Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I cried when my hubs told me this morning.  She was such an amazing actress and writer and did so much for mental health awareness.  What a strong intelligent woman.  She'll be missed.  

What??? NO!!!!! 2016 this one is for you!

FxTIV4r.gif

Nightly Beauty Pet Peeve: the random loose hair that always finds its way to my lips (covered in lip balm to go to bed).

I go crazy trying to take it off but it's not easy with the lip balm. So I have to get up from bed wipe my lips with a tissue and reapply the lip balm, but that hairy feeling is still there. LOL Drives me CRAZY!!!!

@YoiFran this always happens to me, but with dog hair! i am super meticulous about washing my bedding regularly to keep hair under control, but i swear i wake up every day with hair on my lips/face and it makes me NUTS.

I also have a dog but he is not allowed upstairs. I think it comes from debris in the heating system but it drives me crazy that it always ends up sticking to my lip balm covered lips hahahaha

All these llama pictures make me want to find a local farm and spend the day with them. Such personality!

Sheesh! Some people need more llamas in their lives... Just saying. ( Would benefit their beauty. So, it's beauty related. There. )

But...

upload_4632916739989089551.jpg

😉

Ok, something about this got me.  In honor of all the stolen photos and llamas (stolen llamas, or llamas that just made me smile)...

Photo credits to:

Modern Farmer, Wallpaper Gallery, Youtube and Pixabay respectively...

Unhappy with Sephora not giving us the 20% off sale yet Llama

llama 1.jpeg

Sheriff Llama matching hat to the new Bite lipstick release

llama 2.jpg

Action hero llama looking for the right highlighter palette to catch the light (any BT recommendations for llama's coloring?).

llama 3.jpg

And natural llama looking for an all in one neutral travel palette for out door looks.  Sorry...I'm bored...

llama 4.jpg

@meganlisa

Did someone ask about what will be the best option for the lovely llama(s) coloring?

Depends on which lovely llama we're dealing with! 😉

Outdoor llama is definitely a winter, action hero looks like a spring, sheriff is a summer and miser-a-llama is a fall. Now if everyone will please take out their copy of "Color Me Beautiful"....

😉

@GennX You have a good eye for coloring!   I remember that book.  It's been years since I've seen a copy but now you have me wanting to take a look again!

@meganlisa

There's been a lot of additional 'stuff' added to the original 4 season "Color Me Beautiful" system, depending on which source you like best, there will be a minimum of 3 variants to each 'season' although there are a few out there I've seen with more and/or spin things a bit differently. Given that the first version came along in what - the 1970's?

And I've never been one to shy away from at least *trying* to help people asking "what colors do I look best in" kinds of questions, even if they get repetitive - but even I get to a point where I feel like I'm continually running into a re-bar reinforced concrete wall over someone who just doesn't want to accept that the one thing they refuse to consider changing (like their hair color being all one color and dark when it would naturally be doing what hair does as we age...greying!) is probably at the center of all their best colors confusion.

I can't find the llama song right now, I'll have to look some more in a bit when I've got more time!

@GennX I didn't even know there is a llama song!   

I should go back to the Color Me Beautiful system and take a look.  It's been so long.  My coloring is fairly neutral so easy (overall) but my daughter has totally different coloring and I never know what will work on her....

There are certain questions I've gotten a little tired of answering and certain debates I'm no longer willing to have.  But I think most of the time we help when we provide feedback!!!

Now I'm going to look for the llama song too....

Here it is!

@meganlisa

@GennX Love it!  Absolutely adorable.  The words are precious.  Thank you!  You made my day.  Want to bet I can't get the tune out of my head!!!

@meganlisa

It's definitely catchy. 😛 There are other llama songs but none quite like the original!

@GennXYou're my new favorite person!  It's just so fun.  Happy new year!!!

@meganlisa

🙂

Happy new year (even though it's a week into things now!)

@GennX Same to you!  Perfect timing.  My son has been home from school sick and I showed him the llama song.  Made him smile!  So I'm sharing!!!

@meganlisahahahahaha LOL  stolen llamas??? Do you mean the pictures of llamas we take from google are stolen? 😄

@veronika23 I caught only a glimpse of another BT picture argument and didn't want to get called out for stealing a llama picture from the internet.  These photos are genuinely borrowed!  But also credited!!!

My stolen llamas....

@meganlisa  Gotcha! That's what I thought! Thx 🙂

2 Replies
testing