Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Thinking you applied a promo code to an order when it turns out you didn't:( 

Oh no that sucks! Can you call customer service and ask them to add the promo still?

I am so peeved about the cover fx drops I purchased last year. Right when cover fx came out with the custom cover shades, I jumped and bought one in the shade g60. I used it barely 5x, and I went back to use it again today only to realize why I had stopped reaching for it in the first place... The product just sits on the sides, it doesn't even dispense properly - it literally is a waste of $$ because the product sits on the cap area and on to the dispenser. I don't know how to explain it properly :|..

Probably the worst purchase of 2015 was this. I wish I never bought it.

I was interested in these drops too. It's a great idea. I know other companies have similar products, I'm just picky lol. But after reading reviews, people had similar complaints as you and said the product would "dry up"

That's too bad that the packaging sucks so bad on it!!!

@kromance,@pixiedust2@Asche,

I wish that I had heard this before I ordered bag #2. This is bad news. ๐Ÿ˜ž

@tsavorite I ordered that bag too, it's on the way. While I'm not sure, I'm hoping those drops are more liquidy and easier to get out. The problem with the foundation drops is the Pigment is very concentrated, which adds to it drying out quickly. The Enhancer Drops have different ingredients so here's hoping it is easier to work with. 

@pixiedust2,

Thank you for your reply!  I thought that you all had been commenting about the Enhancer Drops, not the Foundation Drops.  I hope the Enhancer Drops will be easier to work with, too.  It's good to know that info about the Foundation Drops!

@tsavorite I steer away from cover fx drops of any kind now because of the experience with the custom cover foundation drops. The worst for real. Let us know how the enhancer drops are - hopefully they are better than the foundation drops!

Same here. The packaging is so terrible that I gave up even trying. It would spill everywhere in the beginning. Then just like you said, it dried up and sticks to the sides of the bottle. In an attempt to try and rescue it, I squeezed some of my SPF into the bottle to try and thin it out and rescue it. It's what I was using to mix it with anyway. It helped but it's still a pain to try and use it. 

A tube that I can shake and/or squeeze would be a much better solution. Also I'm so clumsy I'm always terrified of dropping that glass bottle. I won't ever purchase these again. 

@pixiedust2 @Asche

Amen sister! The packaging is TERRIBLE. Every time i see the bottle now on my counter i get so annoyed. I tried to squeeze the drops into my spf too and all i got were bubbles lol. Whatt the! It really is just a mess. I wish i could take it back to sephora for a in-store credit or something or just have it in me to chuck it in the trash. ... Horrible. Money down the drain thats for sure. 

@kromance I understand completely. I jumped on the Cover FX drops bandwagon pretty quickly (seemed like the perfect was to fix foundations that are either too dark or too sheer). The colour I got was a perfect match...but the packaging is so awful. They also completely change the product I mix them with (I think they claim not to, but that isn't my experience). Foundations that once looked incredible made my skin look dry and powdery, and the little hairs on my face were suddenly very noticeable whenever I used the FX drops. I only used them for a few days before chucking the bottle in the drawer. Occasionally I give them another shot, but I instantly regret it. I wish I'd never bought them. 

Okay, so I swear I have aged like ten years overnight.  I'm an older mom (said my obstetrician) and just started losing my baby weight and my skin isn't liking the quick weight fluctuation.  I don't know whether I should just stop losing the weight or to continue and risk having droopy skin.   I'm just feeling a bit sorry for myself today.  

@heartsmyface I was an older mom too.  And I looked awful for about a year after my second baby was born.  But it got better (as I got more sleep and started eating better?).  How you look now, is not how you will look later.  Lose the weight, your skin will mostly tighter and all will be fine.

No, we'll never be exactly the same as pre-baby...but so it goes.

@meganlisa That's reassuring.  I don't remember caring or even knowing to care with my first boys, though I think I bounced back very quickly with them.  Thanks for the encouragement.  I think I am going to will those skin tightening creams to work.  

@heartsmyface Vegetable juice.  For me, nothing else makes such a quick difference in my skin.  But the creams are also good.  I bounced back a lot quicker with my first than with my second.  Somehow, time made a huge positive difference.  And you do look amazing, BTW.  You just might not look exactly the same to yourself.  But to us....

@meganlisa I totally agree with you about the green juice. When I do green smoothies I notice a YUGE difference - so much less dryness and dullness. Not to mention the energy and mood boost... 

Whenever I get lazy with it I see And feel the difference ๐Ÿ˜–

@heartsmyface

@Grahamcrackers Thanks for backing me up.  I'm nuts about skin care as well.  But the green juices still make a noticeable difference...immediately...

Well it's about time I dusted off the juicer then!  ๐Ÿ˜† I love juicing!  Well, I do when I remember to.  Reestablishing good dietary habits has been rough.  

And yeah, I probably don't look as different as I feel.  I bet a lot of it is that life has changed so much lately.  

Probably.  But there is something about that baby tired that isn't flattering.  You look great, but are probably just juggling so much change you aren't fully there yet emotionally.  Kids can be so draining, much as they're worth it. 

The juice thing is magic for me!

@heartsmyface You look absoutely gorgeous to me! But from one 'older' mom to another, I totally get it. I had my kiddo at 39 and I vividly remember looking in the mirror at my facial 'situation' about four months post partum and thinking oooooooh dear. It gets better though - give it time. Everything is still in flux. Use it as an excuse to treat yourself to facials and oily potions! And I'm not gonna lie, if you are open to it, a pinch of botox and a wee dash of juvederm goes a looong way. ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 Reply
testing