Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

OMG!  I do this all the time!  I need to make a spreadsheet with all my shades (but then I'd still probably order on the fly without checking....).

Not being able to log in on my phone:(

Same. I can view individual threads by following those email links. But I can't access the main page and navigating to private messages is a pain ๐Ÿ˜•

I can't log in to my phone either with the normal "sign in" link that is in the middle of the page. I have been going to BT, then signing in to sephora through the "sign in" link on the top of the page, then hitting the back button to go back to the BT and refresh. 

I have had this issue for at least a month (or more) now. I started clearing my browser history and then I am able to log in. Try that?

I know this has been addressed before and probably a few times: but I dislike like how people start ranting under the review section for products on Sephora. I just want to read a review and not hate-filled ranting -_- 

Me to all those "reviewers"

5Gs

Yes! Also, people giving bad reviews for products they haven't used because they find an ingredient or the company unethical. 

Also sort of related, bad reviews of recipes where the person had switched out many ingredients, thus creating a totally unrelated dish. 

Yes, I HATE useless reviews! I just read a review on Ulta for a hair mask, which I use and like, which made me lol so hard. I'll post a copy & paste under the spoiler for reference. It's perfectly fine if you don't want to use it based on the ingredients, but you can't start a review saying that you are returning it without trying and end the review of a product with "...[isn't] the money", "all bad and don't work" and "make a real mess of your hair" if you haven't tried it lol.

Spoiler
Returning without trying. List of ingredients doesn't appeal to me. Lemon peels, sugar maple, tree oil and fruit extracts. Don't care to put food in my hair. Most of the hair products today contain food products but this one is worst. Hair products today aren't worth the money. All bad and don't work. Make a real mess of you hair.

In the same vein, I hate when people review the fit of clothing without mentioning their measurements, even if they list their height and weight. Measurement of are in discerning the fit of a garment.

hahaha oh my that's a funny review!

Ha, I wonder if there might be some correlation between food trends and beauty trends. I've read about how the big food manufacturers can't get Millennials to buy as much processed foods these days because we're all eating more natural and organic foods. Now there are so many natural, organic beauty products on the market, maybe since many have become so wary of putting excessive chemicals in and on their bodies?

I could go into a lengthy discussion about the effects of industrialization, but I'll stop here. I do collect vintage and antique cookbooks, and it's so interesting how prevalent processed foods were in the '70s-'80s (tomato aspic...gross). I bring this up because I wonder if the bad review in the above post was a generational thing.

Lol at the review in the spoiler! How silly. Some people.....-_-

Yes! That and all the reviews about how people can't wait to get their product... not helpful...

I hate this too, big pet peeve!

@jesscheems, I agree with you! I want to read reviews based on the actual performance of the product, not it being out of stock or something else!

@angel7594 Yes like the new Too Faced White chocolate palette. People are already complaining -smh-

So speaking of that palette the pans are .02 oz if we go based on the matte palette available on the direct site. I think a total weight of 6 grams. Even the ABH Mario palette has super tiny pans. I hope this isn't some new trend with companies!! Even if I go through an eyeshadow or not it sucks to pay a premium for very tiny pans!!

Exactly, @jesscheems! The drama over the white chocolate chip palette in the reviews is crazy this morning. And it's not even out of stock!

OMG how can there be 21 pages of reviews for a product that nobody has even used?

I don't understand why people are so worked up over this! There are some pretty dramatic people that have posted "reviews" complaining that the item is OOS, and the people complaining about their complaining using reviews aren't helping either (hypocrite much?).

Is there something magical about this palette that I missed? Is it infused with magical unicorn tears or mermaid dandruff??

OMG @k617 "mermaid dandruff"!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚  Too funny!

Yes- why is it out of stock already- it's not like it hasn't been hyped as the best thing since sliced bread. Never heard of this palette before and suddenly it's the must have palette of the year. It sold out because it was hyped so much.

I do have a peeve with it though. I want to know why the palette isn't fully open so that the top three shades can be clearly seen. You can see them a little better in the next picture .

testing