a warehouse error. 

Now, I ALSO had an issue where an order arrived without one of the items I had ordered (a $13 eyeshadow). I ended up with a GC for more than that, so I just decided to give up and ignore The Bay online. It's such a mess. 

I just stick to my local store now, since I love my counter SAs there.

@lachaton  it's a real joke. How can a company function like that.  Sorry about the mess you had to deal with. Glad your gc was for more than the missing shadow!

@veronika23 Yep, the missing shadow was supposed to be a gift, but fortunately it all worked out. I just picked it up from MAC instead. 

I had really great CS with Chapters/Indigo and Amazon over the holidays, which really highlighted how much of a mess The Bay is. Just awful. 

@lachaton  Glad it did work out!  I had AMAZING CS with Chapters too!!! I bought stuff right before Christmas that went on sale on boxing day. Had no problems getting a price difference refund. Chapters does have great CS!

Bahahahahahahaha!!!!   They're really outdoing themselves!!!!   Just when you think they can't get any worse.... 😂🙄. At least they're honest.

Omg I don't know whether to laugh or cry at how ridiculous The Bay is.

-___-

I just looked at the spoiler. What a bunch of dum dums! 

@veronika23 im going to take a guess without looking at the spoiler. Could it possibly be 0.05? 

That is crazy!

3 Replies
testing