Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

^ that is me. I have to control my breathing so i don't start breathing dragon fire.

Hah oh man, I totally understand.  I'm a fast walker too (can't be 5'10 without resembling an ostrich) so I NEED space to move!

I used to live in London, UK for 2 years and dear lord... Tourists made me want to scream.  Most were in huge groups, SWARMS rather, of about 10 or sometimes more people.  They would get off the subway and literally just stop RIGHT OUTSIDE THE DOOR so people couldn't get off!! You literally would have to push them aside and I have had several times where people swore at me.  It was the same on the streets too, you'd be walking peacefully then BAM they all just stop right in the middle of the sidewalk and make no effort to move.  I am a nice person but if you irritate me then I will let you know.

Dhaaam girl 😉 You're 5'10?! I always knew you were tall (you looked tall in photos) but I thought you were maybe 5'8" or something!

@InsomniacmuffinThis drives me crazy too! We have indoor bridges called +15's in our city that connect certain office buildings together (so you don't need to go outside in the frigid weather) and people are HORRIBLE for taking up the entireeeee walkway. I'm a fast walker, and anything slower than a brisk pace annoys me. I don't mind walking around people (and having them think I'm crazy) but if I can't pass others it drives me nuts.

Yesterday there were two young men (note: my age) walking side by side smack in the middle and there was a huge pile up behind them (including me). After I passed them, I might have called them a profane name under my breath that they might or might not have heard 😄

Call me rude or whatever you want, but at least when I'm forced to walk slow (like when I injured my back and was slow like a turtle) I'll walk off to the side and not block anyone. It's all about common courtesy!

Ughhh @Insomniacmuffin  that drives me absolutely crazy! Especially when I am out walking my dogs and people still do not get out of the way and literally leave us no space at all. One of my dogs is pretty rude though and she will just walk right into them if they don't move 😂🐶

You are awesome. 

Things that have annoyed me in the last 24 hours:

• This dang pimple that won't come to a head. It doesn't look like a cyst (too small and too red, not liquidy feeling enough) so I'm suspecting it's a papule? I just want to pop the dang thing already. I've been massaging some wetted Epsom salts on it and finally it looks like a tiny white dot is emerging. Now I just need it to "ripen!"
  • The same pimple refers pain to other nearby locations on my face, making me think that I have another pimple popping up. Nope, just the darn thing saying hi.
  • I made chili yesterday and cut some jalapeno and poblano peppers. I used a thin plastic grocery bag as a barrier when removing the pepper insides, but used bare hands when mincing and dicing the peppers. Big mistake. Taking out my contact lenses was painful!

Awwww @k617 😞

I hope the next 24 hours are much better for you!

I hearted this before I even read what annoyed you because the last 24 hours have made me wonder if I haven't gotten enough sleep, haven't consumed enough caffeine, or if I'm PMSing because what hasn't annoyed me in the last 24 hours?? Beauty related or not, haha.

Now that I've read your post, I have a pimple acting the same way, which makes me think it's definitely PMS. 

i swear the foil seals they put on some products are impossible to get off! like when you're in the shower, and you're trying to get a shampoo/face was/etc. open with wet hands, and it's just way too difficult. ugh!

Well I get to be the annoying customer tomorrow. I bought a pair of shoes at DSW on Sunday, just got a $10 off coupon today. Luckily I was going to the mall anyhow, but now I get to lug them in, return, and then rebuy for the cheaper price tomorrow. Hopefully they won't hate me, but it would have been nice to know this was coming up to save the hassle.

When you don't realize that the sharpie ink from your iced Starbucks drink came off on your hand so you put on hand cream and end up smearing black ink all over your hands.... ugh 

Ugh, that sounds horrible. Not how you want to start the morning.

😞   I am wearing a white blouse, but luckily, none of the ink got on it....so that's a plus - my day is getting better!  🙂

Sephora's "Recommended for you" section. Most of it I already own. Purchased from Sephora. It's in their system. The rest of it is from my loves list - I know I like it already, thanks Sephora. 

I don't get why it's even there. 

Ha, they kept recommending something for me that was out of stock. Like, seriously, wtf? I would buy it if I could, but you won't let me!

@snoflakefaerie Same thing happened to me. So frustrating! 

I wonder why Ulta would bother to send me an email to tell me about something they already know is sold out (and I guess, brag about it as being sold out right on the email)?

ulta-sold-out.JPG

Ulta continually sends me emails for online only deals WHEN THEY WONT LET ME ORDER.  Its like "heres what ur missing"

Hahaha ulta is playing mind games! trying to egg your FOMO on for next time perhaps?

I got this same email, what were they thinking!? 😞

testing