Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Ah man, feel your pain. I think the Bay is on a particularly bad streak lately.

Ordered a brush from Sephora on sale... it came with the brush head + metal thing not properly glued to the stick. It fell off as soon as I took off the plastic case. 

Returned it in Sephora and saw it appear again online. Reordered it and EXACT SAME ISSUE.

Where is the quality control in that....

I didn't pay for a brush so I'd have to glue it back and fix it myself. 

My week's been a little rough, with a broken car window and final exams going on...but is it bad that I was way more upset that I dropped and shattered my CoverFX Enhancer deluxe sample from the holiday sample bag a few weeks ago? hahaha. At least the floor by my sink is nice and shiny now.....

@maddieb25 if you don't mind covering the shipping cost*, i would be happy to ship you my unused promo bottle 🙂

Spoiler
I've been debating posting this comment because I don't want anyone to say "if you're trying to be helpful, go all the way and don't make her cover shipping". 😞 Eh, I tend to overthink.. PM me if you're interested! I hope you understand

I think that's very sweet of you! 🙂

@whitepolkydots, that is so so kind of you to offer! 🙂 Let me PM you quick.

That's so incredibly nice and thoughtful @whitepolkydots!

Oh no! Sorry 😞

Trying to find good lighting for a selfie and failing -___-

Mystery Bags. Finally got my Ulta mystery bag the other day and it reminded me how much I hate them. I always get the duds. Evey. Single. Time. It gets pretty infuriating after a while, especially after seeing pictures of what other people received. I should just stop getting those types of promos. 😞

@lmi82 Oh no, I'm sorry you got a bad bag:/

Mine is when people have all this high end makeup and 1) they're using old and crusty  brushes that have never been washed and/or 2) they just throw everything in a dirty makeup bag (including unprotected brushes) to just rattle around o_O

That sounds more like a human pet peeve instead of a beauty pet peeve 😉

When people use BeautyTalk to benefit themselves (using unique promo codes without commenting/heart-ing, using other people's pics, etc.) but they never contribute to BeautyTalk...

@prti I've never understood why people do this. What does it say about your abilities as a blogger to create content if that content is based on the theft of information from BT and other sources.

@trishavt I know, right? I don't mind people finding info from BT or other sources but the least that person could've done is contribute to the forum. For 2 years she could've shared reviews, posted a good deal, or even just "heart-ed" more than 1 comment. She came back every year to get info about the Sephora birthday gift. I'm pretty sure if someone didn't call her out, she would've just come back again at the end of 2018. Don't get me wrong, I'm open to newcomers on BT but I just don't like people who take advantage of others. You can't just leech off of other people. It's give and take. Not give or take. :S 

Spoiler
BTW, I just stalked her blog (because I'm petty just like that). She even watermarked a photo that was posted on BT. Sure, she did credit the users who posted the images. However, why would you watermark a photo you didn't actually take?

Sorry for the rant and sorry if I went overboard. It really bugs me and I'm feeling so petty today LOL.

Spoiler
@prti , @veronika23 who is she/are they? I know of these things going on, but am so oblivious of who actually are these low life bleeps as I don't really read/follow blogs...

@lyravega PM'd you 🙂 I don't read blogs either but that person triggered me to make this post lol

You've brought up a lot of good points @prti and I would not consider your comments to be a rant because they are legitimate concerns.

When a person comes to BT or any other forum and takes information there is a sense of "loss" because the people that work hard to maintain this forum feel someone has taken advantage of their work. People put varying degrees of time, energy and thought into every post on BT. Thats why giving credit where due is a sign of respect for those that post on BT.

Also, not contributing shows there is no desire to participate in the forum other than to take and re-blog information from BT. This goes against the sense of community that BT is known for fostering.

I'll end on a positive note. Whatever information bloggers steal is not as important as the community we have on BT. That's something special you cant find on a blog. All the people that post honest reviews, swatches, product release information and tons of other information blow all the other beauty blogs out of the water.

@trishavt I wholeheartedly agree with you on your last paragraph. I love to hang out on BT because people are so nice and helpful. I get to see swatches, read genuine reviews (glad I didn't join the Too Faced white chocolate chip palette hype :P), enjoy some memes (:D), and get updated on promos and new releases. I am thankful for all the people who have made contributions to BT 🙂

@prti  It's ok. I understand your frustrations... I have similar ones and keep biting my tongue because you know... yeah I'm gonna leave that as is too LOL 😄 

1335909007897_935670.png

1 Reply
testing