Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@EDZ90 I feel your pain! I work at a hotel too and constantly shocking guest as I am handing over their keys lmao.

OMG, I feel you.  My chair at work shocks me every time I get up or sit down, and lately car doors have been shocking me, even through my mittens.  So annoying!  😞

Ok. I just read the grossest story about people dumpster diving at Ulta for free makeup. Apparently many Ulta's throw out used returns. There are YouTube videos of people doing this, which I refuse to watch, because I'm already gagging. 

I guess some Ulta and Sephora stores purposely damage their returned items even further to discourage peeps digging in their trash. 

I would never put a sanitized tester on my face, let alone dig through the garbage for makeup. I don't know where it's been, what dog drooled on it, what snotty Kleenex has been laying on it, not to mention anything else even worse. 

So buyer beware on eBay for any "gently used" makeup items for sale. I'm seriously sick to my stomach after reading this 🤢

@pixiedust2 those videos make me cringe so hard. Unfortunately there are a lot of people that will "sanitize" stuff and sell it as gently used when they know it's been in a dumpster. There are a lot of DD items for sale on Instagram under #themakeupexchange tag:/

Anonymous Insider

Ordering from an indie brand and getting a product that doesn't match the pictures on the website... then being told that it's my computer screen. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight

Expectation:Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 12.59.01 AM.png

Reality:

IMG_9134.JPG

It looks like the color was sucked out of the palette you got lol That sucks! This would be a great candidate for the "when you order vs when it arrives" memes

Oh my gosh, no way.  Not even!  That is super frustrating. 😞

Wow.. Not even close!

Wow!  That is super disappointing.  😞

Maybe my computer is messed up too because some of those even look like different shade families haha

But seriously I'm sorry that happened to you. That company should be ashamed of themselves

Anonymous Insider

Lol, I'm glad I'm not going crazy.  Yeah, she called me "dear" and told me that it was my computer screen so I doubt she cares much. Sadness.  There are so many great indie brand out there (looxibeauty is a fave of mine) but I was bound to come across a dud eventually.

Feeling a bit unappreciated by my manager:/

Beauty related: Morphe and the outrageous shipping costs. A whopping $10.88 to ship my Kathleenlights palette. -__-

@StephaniLynn high shipping costs irritate me so much! especially when companies don't give free shipping no matter what you spend.

sorry you're feeling unappreciated! 😞

@unfungirl Morphe does free shipping for $100+ but the only thing I wanted to order at the time was a $15 palette!:(

I have a meeting with her tomorrow afternoon, hopefully things will get better. 

@StephaniLynn i'm probably just spoiled by Nordstrom and sephora's shipping, but I feel like $100 is a lot to spend for free shipping! I'm glad you got your palette though while it was in stock!

good luck tomorrow 🙂

@unfungirl Sephora and Nordstrom do spoil us. They could atleast lower the free shipping minimum $35 would be nice!

@StephaniLynn Agreed!  It's hard to spend $100 at Morphe if you aren't starting from scratch!

Shipping... ugh. When you want to take advantage of items on sale but it's not worth it because of shipping costs 😞

This is the worst. So many times I have loaded up my cart and am feeling great about the deal I'm getting. Then, I get to shipping and it's like $9.95 for ground/economy shipping. Um, no thanks.

So many times I have loaded up my cart and am feeling great about the deal I'm getting. Then, I get to shipping and...

They don't ship to Canada.

Yup that happens often too! In this case what I save I pay back in shipping and duties.  So what's the point 😞

6 Replies
testing