Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@heartsmyface You look absoutely gorgeous to me! But from one 'older' mom to another, I totally get it. I had my kiddo at 39 and I vividly remember looking in the mirror at my facial 'situation' about four months post partum and thinking oooooooh dear. It gets better though - give it time. Everything is still in flux. Use it as an excuse to treat yourself to facials and oily potions! And I'm not gonna lie, if you are open to it, a pinch of botox and a wee dash of juvederm goes a looong way. 😊

@Grahamcrackers great advice!  I think I'm expecting too much too soon.  

I'll be doing a consult for juvederm in a few months for sure!  Just waiting til he weans off breastfeeding. 

I don't know what to say in such a situation, so I will send a cyber-hug. And p.s., you are always enviably adorable. ❤️

Thanks😪  I like hugs!  I think I'm gonna go look at pictures of baby owls. image.jpeg

small-Piglet-PPcorn.jpg

IMG_6918.JPG

Sooooooo adorable!!!   

Here's another

polar-bear-hugging-dog.jpg

Ack!  Don't open spoiler if you don't wanna be sad.

Spoiler
that polar bear ate that dog earlier this month cause the polar bear wasn't fed by the owners one night. It was on the news.  

There is problem with polar bear being starved to death in nature during the winter, likely associated the climate change. We might come to the point where we have to formulate polar bear food and feed them somehow to save them. But I know people do not want the bear to associate human with food. So don't know how that's gonna work out. 

Well Churchill is in the direct centre of their migration path so they see a lot of hungry bears come through.  People aren't supposed to walk alone there OR leave their pets outside.  Attacks on humans mean they have to kill the bears for doing what they do- eat.  

Yeah. I heard if the bear comes to the village, people will put the bear into bear jail and only give it water. My college is applying for a grant to save the bears. I really hope she succeeds. 

Bear jail?  They should probably fence off the town.  It's not the Bears' fault they decided to plop a town in the middle of their road.  

I know... I've seen pictures of how climate change affect the polar bears.... stupid greed.

@heartsmyface  too late saw your comment from the main feed... what the what??? noooo I've seen this image before... I thought it was old. Now I am sad. 😞

Darn thumbnails!   Yeah, this is a sled dog from Churchill who formed a 'friendship' with a polar bear.  There's videos of them playing together that went viral. The owner started putting food out for the bear but forgot to one night so the bear ate his dog instead.  

yeah I was just reading that article 😞

My husband had to rein me from some parents up on Grouse mountain    this summer.  There are two Grizzlies they keep up there for conservation/tourist purposes.  There's a tall fence enclosure and then a shorter do-not-get-closer-than-this fence.  They were holding their three year old over the short fence so that they could maybe touch the 'fuzzy bear' that was resting against the other one.  

I completely flipped out and said

raged some things I am not proud of, but no way was I going to watch someone feed their baby to a bear. They may appear to be big and slow but they are quick! 

Good for you for raging out! What the hell were they thinking.... Ugh. Sometimes I wonder... yup I'll leave it at that... sometimes I wonder...

I love how friendly my service at my local sephora is. i feel they really love me. 

My peeve is not about the store.

I bought the too faced white chocolate chip. the palette looked deceiving online, looked like a kid toy when i got it. ok i can get past that. i put it on, i have no fear of go big or go home, this palette made me hate myself and questing my makeup techniques. but its not me, too faced, it's you. ill still buy my peach highlighter, damn you, and if i ever run out of the original chocolate bar, I'll purchase that again, but your eyeshadow game is rolling down the mountain to the pits of hell.

Thanks to returning you, i got my abh mario palette though. haiiiii.

I'm right there with you.  The colors looked so nice online, but on my eyes it was a waste of time.  It doesn't matter how much I applied or blended, it just sucked.  Not to mention how freaking small it is!  But seriously, my tween cousin would love this, this 35 year old ... not so much.

1 Reply
testing