Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I called the Rouge Line and they said for items that were out of stock during the sale they would be giving the discount until this Friday. So I would definitely call and see if you can find a nice and informed CS person! 🙂

When Sephora messes up your Rouge sale order, says they can't get you the item you purchased because it was sold out (and product page gone), then it shows up on the site again a week later! >.<

Beauty Talk pet peeve...for the last few days I haven't been able to access BT on Chrome. I've tried logging out, clearing cache, restarting computer... it keeps giving me the t5 Error page, something about contacting my system administrator...

I can access BT on the same computer with Microsoft Edge just fine, and am not having problems with IE either.

Gah!

I've been noticing this too! I can't even get onto the forums anymore at home. 

@k617 I get this error every so often, too - once I get it, it sticks around for a while (weeks). I've noticed that it seems to occur when I click on the "BeautyTalk" header to go back to the main page of BT. If I access the main page by hovering over "Advice" on the tabs at the top of Sephora, then click on "Community" it seems to work just fine. 

Thanks @lachaton! That did the trick!

I didn't know that was how you get to BT...haha. I always just typed in the address in my browser, and I have it bookmarked on my favourites bar. A bit annoying I can't click on the header to go back to the main page, but I'll get used to clicking on my favourites bar instead!

this is what i've had to do for months, too.

When you get the 750 Pinrose point-perk, fall in love with one of the perfume samples that comes with it, then find out it's discontinued and can't be found ANYWHERE.

Aww, which one?

Lovebug 😞 Pinrose has the petal packs of it available but I really don't like using those.  It would be $60 for 50 of the petal packs and I feel like paying $55 for a perfume bottle makes more sense and you get more bang for your buck! @vegchililover78

Products in jars. Specifically thinking about my davines conditioner that is in a plastic container that could look like tubberware 

LOL I refuse to use any beauty product that comes packaged in a jar. 

***except for Lush products. Lush is the exception 🙂 

Yes! I especially can't stand this for face moisturizers and lip balms. It's so unsanitary! 

Yes!!! Especially for lip balms, its so gross and dirty feeling. I'm more accepting of it if its like a hair conditioner

Well I came here to write same thing LOL

I was thinking about the Blue Tansy *sigh*

Yes that! I hate that spatula it comes with. It's so small. I feel ridiculous trying to spread the mask over my face evenly with it.

@mella900 I usually use the spatula only to scoop product out of the jar. I take what I need and put it on my palm, then spread with my fingers 🙂

Whenever I get a bang cut my bangs never look that great for like 1-2 weeks. After that though, they're totally fabulous...but for 2 weeks it's like I have molted bangs

When you see a look you want to replicate but can't find one of the products mentioned because it appears it's not sold anymore...

giphy.gif

When you deviate from your usual skincare routine the tiniest bit and your skin freaks out. -___-

I have good skin to begin with, but it can be quite sensitive and either loves or hates products. I have stuck to using the same products for over a year, but then got a sample of Philosophy's Renewed Hope in a Jar and decided to give it a try.

8 hours later, and my skin is not happy. Back to the usual stuff. I should have known better. *sigh*

My skin just freaked out on me after using a hydrating serum sample for a couple days. First two days, it was fine, my skin was bit more hydrated. And then it panicked and broke out something awful. So cutting that right out! I've gone back to bare-bones skincare routine until my skin stops it's nonsense.

2 Replies
testing