Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@mrsbaine says the person who called other dk in other thread!

@AmdSeph Hun, people are going to keep commenting as long as you keep it alive by responding and for as long as they have something to say on the matter.  You don't have to have the last word cause you're not going to get it.   That's the life of a thread.  For your good and everyone else's sanity just leave this thread for a while.  Continue on as per usual in other threads.  This will get buried after a week or so.  

And I implore, please don't carry this into other threads.  

But I wasn't a racist. Win win for me @AmdSeph

@mrsbaine So be Bty rather than racist? Whatever flows your mind.

Keep living in fantasy of win win?

I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt... But your true colors are coming out. No one is bullying you. You're not winning friends here by being outrageous and rude.... 

It's interesting to me to see the odd swords people are willing to fall on. Like, just stop. It's not cute and you sure aren't triggering anyone but yourself. 

Okay, so after reading through the thread, I feel that you're either missing the point or are unable to be corrected.  I'm hoping you just had a kneejerk reaction to constructive critism. 

You unnecessarily attached an ethnic background as a descriptor of a person you were describing in a negative light and it came across the wrong way.  Maybe you're a super visual person and you were just describing what you saw.  Fine if you are, but I am hoping you have a track record for stating the ethnicticity of every person you talk about to back that up.  If not it was unintentionally racially derogatory.  

The ladies here tried to explain why it was offensive and all you needed to say was 'oops that's not how I meant to come across.  My mistake". It would have been over.  

Instead you decided to take offence to their offence.  How can you expect people to value your stance when you can't value theirs?  Take a step back and take note of what everyone is trying to convey.  There is no bullying going on- just a bunch of fellow BTers trying to help you see the light.  

The only person who is being a bully, @AmdSeph, is YOU. 

Youtube and its (sometimes) blind followers:

I'm an esthetician and I had a client come to me a few years back who was bothered by her breakouts but when I asked her about what she does, she instantly became defensive over the fact that I asked her how many times she washed her face. She only washed it once a day because she said someone on youtube said they only wash their face once a day. OH and she went to bed with her makeup on and only washed it in the morning because that's what the same person on youtube said she did. She absolutely REFUSED to do anything that this youtuber didn't do. I asked for the youtube channel. This girl was clearly not a skincare expert and shouldn't be making those kinds of recommendations. She didn't have perfect skin (or makeup skills) but I'm not one to judge. Just don't go to see someone trained in the field for years and then COMPLETELY refuse any of our advice when we offer it to you! It's just disrespectful! Unfortunately, she wasn't the first person to be like this!

@volta  totally understand how this can be frustrating... I remember one year this girl showed people how to make mascara with Oreo's??? Like what??? OMG I hate the whole youtube crowd... I don't get it. I only like Kandee J and Wayne Goss.  At least they are professionals.

I also wanna point out thank god for estheticians! I don't know what I would do without mine!!! 😄

@veronika23  I always say that the best youtube makeup artists are the ones who do makeup on many different types of people. You really can't judge a person's caliber if you only see them doing their own makeup. I guarantee you that doing someone else's makeup is a WHOLE different ballpark than just doing your own. Many-a-makeup artists I have known and trained have been put in their place when it comes to that fact. I do have respect for WG for that reason. Don't get me wrong, I think Kandee has an adorable look, but sometimes her overly enthusiastic attitude can seem a bit overwhelming for me LOL

@volta  Oh trust me I know how different it is to do someone else's makeup. 😉

Yeah I get that Kandee's bubbly personality isn't for everyone... I like it though 🙂

@veronika23Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with that. I tend to be bubbly when I deal with clients because that's the way I do business. However, I know that I am a completely person off the clock so when I see someone who also acts extremely bubbly, it's kind of hard for me to tell if the person is being genuine or not because that's the act I play too.

@volta  Gotcha.  I follow her on FB. She seems genuine to me... just a sweet good person who cares. 🙂

Are there any youtubers who have authentic skincare tips?

Tarababyz and she always tells you to use sunscreen 🙂 I think she's really sweet!

She's one of my favs.  I can sit and listen to her talk for hours.  

@sultananatalie The only YouTube person I'm ok with is Stephanie Nicole. I'm definitely not that savvy with skin care but she is good at explaining things and is  good at educating on skin care. She is not a dr or pro but comes off as very well informed in the skincare world. 

@sultananatalie  @darkiceis   I LOVE Stephanie Nicole. She's one of the few youtubers who I genuinely like. For one, I am a deductive person and I absolutely LOVE how she breaks down accounting facts and figures. Then she also compares it to other products and then gives an honest opinion. She is one of the few people who I feel will give a genuine opinion about a product because she's not sponsored by brands who I can tell will give only positive glowing reviews because they don't want to anger the brands and lose getting free swag.

I have yet to find a reputable youtube channel that deals primarily with skin care. If you search skin care on youtube, you will find makeup youtubers telling you about their skin care routine. The only thing I have a problem with that is that they are only addressing THEIR own skin. I understand it's much more difficult to have a channel that talks about skincare because every person's skin is completely different. You may have two people who say their both oily, but then if you break it down, one person could be oily in the tzone, big pores, hormonally triggered, prone to whiteheads but with dry patches around the mouth (i.e. ME) . Another person could have all-over oily skin, prone to blackheads, prone to acne, rosacea, and allergies.

Therefore, it's not logical for there to be many great channels dedicated to just skin care because no two people are alike with their skin and you can't pinpoint a general one-size-fits-all routine. Skin care, like going to the doctor, is highly customized because there are so many factors to consider. I'm not saying great videos don't exist, but it's hard finding solid channels.

SEE I TOLD YOU I was a deductive person!!!

@volta I hate YouTube videos that have DIY skincare tutorials. Especially those tutorials where the youtubers mix Elmer's glue with charcoal or with something else. Those videos make me cringe. 

The things people come up with to put on their face is amazing

1 Reply
testing