Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Why am I not surprised this is by Gerard Cosmetics? 

@Asche do they do this often? I don't really follow the brand... just saw this and was like ugh lol

@veronika23 The brand has had a lot of drama that has been very off-putting. A while back there was some snapchat footage of the owner calling a youtuber (who was giving a negative review of Gerard's products) ugly. There has also been a lot of criticism of their products (i.e. their products aren't great, so they use big youtubers to over-hype their products in order to drive sales).Based upon some youtube videos I've seen, their general business practices seem a bit sketchy. In my opinion, their actions have been consistently unprofessional. Definitely not a brand I would trust. This copying of KVD doesn't surprise me at all.

@Asche wow didn't know all that about the brand. Thanks for telling me!  I can see why it didn't surprise you.

This is so dumb. Unless the lipsticks are metallic, the name has no meaning whatsoever. If they're going to plagiarize, at least do a good job. Soooo cheap looking!

It does look very cheap. Not cool.

I really dislike heavily fragranced facial products.  Like cleansers and lotions.  I get it if one of the active ingredients has a scent to it, but with so many sensitive skin issues out there, why add fragrance to those things?  I just don't get it.

One time, when I was having some severe allergy issues and couldn't locate the source right off, I bought a "Sensitive Skin", "Fragrance Free" body wash.  Drugstore brand, I don't even remember which one.  The first time I used it, I had the thought, you know this smells really good for something that doesn't have fragrance.  Checked the ingredients and towards the bottom, fragrance was totally listed.  This stuff actually, literally said "Fragrance Free" on the front in big letters.  It was so disappointing.

Skincare should definitely be fragrance free or a mild scent at the latest. It might not smell good, but the smell isn't going to be helping your skin. The active ingredients will!

I personally don't have issues with items containing fragrance, but my sister does. And when she gets a reaction from it, it's bad. Like boiled lobster red and puffiness 😞

Is anyone else annoyed that despite Drunk Elephant exorbitant price tag their packaging feels like a $3 Secret deodorant?

Cheap thin plastic and ugly neon colors......??????

I splurged on the Reverie Hair Line but at least their packaging is heavy dark glass and nice dispensers. 

DE goes in my cabinet even though I love, love, love! ;')

agreed...I've been weird about even trying because of how cheap it looks!! that's outrageous, I know, but it's all part of the makeup/skincare experience!

😄 😄  I do not care for the packaging either.

I mean that serum is $90 an ounce!

They can use a glass bottle at the very least! lol!!!!

Just not neon colored glass though, hahahah!!

Are you liking the serum?  I'm gonna get it today. It was oos but back now. I know that's not the question u asked lol. 🙂

The serum is fantastic! You only need a tiny bit.  

It is supposed to make you drunk but I didn't feel these effects, yet! hahahaha! 

@jen143xo

Placed order...arrived today....and look no samples. Nada. My order form had it indicated what I wanted. But the print out sheet that came with my order didn't have any samples indicated. What gives?

I've given up hope on the samples. Majority of the Canadian selection is perfume...

But I will check my package slips now to see if they actually print the samples. Seems kind of sketchy that the order forms has it, but not the package slip.

That happened to me a few orders ago, but then things got back to normal. It's so strange.

Ugh, that sucks. I received my order today and I had an open fragrance card envelope thing as well as three clinique primer satches. I'm not too happy considering the amount we do spend on these orders...

I think they stopped adding the samples onto the packing slips inside the boxes. The last few orders I've made don't list the three samples picked at checkout.

there's a new store in my town and of course i went crazy. well, not really. but it's the 5 below something store. i was looking for a beauty treats palette, i found a glittery one, not what i want! i want the viseart dupe! they didn't have it. buuuut, I mean it's not really a peeve but i did see something that I was like, what were you thinking? 

chapstick... poo chapstick. yes. poo chapstick. what? it's the poop emoji, but like. really? did we have to go this far? really? ok. 

testing