Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@nikki25gee I get it. We all have a different point of view. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes! Now I just wanna go back to talking about makeup and none of this nonsense. ๐Ÿ™‚ Hehe. 

latest.giftumblr_ng42dkASDh1rv07vko1_500.gif

hope this makes everyone chuckle ๐Ÿ˜„

Lol Iwas just watching this movie last night!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

@veronika23 I'm not going to get into an argument with you over someone else, as I very much like you. ๐Ÿ™‚

If she is a nice person as you say, it sure as heck doesn't come across. If a person is nice, a person is nice 100% of the time, not only to people s/he deems worthy of being nice to.

As for the people requesting the codes, people can choose to ignore or respond to them. That's it. There was no need for someone to make others feel like pond scum. Absolutely no need whatsoever.

I 100% agree with you that it's not fair that members bust their butt to put out info for us, only to have others steal it for their blogs. I agree that it is frustrating, but what can you do?

@Gwenhwyfar and @k617 and everybody else who agree with you in your postings further down below:

I misspoke (when I said "If a person is nice, a person is nice 100% of the time, not only to people s/he deems worthy of being nice to."and should've said that if a person is intrinsically nice, that person is nice to everyone. Not to a chosen few, to everybody. Yes, even the "beggars".

Remember that she said that she hates beggars? Well, if she hates beggars, she probably hates the homeless too. Wouldn't you agree?

As far as I could recall, some of the homeless beg for money or food. Logic would indicate that she hates them too. If you can't love your fellow man, what does that say about you????

From what I could tell, she only hobnobs with what I call the "elite" of BT. She has stated that Tom Ford is her favorite brand (I found her comment in another thread). Enough said.

For all of those who have dealt with her, favorably or unfavorably, truly think about what I said about a person being intrinsically nice. She is not. Definitely not. No. Nada. 

@poohblueberry

Hi Pooh!  @mrsbaine and you expressed your feelings on the FF codes, and disagreed.  You are grown women and I'm sure are fully capable of sorting this between yourselves.

However:

- I know for a fact that Mrs.B is very charitable and I have seen her kindness.  

- And the ladies in the Tom Ford thread are all quite lovely and decent people.  (ETA: @TomFordlipstickIloveyou - call me).

So, does this matter anymore or has the conversation reached Godwin's Law proportions?  I hope it still matters.

Every so often there are wild arguments on BT, and that's ok.  It is the nature of all communities and shows that people are opinionated and individuals, as it should be.  But surely this conversation has strayed, don't you think?  

From now on I suggest all arguments on BT be resolved by a duel.  Words are so....2015.

* BT has not loaded properly for me past two days, so lets see if this post goes through.*

@greenchilli *muah*!

I know it's hard to walk away, but for those involved in this discussion it may be best for everyone to do just that. Walking away doesn't mean you're less strong or that your points aren't valid. Knowing when to stop is actually very strong in my opinion. 

I've said this before, but in the immortal words of Kenny Rogers..."You gotta know when to hold em', know when to fold em'. Know when to walk away, know when to run."

Here is a picture of a chimpanzee in denim shorts bottle-feeding a baby tiger:image.jpeg

(it seems like something we could use now)

@JayAitchGee If I could give you a thousand hearts, I would!! Heart

@poohblueberry I'm not saying I agree with what she said, or that it was nice. I wasn't sticking up for her or arguing against you. 

You said you misspoke. Thanks for clarifying what you meant. I apologize for misunderstanding your misstated statement.

Again, I'm not saying I agree with her, nor do I with you. I'm not taking any sides in this argument but I will say this: at this point, picking someone apart and accusing her of hating the homeless (what a horrible thing to say), pointing out her favourite brand is Tom Ford and saying "enough said"... that's going a bit far.

You're able to make your point without making those statements. 

Finally & once again: not taking sides, but as you felt the need to tag me in your post, I figured I should speak up. 

Ugh @poohblueberry just stop. Seriously. I wasn't going to say anything but at this point you are embarrassing yourself.

"Remember that she said that she hates beggars? Well, if she hates beggars, she probably hates the homeless too. "

You cannot be serious. For you who is asking everyone who has dealt with her to consider what kind of person she is - I think you need to consider the conclusions you are making about what kind of person a really life living human being is based on a few posts on a message board.

Also, drawing any conclusions about mrsb and what an elitist she is because you think based on her activity that Tom Ford is her favorite brand is utterly ludicrous and tacky.

@meganlisa before jumping in and supporting pooh blueberry, you may want to consider what kind of judgement calls she is making on people based on their shopping habits.

@Libellules I'm happy to jump in to support @poohblueberry .  I think the issue here goes a bit deeper.

@Libellules

whatever.jpg

I stand by what I have said. ๐Ÿ™‚

@poohblueberry @nikki25gee At this point I am ashamed to be apart of this community.  From me to you, the deepest apologies.  You did not deserve these responses.  And, as I said, I am now deeply ashamed to be a part of BT.  

@meganlisa No need for you to apologize, you didn't attack @nikki25gee or me, so it's all good between us!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Heart

@meganlisa

Spoiler
heart butterflies.jpg

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ @poohblueberry

@nikki25gee

Spoiler
heart tree.jpg
1 Reply