Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Echoing!!  So glad to return mine today.  A passing SA saw it & was like, ohhhh can't wait until we get it; if she only knew.

Lol this sums up how I felt about that palette as well!! I took it back right the next day! @Blackwhiskey

The sums it up beautifully!!!  And hello!!!!  Big hugs for ya! 

@Blackwhiskey, I do so love your descriptions. ❤️

Not a new peeve around here, but..

"Hi, I'm completely and utterly new to the BT community but I want someone to give me their promo code and then I'll never contribute here again"

*sigh*

Tho, to be fair.. i much rather see those people get codes than they go unused at all..

(I am not calling anyone out - just a common thing that happens around these type of event)

I always all warm and fuzzy inside when BTers generously volunteer to give away their coupon codes rather than see people come out of the woodwork asking to be given codes even though they will probably not contribute to the boards until another code deal comes along. 

But, as you said, better to have codes actually be used than have that money stay in the corporate coffers 😉

UD apparently doesn't give me my points until after the product I order is delivered, which also conveniently means I don't get the $20 coupon I am 14 points away from getting (aka, the exact amount I'll be getting for one of the lipsticks I ordered this weekend) that I had wanted to use on the smokey naked palette while it was still $27 until a later date.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if the coupon earned by the points remains even after the points expire? I probably won't risk it anyway, but it'd be nice to know just in case.

My kickback has an expiration under it that says it will expire a year from when I earned (good until Nov 2017). Hope that helps!

I've probably posted about this before but I'm posting again because it drives me nuts. It's like a slap in the face... I don't understand Canadian businesses having a site and charging Canadian customers in USD.  Basically if our money is worth crap (like it is now) I end up paying even more for the same product.  I mean I want to support small Canadian businesses but this is ridiculous. If they are Canadian and ship from Canada I should be paying in my currency.  Although I caved on this purchase I don't know if I'll want to do anything with that business again. Every business always has a lame excuse for why they are charging in USD. smh.

This drives me INSANE. I refuse to buy from companies that do this

@Chickibum  I've refused to by from certain companies because of this but it was too hard to pass this up lol.  I know I'm weak lol

My fav jewelry company does this too except they are kinda weird.  I buy their stuff from a jewelry store here and the listed price in USD is the same as the listed price in CAD.  So if it's 150 USD it's also 150 CAD.  I asked them before why it was like that and why their site only listed in USD and got another lame excuse. She did said though that I could place an order via email and get the listed price in CAD... so it's good but not so much if you don't know about this.

EDIT: Apparently the 14 days for processing was incorrect however an alternative time table was not given!

Rant about delayed shipping during sales/promotions which I know are often delayed due to order volume: 

Spoiler
Figured I'd call ABH customer service to inquire about my order as a few people I know made pretty large orders in the days after I did & have already received their orders.  When I finally get a rep on the phone she says my order looks pretty good and should finish processing in 14 business days....huh?  I asked if orders were being processed in the order received & she confirmed.  I mentioned knowing other customers who have received orders & she declared they must have ordered before I did, they didn't.  Asked again about the 14 business days & she stated there was nothing she could do.  If her timeline is correct I will be out of town when the order finally ships & have no way of securing the package so I asked about changing the address on the order. Apparently I need to speak to my local FedEx about that -__-

So agitated.  The attitude wasn't necessary and I'm praying she had the wrong information.

end rant.   just needed to put that somewhere.

Man, that's a long time to simply process something.  You'd think they'd want to get things out quickly-especially during the holidays.  That's not encouraging business.

Oh jeez. 14 days?! to just "process" ? That's super ridiculous.

@mella900 agreed!  According to an online rep that was incorrect but we shall see.  So far not at all impressed with their shipping OR customer service.

@ElleElleG- Sorry to hear about ABH awful shipping service. The only time I ordered from them was for the Moon child palette and they shipped within a couple of days. 14 days is ridiculous!

@prettyinpa beyond ridiculous!  I commented on their Instagram and a different account, anastasiaorders, messaged me asking for my order info.  Hoping they can clarify this extensive processing mess.

@ElleElleG  any updates on your order? I would have said wait and call again later... different rep maybe different answer?

They might hire temp help for the xmas season and since they are new and temp they might not know everything.  I know it was the case with Sephora last year... well probably every year. lol

@veronika23 That's true.  Considering their entire stock of shadows, and the majority of other items, were cleaned out I doubt they could afford to NOT hire temps.

via Instagram the guy (I'm assuming b/c of the writing style) didn't offer much. He apologized for not having a good experience calling in and asked I send a message to him Monday if I did not receive my shipping notice.  I asked specifically about the 14 days & he said that was incorrect & again asked that I message him Monday. 🙄  We'll see what happens but I don't have high hopes

@ElleElleG  sorry 😞  Cross my fingers you get it fast and they were wrong!

@ElleElleG I just posted in the ABH thread wondering about the sale ordered. If this 14 day processing thing is true then I am glad I didn't order any Christmas gifts for anyone from ABH! 

testing