Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Thank you, thank you. In lieu of flowers I'm asking everyone to donate a sparkly item to their own makeup collection. @Tamara76

😘😘😘

Oh no, that's awful. Sometimes they can be so careless.

Macy's cancelled my order for my Mac 'All I Want' lipstick. My friend on the other hand got a shipping notice. She ordered 2 hours after me😭

Oh no! Hate when that happens. Hope you will find a replacement!

when you're at sephora, and you see someone using a mascara directly from the tube, or putting lipstick on with a doe foot applicator. 

hhh.jpg

and then when you - as a normal, cleanly person - aren't interested in an SA putting products directly on your face...you don't know where that doe foot has been, SA! you might use a disposable wand but you know damn well most people do not

In my Sephora yesterday a girl was eating a sandwich with juices running trough her hands and she was swatching every single eyeshadow, blush, etc.

I will stick to hand swatches from now on 

The store was very crowded so I don't blame the SA for not noticing

that's repulsive, @YoiFran! i would have had a hard time biting my tongue!!

I stared at her but she couldn't care less. And to think how many times I have actually swatched things on my face :s specially blushes and highlighters. Lesson learned!

barface1.jpg

People are crazy 😖

This is why I only swatch on my hand/arm.

I dont even try to apply anything to my face at the store anymore. Just swatches on my hand by disposable wands and after disinfecting. People are just crazy 😞 

I've posted this before, but I am still horrified at the time I saw some little kids licking lipstick and eyeshadow testers at Sephora.....

@Tamara76 i would have never gone back to that store! so gross!

When you walk to the NARS section and see this mess. 

1. IMG_8999.JPG

ugh i hate that. like i don't want to buy, or even swatch, anything when it looks like a hot mess. 

@unfungirl Agreed! There wasn't a tester so I'm sure people just opened them up to test them. Sephora could have found one of the already tested ones and labeled it as a tester. I know people probably also opened up each one to check which ones were untouched, but they could have at least closed the box or be more gentle. I didn't even bother looking at the palettes although it's the first time I saw them in person. 

@KatieJiang i get sooooo ragey when i see people open up things! it's not that hard to open up a tester, or at least put the item back in the box properly. so rude!

It looks like Walmart makeup section instead of a Sephora store.

testing