Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

That really blows 

Amazon screwed up a secret santa order that I made and offered free 1-day shipping.. But I see I got charged $30 for that 1-day shipping.  Ugh they are so frustrating!

I got some gift for a reddit gift exchange and was supposed to ship the gift last friday! Amazon JUST shipped this item today and I ordered it exactly 2 weeks ago.  I was livid to start with because they shipping timing said I was due to receive the package within 5-8 days after ordering, then realized it wouldn't arrive in time and I mean they were helpful with offering 1-day shipping (even though it's still being sent late) but now I saw that $30 charge on my account and want to cry!! 

@sabrinas That's frustrating! Have you tried CS? I find Amazon has actually had extremely helpful CS whenever I needed to contact them with an issue.

I did, they were able to refund that amount back to me, but it was still annoying to deal with lol 😄 I apologized profusely to my secret santa and let them know that they WILL be getting a gift but it will be shipped 5 days late, eep! @lachaton

Glad it all worked out okay in the end, even if it is late! 

Latest beauty pet peeve--Going into Sephora ostensibly to buy gifts for my favorite ladies, but leaving the store with more things for myself than I actually intended.  This happened just this past Saturday.  I bought fragrance gifts for others, but left the store with a MUFE Ultra HD Foundation which I just had to have.  Then to add insult to injury, I purchased a Foreo Mia 2 (despite having two Clarisonics at home), as well as an UD Naked Ultimate Basics palette.  Some skincare products made their way into my bag also.  It was as if I had blacked out right there in the store.

The sense of "shame" I felt lasted for all of a few moments when I unpacked my bounty at home.  It was a true testament to narcissism and selfishness at its finest.

You are among friends @missjr!!!!  I do the exact same thing....

😄 This kind of sums up how I Christmas shop. For every gift I buy, I buy like 3 things for myself. 

Don't worry. You aren't the only one who feels this way 😉

awe - we're here for ya!

Having a great eye look that disappears (due to oily lids) after using products that always work...and then it didn't disappear evenly. The right eye wasn't that noticeable, but that left eye made me question my capabilities. 

Hmm maybe just a little more product was on the right eye than the left? I'm sure you were just having an off day 🙂 

Went to order from the Bay.

After I put in my credit card, 3/4 of the items in my basket are "no longer available". Waste of my time, I'm not going to purchase from them as I don't have time to seek out more items that will only go out of stock. 

Ugh feel your pain.I ordered the same product on 2 seperate occasions and both times it was cancelled days after. I called and was told it was never really available at all. And ofcourse it still showed up online the next day. I did not order. I am still waiting on my refund from the cancelled order 😑

They are notoriously bad for inventory issues. It shows up as in stock until you go to check out or after you place the order, they cancel your order.

Yet if you look tomorrow on the site, the item will still appear "in stock"... the worst

OMG no!!! The Bay sucks!

Ah man, feel your pain. I think the Bay is on a particularly bad streak lately.

Ordered a brush from Sephora on sale... it came with the brush head + metal thing not properly glued to the stick. It fell off as soon as I took off the plastic case. 

Returned it in Sephora and saw it appear again online. Reordered it and EXACT SAME ISSUE.

Where is the quality control in that....

I didn't pay for a brush so I'd have to glue it back and fix it myself. 

My week's been a little rough, with a broken car window and final exams going on...but is it bad that I was way more upset that I dropped and shattered my CoverFX Enhancer deluxe sample from the holiday sample bag a few weeks ago? hahaha. At least the floor by my sink is nice and shiny now.....

@maddieb25 if you don't mind covering the shipping cost*, i would be happy to ship you my unused promo bottle 🙂

Spoiler
I've been debating posting this comment because I don't want anyone to say "if you're trying to be helpful, go all the way and don't make her cover shipping". 😞 Eh, I tend to overthink.. PM me if you're interested! I hope you understand

I think that's very sweet of you! 🙂

1 Reply
testing