Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Are there any youtubers who have authentic skincare tips?

Tarababyz and she always tells you to use sunscreen Smiley Happy I think she's really sweet!

She's one of my favs.  I can sit and listen to her talk for hours.  

@sultananatalie The only YouTube person I'm ok with is Stephanie Nicole. I'm definitely not that savvy with skin care but she is good at explaining things and is  good at educating on skin care. She is not a dr or pro but comes off as very well informed in the skincare world. 

@sultananatalie  @darkiceis   I LOVE Stephanie Nicole. She's one of the few youtubers who I genuinely like. For one, I am a deductive person and I absolutely LOVE how she breaks down accounting facts and figures. Then she also compares it to other products and then gives an honest opinion. She is one of the few people who I feel will give a genuine opinion about a product because she's not sponsored by brands who I can tell will give only positive glowing reviews because they don't want to anger the brands and lose getting free swag.

I have yet to find a reputable youtube channel that deals primarily with skin care. If you search skin care on youtube, you will find makeup youtubers telling you about their skin care routine. The only thing I have a problem with that is that they are only addressing THEIR own skin. I understand it's much more difficult to have a channel that talks about skincare because every person's skin is completely different. You may have two people who say their both oily, but then if you break it down, one person could be oily in the tzone, big pores, hormonally triggered, prone to whiteheads but with dry patches around the mouth (i.e. ME) . Another person could have all-over oily skin, prone to blackheads, prone to acne, rosacea, and allergies.

Therefore, it's not logical for there to be many great channels dedicated to just skin care because no two people are alike with their skin and you can't pinpoint a general one-size-fits-all routine. Skin care, like going to the doctor, is highly customized because there are so many factors to consider. I'm not saying great videos don't exist, but it's hard finding solid channels.

SEE I TOLD YOU I was a deductive person!!!

@volta I hate YouTube videos that have DIY skincare tutorials. Especially those tutorials where the youtubers mix Elmer's glue with charcoal or with something else. Those videos make me cringe. 

The things people come up with to put on their face is amazing

I still think the cherry on top are those videos with the trend of using a certain male bodily fluid for facials. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot 'safer' and 'more natural' than ingredients like elmer's glue, but not all of us have a man in our lives or necessarily want that on our faces. Plus, it gets all over the place and once it's on something, it's ruined just like any other bodily fluids. LOL

@prti  OMG before I could finish your comment, I instantly thought about the glue videos before you even said it!!! GAHHHHRRRRR!!!!!!

Also, those videos that involve corn starch or baking soda.

LOL! Smiley Very Happy

When the main feed looks like this

Spoiler
Screenshot_20170707-020357.png

Dang spammers 👿

I saw all that spam this morning and was like.... Annoying.jpg

I counted 120 postings!! What on earth?

120? Seriously?! Wow, that is one persistent spammer!

I hate spam.

Most annoying thing ever.  I don't get the purpose like do they really think spamming a sephora beauty thread is going to get them business or whatever it is they want.  

It is currently 3 AM and I am literally reporting each one of them. This has almost become a nightly routine where I report spammers in the middle of the night before I go to sleep. I wonder where they come from. Smiley Sad

And it's still happening at 2:20 PST. So I'm bumping this thread LOL

😂😂😂 

@RGbrown I saw it & thought, "this is exactly why you should be sleeping right now" 😜

@ElleElleG yes, I do believe this heralds my bedtime as well. I expect this place will look much better tomorrow 😁

You got Love Problem? Call +69 Only $5 Dolla$

4 Replies