Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When you do your makeup and you can't get both sides of your face to look even for the life of you.

this is me EVERY single day LOL

Yes! I have the worst problem with this, especially with eye makeup. One of my eyes is smaller and hooded, while the other is not and it always takes extra work to try and make it even out in the end. 

This is my daily struggle with eyeliner because of my eyes 😞 

I also have this problem with brows LOL so I decided to get bangs.

@myumew lol I part my hair off center so that if my makeup is uneven, it's OK because my hair isn't either.

story of my life, ugh!

You know my shame! I have this problem with blush every day. 😕

Dittooooooooo!

I work downtown, which I hate.. (different rant)

anyway, we have these "herds" of people who feel they must walk side-by-side taking up the whole sidewalk with no consideration for the people walking in the opposite direction.. have people no social training??? some days I feel like society is on the edge.

Anyway.. walking along.. herd of a group incoming with literally nowhere for me to go but the street, so I do my usual ELBOWS OUT! and take them on. The girls I tried to walk between tried to win the game be refusing to part or move at all, but I was victorious because I leaned in with my shoulder and literally body-checked one of them and knocked her aside like a bowling pin.

1 - Insomniacmuffin

0 - herd of rude pedestrians

That's awesome ! I though I was the only one who did that lol. I have lived my entire life in Vancouver and there was alway a certain etiquette when walking with an umbrella as well but not anymore. People are so rude now you need to keep your guard up or you're in danger of losing an eye.

I feel your pain. My mornings are a choice between an elevator with twenty college students who have no concept of personal space (or manners) or the latest walk of shame coming from one of our resident hockey players' apartments (who are all generally quite rude). It's made getting to work in the morning a trying experience.

YESSSS! I lived in NYC for a couple years and this was a daily problem. My dear, I salute you.

i'm going to try this next time i'm stuck behind someone slow 'OMG WHERE DID YOU GET THAT, THAT IS SO PRETTY?' or ' omg nice shirt' etc.. that'll make them stop , look at you and you can just thumbs up and zoom away. excellent plan. and you'll both be happy. you can throw in a laughter after you' ve walked 30 steps. giphy.gif

@Blackwhiskey, that is genius.

😆 thank you

So annoying! And don't get me started on the stroller brigades! 

@Insomniacmuffin Excellent! I hate this as well. Like where am I supposed to go?? Sometimes I like to just stop, if there's no one behind me. They usually part like the Red Sea and I go on my merry way 😄 Or start sneezing and hacking like crazy. Bet they move then!

School kids always do this! I hate when they block the entire sidewalk! It's awful. Then they give the side-eye if a person doesn't move over for them. As if. lol

That is the worst! @Insomniacmuffin

I work in a huge office building (lt's like 1/4 mile long) that is designed with an atrium running the length of the building, so on upper floors there are narrow walkways overlooking the atrium.  People always walk in clusters of 2-3 taking up the width of the walkway and they are inevitably talking shop and completely oblivious to everyone trying to pass them.  Often a loud, but polite, "excuse me" is completely ignored.  It's so frustrating - especially when I have back to back meetings on opposite sides of the building.   Sigh....

Me too! I'm also a fast walker and sometimes people can be inconsiderate. 

If they're walking towards me, I would just stop walking until they make way for me---NEVER make way for them or keep on walking towards them while pretending to look at my phone or pretending to be in deep thoughts lol. And yes, ELBOWS OUT is a must! Works wonders with people invading my space while waiting in a line as well!

If they're in front of me, walking the same direction I'm going to, I would say excuse me in a loud and hurried voice.

Ditto to this peeve! I am also a relatively fast walker and get very frustrated when stuck behind slower people! 

download.jpg

33137707.jpg

testing