Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

So sorry ๐Ÿ˜ž If you don't get your package keep pushing for your refund... Ridiculous!

When you get super excited because Ulta sends you a Deluxe size sample as one of their free samples and it's...... expired. It was a good one too! 

IMG_9312.JPG

Ugh!  That's the worst!  Ulta has sent me expired Oil of Olay foils on 2 different occasions, but that is more forgivable than an expired DS!  So sorry! ๐Ÿ˜ž

@Tamara76 Aw that sucks! Yeah I was so happy, but now I'll just think of it as an unwanted smash box primer. ๐Ÿ™‚

I was about to say maybe that is the manufacturing date, but I don't think there's any mistaking the EXP before it haha! I guess even the thought of a deluxe sized sample from the Ulta samples is too good to be true. At least they do offer some nice samples if it happens to be a gwp item or one of their sample bags.  I feel like that is what all their samples go towards and they save the Smashbox and Porefessional for the samples that go in all the orders haha!

#1 greatest pet peeve is when my eyes water during allergy season and I'm trying to apply eye make up.  Putting it on is a challenge and keeping it from becoming a disaster is a challenge.  Doesn't stop me from trying though.  ๐Ÿ™‚ 

#2 is trying to keep makeup on my nose during allergy season and the cold months.  I'm constantly re-applying makeup to my nose all day to keep myself from looking like Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.  

If anyone has any tips or tricks for either of these, I am ALL ears.

Same on the watery eyes. Like, how can an eye be this watery? This often? Do I need surgery to change the shape of my eye or something? I have wondered

Ordered a pair of earrings off of ebay and one of the posts is bent. Ugh, and these are a gift. I am just livid. 

Seriously?  I would be upset too!  I don't really ebay often.  Is there anything you can do about it?

@ghrelin I finally heard back from the seller and I'm able to return it. I'm still pretty annoyed though. The damage was due to incompetent packaging. They shipped out delicate earrings in a cardboard (not even padded) envelope with only a little bit of newspaper. No wonder they were damaged. 

I ended up buying the earrings again from a different seller and they assured me that it'll be properly packaged for shipping. I'm a little annoyed that I ended up paying $5.50 more, but I really didn't want to risk reordering from the first seller.

@lmi82  I'm sorry you had to go through all that hassle, but I'm glad to hear you were able to return them and get a replacement elsewhere.

It's so weird that they wouldn't think to protect the earrings better.  They're little and delicate...

When you splurge on the most expensive eyeshadow palette you've ever purchased and it arrives like this:

IMG_1571.JPG

And then when you go to reorder it's OOS...

For those who are curious, I ended up

getting my money back and was able to keep the palette. I pressed the broken shadows last night, the whole palette is just covered in glitter which makes me a little crazy when I look at it but the shadows are beautiful and still useable.

IMG_1579.JPG

Where did you buy it from?

That's great you were able to fix it pretty well, and get a refund!

You did a good job salvaging it! @StyleLynn

Yes this happened to me as well ๐Ÿ˜•.  It'll be back in stock!

That's awful! I hope you're able to get a replacement. 

Oh no! That's terrible. I would be so sad =/ I hope you're able to get your replacement!!

So sad!!!!!!  ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

I hope you can get a replacement soon!

Ugh, how annoying! I have heard/seen this happening with her products a lot! It honestly turns me off from the brand entirely... Even though the shadows are apparently absolutely amazing (when they aren't shattered). Hopefully you can get your money refunded.

testing