Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Wow! That would drive me nuts.

It's not really a peeve but more I'm peeved at myself. Back in November I ordered some Mehron pigments and they finally arrived today.  In there was an extra item. I was like what??? Looked and it was a double of one of the pigments I ordered so I went and checked my invoice again and sure enough I ordered 2 by accident. This color was simply an add on. I was primarily placing an order for the metallic ones. I added this one after seeing an eye look and thought I didn't have a red like that. I would be wrong... sure enough after I placed my order I realized I had something that would work... Oh man! Can I be more absent minded! 😄

When a seller claims their product is authentic but it is definitely not! Hello, pencil is spelled wrong on the actual product itself...when it is a lip pencil 😞

Also people stealing photos of your items to use as stock photos for their probably counterfeit items...

@flyte I had someone steal my photo on eBay for a listing one time and that bit.... person had guts to accuse me that I had stolen her photos. I had to respond to the ridiculous message with evidences that the photos were in fact mine, that she had stolen them and that I would be more than happy to report her on eBay. She ended up revising her listing, but man... things that people can do so shamelessly! tsk tsk. 

Hope you didn't buy the counterfeit pencil. Just out of curiosity, how was it spelled??

No, I haven't been on the phone with USPS for 2 hours trying to resolve an issue from over a week ago, why would you ask? 

Anonymous Insider

Oh they goofed up my mail forwarding and put it in effect a week early. THAT was a huge snafu since they returned packages back to Amazon. I have not been a fan for months now.

talk about it, USPS has been the BIGGEST pain the last two weeks, three of my christmas packages were delayed, i had a priority express (aka overnight) package that still is in transit 4 days later... ahhhh

@alexasteph Oh man dealing with the USPS is just a huge pain.  I hope at least you're on the phone directly with the post office in the city you're having issues with? Calling the generic USPS number is always a whole problem in itself- it takes AGES until you're actually directed to a person to help you, and sometimes it never even takes you to someone.

It's sometimes hard finding direct numbers to actual post offices, but I do a bunch of google searches and sneaking around.  Once my local post office was legit confused as to how I got their managers direct number to their personal office LOL... I have my ways.

I have to resolve an issue with them at least once every couple of months. This case is a shipping thing. I sold something on eBay and the package is stuck at a sorting facility for reasons unknown to me and I can't get answers. They did have the audacity to send me a survey link though. 

USPS.jpg

The Bay!!! UGH!  I got the document holder and not the samples. I know it happened to someone else here. And  I had ordered 6 items plus the gwp... so out of a total of 7 items, 2 were cancelled so down to 5 and I got 4 different shipments!!! 4 separate shipments for 5 items. Bravo The Bay! B R A V O!

Hahahahahaha, the same thing just happened to me!  I ordered three items and they all arrived separately!  Whyyyyyyy?  The last thing I need is more cardboard to recycle.  

@veronika23 that happened to me too. I called and they couldn't send anymore gifts as they were out of stock but she added 4000 points to my rewards card ($20). It's not much, but at least it's something. 

Good luck with the call. 

OMG WHAT???? UGH!  Thanks so much for the heads up @vhm333! 🙂

Hopefully they can find more in stock somehow. It was such a nice gift with the samples. The description is misleading since it only says the document holder but she agreed that the document holder was not a value of $220 by itself. 

What? I don't remember seeing that about just the document holder.

@veronika23 I'm trying to find it but it doesn't even show up on their site anymore. All the pictures showed the product but then the description said value of up to $220 and the details were only two bullet points:

- document holder

- dimensions of document holder

Still, all the promotional pictures showed the samples so I assumed they didn't list them in case they replace them with other samples if they run out. If I find it again, I'll def screen shot. 

@vhm333  it's alright. Thx! I went looking too and only found the pic and said gwp. Sorry but if you show pictures of samples and the documents holder saying it's a gwp and don't include the samples that's false advertising.

" Advertisements must not contain, or directly or by implication make, inaccurate, deceptive or otherwise misleading claims, statements, illustrations or representations."

Total fail on that ^^ one The Bay!

Yeah exactly! I mentioned that when she read the description but then she conceded that it's strange to include the pictures and the claimed value doesn't add up. Did anyone actually get the document holder with the samples? 

I don't recall reading that either V! The Bay makes no sense =/ How odd....*scratches head*

Yeah. It is odd.

I hope the CS will make it up to you! The bay is the worst. I don't even wanna talk about my order history...

testing