Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Exactly.  It's basically micro shards.  I did stupid stuff like that in elementary school cause I didn't know better.  

OMG!!  Just saw this...ack, so tacky & unnecessary  😱😧

IMG_0065.PNG

This is just too much. It gives her skin a horrible texture.

What a waste of beautiful glitter😥  

OMG, that has to be some sort of a bad joke. As in, "lets see how many suckers we can get to try this."

Ew.

I'll put certain foods on my face (honey, egg whites) as a mask, but wouldn't think about putting anything else on my face! ick!

@k617  yeah like it's nice to use certain foods for a mask because it has benefits but this is just dumb... I don't get it.

Ha, I watched a couple of those in the summer where they were using peanut butter as foundation.  Ugh!  I don't like getting peanut butter on my fingers let alone my face.  I couldn't stop watching cause it was like watching a train wreck

Peanut butter?!?!? I'd get lots of kisses from my dog at least.

Whaaat? Who needs this? Who cares about this? Reminds me of why I stopped watching Project Runway years ago - nobody got time for a dress made outta Whole Foods produce. Please.

Oh yes I seen something like this the other day and was grossed out!!

I cringed at the butter on the face part >.<

I barely watch them anymore. I just can't trust them when everything is PR. Even though they claim to be unbiased, it's ALWAYS ALWAYS different when you actually pay for something with your hard-earned money.  I also don't like companies sending YouTubers on fancy trips and have fancy launching parties to hype up their new products. At the end of the day, they write them off as operation costs and us, as consumers, are paying for all of the cr*ps!

Agreed, even Youtubers who I believe are legit trying not to be biased. People just don't tend to judge as harshly when they aren't feeling that sting in their pocket and have an incentive to return if it's not amazing. And the Two Faced Sweet Peach collection party; they must have put something in the champagne,  so many youtubers who were critical of the palette before are now talking about it as if it's made of unicorn dust.

Oh I can't stand any of that... and don't watch/follower any youtuber. I just happened to see that challenge on my feed... just adds to the whole pile of ____ I think it is 😄  and yeah I am getting fed up with companies and their PR trips/parties... so much bs.

I used to get sucked into buying products because so and so recommended it but now I don't watch those videos. I know that a lot of you tubers get kickbacks or are biased in some way. I've seen recommendations on brushes that are absolute garbage and shed, yet YouTube says it's great

Its to trust some of the big name youtubers!

most recently, tarte got some Beauty bloggers on a trip to bora bora.... I mean if you take me on a trip to bora bora I will absolutely rave and snapchat your products on the trip

A big rant ahead:

After hesitating for a while I placed my first order with Bath & Unwind on Black Friday. They had a deal to buy 2 Korres products and get one free. When I placed order, all three were showing instock. When I received the email confirmation, It stated one of the products is on reorder so my order will be shipped on Nov 28. 

I didnt get the shipping notice on that date so went to check order status on their website. Expected shipment date was changed to Dec 01.  On Dec 01 it was changed to Dec 04 and when I checked on Dec 04 their was again a new date Dec 07. So I contacted them to ask what was going on. I received a response this morning that there was an unexpected delay so if I want, they can ship both available products now and third one when it arrives.

I told them to wait for 7th Dec and if there is still delay they can ship both instock products. 

After a few hours I received another email telling me that  another product of my order is sold out during this wait time, so they give me choice if I want to wait for it to restock as well or want them to issue refund for that.

In short they are telling me that both the payed products are unavailable only free product is instock. 

These were all moisturizers and there were so many deals going around Black Friday which I missed due to this terrible retailer. I mean what choice they are giving me? Either I wait for an unknown period of time when they actually restock what I ordered or they cancel my order and refund my money they had on hold for 11 days. 

Needless to say I will never shop with again. Rant over.

Wow that's really really annoying!! Sorry this company is crap and not being very helpful.

@fatimamummy  I am so sorry 😞  Was my first time placing an order with them... 1 prior to BF and one during BF... I don't think I'll shop with them anymore... CS is crap! They don't read the message properly and took forever to answer my questions... almost on purpose because it affected a purchase and their sale. Both my cult order and my first order from them shipped at the same time using CP (on this side). Received my cult order late Nov... and my first order with them yesterday (a week and a half later). My items are in good condition but the box wasn't.  Not happy with them at all and here I thought I had found a new place to get my HG hair product... guess I'll have to find another retailer!

Agreed. There were so many point promos on beautyboutique last couple of weeks, I guess if I still want to go with Korres, I will better buy them from BB. 

@fatimamummy  yeah if you can get the same product from BB for sure... It's totally worth it when there is a 20x the points! Plus I've seen their cash back as high as 10%... so I think that's a good reliable choice.

testing