Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Today I was at my local Sephora store and asked for a sample of the Drunk Elephant whipped cream. The lady took it straight from the open jar on display! No way am I putting that on my face! 

They can't be doing this on a regular basis can they? I've only asked for a cream sample once before, and she took out a jar from the drawer... 

A perk that would be nice as rouge would be for stores to have sealed from factory samples of skin care products for us upon request . I have ended up buying 90% of the things I receive deluxe or regular sealed samples of.

That's why I don't ask them to make samples for me....

I have no qualms if things come with a pump.  Otherwise there's no way.  I've seen things.  

Agreed.  Things that cannot be unseen.

Yes everytime I've had someone make a sample it's from the open tester 😞 Sometimes I'll get lucky and they will have just opened a new one for me if the tester is missing or run out or something. 

Thanks for the comments guys! That's sad. I won't be asking for samples again unless it's a serum I guess. 😞

Yes, I once had an SA give me a sample of a FAB face balm that she had just touched with her fingers to show me the texture. I didn't want to make a fuss, so I just took the sample and threw it away when I got home. Now I only ever ask to sample something that comes in a pump dispenser. 

I thought it was completely normal for the salespeople to make samples from items on display, or at least that's what I always see them do. 

My biggest BT peeve: I hate that I can't tell if I've already hearted something. I keep accidentally unhearting things because I don't remember that I already hearted it, and then I have to reheart it again!  ❤️🤔

are you on mobile? not sure whether this works on all browsers, but i am just glad that on chrome on my laptop, i can hover over the "plus heart" and a popup message will tell me whether i've hearted it

@Beadshopgirl

attaching photos for clarity's sake, as i'm p. tired

hover1.jpg

hover2.jpg

That's cool, @gingerleigh! I don't see those options because I'm always on either my iPad or iPod. 

Yep. I've already hearted, de-hearted and re-hearted this post 😄 @Beadshopgirl

No heart for you! 😄

1483759973805.jpeg

taking my heart back

You can have mine. ❤

ah here ya go!

I stopped in to pick up a lipstick on my break, and while browsing a woman bumped into me. The lipstick tester in her hand smeared on the sleeve of my shirt. She did not apologize, and worse she thought it was funny. Me, not so much. 😞

@angel7594  😞  I'm so sorry that happened to you!  I just can't see how someone could think that would be funny.  What a rude person.

Oh my gosh. I'd be so embarrassed if that were me! I'd have thought the appropriate measure would be to offer to have it cleaned or something. Terrible, really.

testing