Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I know it's hard to walk away, but for those involved in this discussion it may be best for everyone to do just that. Walking away doesn't mean you're less strong or that your points aren't valid. Knowing when to stop is actually very strong in my opinion. 

I've said this before, but in the immortal words of Kenny Rogers..."You gotta know when to hold em', know when to fold em'. Know when to walk away, know when to run."

Here is a picture of a chimpanzee in denim shorts bottle-feeding a baby tiger:image.jpeg

(it seems like something we could use now)

@JayAitchGee If I could give you a thousand hearts, I would!! Heart

@poohblueberry I'm not saying I agree with what she said, or that it was nice. I wasn't sticking up for her or arguing against you. 

You said you misspoke. Thanks for clarifying what you meant. I apologize for misunderstanding your misstated statement.

Again, I'm not saying I agree with her, nor do I with you. I'm not taking any sides in this argument but I will say this: at this point, picking someone apart and accusing her of hating the homeless (what a horrible thing to say), pointing out her favourite brand is Tom Ford and saying "enough said"... that's going a bit far.

You're able to make your point without making those statements. 

Finally & once again: not taking sides, but as you felt the need to tag me in your post, I figured I should speak up. 

Ugh @poohblueberry just stop. Seriously. I wasn't going to say anything but at this point you are embarrassing yourself.

"Remember that she said that she hates beggars? Well, if she hates beggars, she probably hates the homeless too. "

You cannot be serious. For you who is asking everyone who has dealt with her to consider what kind of person she is - I think you need to consider the conclusions you are making about what kind of person a really life living human being is based on a few posts on a message board.

Also, drawing any conclusions about mrsb and what an elitist she is because you think based on her activity that Tom Ford is her favorite brand is utterly ludicrous and tacky.

@meganlisa before jumping in and supporting pooh blueberry, you may want to consider what kind of judgement calls she is making on people based on their shopping habits.

@Libellules I'm happy to jump in to support @poohblueberry .  I think the issue here goes a bit deeper.

@Libellules

whatever.jpg

I stand by what I have said. 🙂

@poohblueberry @nikki25gee At this point I am ashamed to be apart of this community.  From me to you, the deepest apologies.  You did not deserve these responses.  And, as I said, I am now deeply ashamed to be a part of BT.  

@meganlisa No need for you to apologize, you didn't attack @nikki25gee or me, so it's all good between us!!! 🙂 Heart

@meganlisa

Spoiler
heart butterflies.jpg

👍🏼👏🏼 @poohblueberry

@nikki25gee

Spoiler
heart tree.jpg

"If a person is nice, a person is nice 100% of the time..."

I'm not going to get involved in this argument, but this statement is so absurd I can't not say something. I'm surprised to be reading it. Not only is this just FALSE but it is an incredibly narrow and naive world view. You have to be a little more generous with people or you won't get along with anyone.

Yes @Gwenhwyfar, if that were true, then no one in this world would be considered a "nice person".

We all have bad days. We have our peeves, and we have things that bother us. In the end, the internet is still the internet, and you have no idea what someone has gone through that day. If you catch me on a bad day with a comment that irks me, I'll probably end up sounding catty even though I'd say I'm nice on BT 90% of the time (;))

Having to be nice 100% of the time would be exhausting and impossible...

@poohblueberry I like you too 🙂

I know you gals don't agree with her but wanted to point out that she is in fact a nice person 🙂

And yes true. People who don't like something can scroll past it for sure... I've got plenty to say on that topic but will leave it at that lol 😄

At the same time though... how do you think Sephora employees feel about people asking them for things... from what I'm told it's not just codes. So I can imagine them being tired of constantly getting request for stuff... in this case codes.

At this point I don't think there is anything we can do about people stealing information/promos. 😞

🙂 🙂 🙂 @veronika23 

I'm sure Katie and Candace (and maybe others) were bombarded with requests, but they were nice about the whole thing (but maybe grumbling about it offline :D), but your friend didn't have to be nasty online. That is what totally irked me. I know that she's your friend and you'll defend her to the ends of the earth, but (I'll say it again) she does not seem or act nice (to me).

I suppose you got to know her over time, and thus got to be friends. But aren't you aghast if said friend was nasty to a waiter, server, homeless person, whomever? This would be a red flag to me that this person chooses to be nice to whomever she likes, and not everybody.

My thing is, I am nice (and respectful) to everyone unless they show me that they don't deserve my respect. My sister always said that I was too nice. But because I was too nice, people took me for granted, took advantage of me, disrespected me, etc.

I am still a nice person, but I won't take crap from anyone anymore. It took me a long time to get to this point because I was always too nice.

Point is, if you're nice, you're nice. If you're not, you're not. That's why I don't think your friend is a nice person intrinsically; if she was, she wouldn't have been so nasty.

@poohblueberry I understand your point of view... but sometimes when you are frustrated about something it just comes out. Could be the case here... You were frustrated about her comment and voiced your opinion too. I don't agree with what you said and the words you chose but doesn't mean I think less of you because of a few comments... you know.

Anyways generally speaking I think I'm a nice person but I can get B- itchy too 😛  No one is perfect and I think we all have our moments.

we can agree to disagree 🙂

@veronika23 Okay, sweetie! Truce!! I gotta get some shut-eye!! And yes, we can agree to disagree!!! ❤️ ❤️

63494235.jpg

@poohblueberry Hope you have good makeup dreams 😄

@veronika23 Did you have to be so cute??

too-cute-puppy-t2.jpg

Thank you and take care!! Heart

testing