Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

New Tom Ford items appear on the site AFTER the VIB Rouge sale is over. Are you kidding me? Nice move, Sephora. 

Please tell me that there's still some way to get the 20% discount. 

@lmi82 I think you can call the hotline and they will apply the 20% off for you

@prti 

They wouldn't for me!

Depends on who you get I guess. I was told absolutely no they would not give me the discount.

@ChristalM Ahh that sucks 😞 I haven't tried it myself but I saw someone mentioning it on the Tom Ford thread, if I'm not mistaken.

yup as I said depends on who you get I guess.

I called today and had someone who told me to 're-try at 12' because sales start midnight and I said I am rouge. Then she told me that 'sale is over' and there is nothing she can do. I politely thanked her and re-called and the other rep happily added 20% discount for my UD setting duo. 

I delayed placing my order to see what today's rewards were first, and, of course, the item I needed to buy sold out. Thanks, Sephora! 😞

Why are thecproducts I want never in stock at the same time as the promos/rewards I like are in stock?

Update: so I decided to give Ulta a try for something similar, and when I tried to check out, NONE of the GWPs in my cart were actually available. I feel so bait-and-switched.

Bulk buyers/resellers suck...I know this is nothing new and everyone has mentioned it but I finally saw it in person today. It irks me based on principle. She didn't even grab anything I want.

I was at Sephora Eaton Centre today and saw a girl load up baskets with a dozen of the Give Me Some Lip & Liner sets. She went up to cash and I think they didn't let her buy all but did let her get maybe 10 or so (I saw they held back a few sets behind the counter). She paid and then I saw her hang around for 5 mins, proceeded to grab another 6-7 sets and went back to the same line to pay. I didn't stick around to see whether they let her get them but I guess she was betting that she won't get the same cashier again and could get away with it.

Accounts like these should be flagged immediately! She's clearly buying to resell. Sephora should limit quantities even more during sales. Ugh! 

Wow that's crazy!! I thought I read on the board a while back about someone getting their account flagged because Sephora thought they were a reseller, when in fact they were not. I wonder why the stores allow this? It's not like these sets won't sell regardless. 

100% agree! 

Ugh, I hate people like this! I wished they held back more, she still got a good amount of sets. Sephora definitely needs a better system in banning fake accounts!

I hate those resellers too, I see them posting everything what they bought from the Rouge sale on Instagram. It's ridiculous!😠Beauty members here sometimes can't get any of the sets because it went out of stock, and they buy and buy and keep taking advantage. 👺

Placing a large order and forgetting to go through Ebates!! I knew I should have installed the app to remind me 😕

Well this is a first for me. Sephora sent me a completely wrong item. Ordered a tatcha set during the sale, only for my order to arrive today with a completely different item! Called customer service, and now they don't have anymore and the set is off the site, so they can't send me one. So refund instead, and I still have to return the wrong item. Kinda miffed as I was really looking forward to that set! But nothing to do about it now.

Ulta just sent me the wrong item and said they can't reship it.  They refunded the points I paid with and didn't mention at all about sending back the wrong item.  

Argh I placed an ebay order more than a month ago and waited because the seller claimed to be in Canada, at least this is what listing states. But got it today, only to find out the item came from outside Canada, precisely Asia, and the item has description in non-English. I am so not using it because I am not comfortable with it being used on my skin but idk if I should contact Paypal *sigh*

Yes, please open up a dispute with paypal. Shady, lying sellers need to be stopped. 

If the seller misrepresented themself (with proof) I'd say contact them. A 5-star seller did this to me and I only found out after a Kat Von D palette was taking weeks to ship from the west coast I.e., Asia. Supposedly they were in Asia but used a third party in the states to ship the actual items. Which would've been fine...if they had stated that on the listing. They cancelled & refunded my order without incident. 

I contacted the person during the first week (i.e. after shipping confirmation) because tracking no. provided by seller was not working for Canada Post and it was very unusual no. anyway so I thought he was making it up. S/he never responded so I thought may be I will wait until intended delivery. 

I just feel its going to be fake so I am not taking risk. Not that seller will not sell fake items in Canada but still. 

Definitely contact paypal as the "item was not as described" @AmdSeph 

Opening a case with Ebay is a pain because the seller/buyer has like a week to respond. And since you waited that long for your order, I assume the seller will wait just as long to respond to the claim.

testing