Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Or the pump isn't working right and you can't tell whether it's because you are out of product or there's still a whole bunch left in there because you can't see the volume level.

It's not foundation for me but I just hate opaque packaging in general! I want to know how much is left so I know I need to restock.

I agree, and this is one essential item that I prefer to not be without. 😄

Pet peeve.... Beggars.  

Wow I can't help but notice that you are the the same person who posted the "Beggars everywhere" meme. If people asking for F&F codes really bothers you that much, kindly keep scrolling past that thread. No need to be so rude. I'm sorry but you are very rude and I need to get it off my chest already. It's posts like yours that make me not want to come on BT anymore. @mrsbaine

I agree with @nikki25gee as well. I don't understand why someone would get bthrt about others requesting codes? If you don't like it, just ignore and scroll down! 

I can see why it can be frustrating to some, because sometimes it clogs up the thread and the purpose for the thread itself. this isn't to start an argument but everyone on BT are allowed to have their own opinions, for those who have been here a long time it is frustrating to see people who have never contributed continue to ask from the community without giving.

I also think to prevent drama from happening in the threads if there are personal issues they should be addressed through PM. 

@nikki25gee I agree totally with you that @mrsbaine could've scrolled past that thread if it bothered her; most of us do scroll past threads or postings that we don't care for.

Instead, she chose to show everybody who she really is. Who knows - she may be the reincarnation of Marie-Antoinette, out of touch with reality and with an elitist attitude.

I already had a 20% code (thank you again @KatieBT), but I felt sorry for the ones who didn't, especially since she chose to have a holier-than-thou attitude. Not only that, she felt that she had to post TWICE (in that other thread, and this one) about how she felt about the ones requesting codes.

I couldn't stand idly by and not say anything this time because she is being VERY rude, snobby, snotty, condescending and what-have-you.

She even confirmed to you that she's rude and VERY immature. WoW.....o.O  Who does that?????

Congratulations @mrsbaine you've shown everyone your true colors. Very interesting that you have ZERO hearts for your original posting here. I know that you don't care what I think, blah blah blah but I had to put in my two cents and thank you for showing your true colors, which you did not once, but twice.

As for you, @nikki25gee

you go girl.jpg

It even looks like @KatieBT has your back!!! 😄 😄

ETA: Welcome to Drama 101. Before settling in and getting too comfortable, please go to the very end of this particular post, as all comments/attacks on me have unfortunately pushed what had transpired between Nikki and the other individual to the very end. So sad that no one had uttered a peep then. You can reach your own conclusion

Aww, you're adorable!  @poohblueberry if you think I actually care about hearts you're as dilusional as the beggars. I'm not here for hearts, or approval, or more friends. I hate to see people beg for codes. Yup, I'm mean, rude, an elitist, and whatever other jabs you can throw at me. I am also a long time member of this community, valued resource, friend to many, and non BS taker. I promise you that 110% of the time I will speak my mind unapologetically. And after I do, I'll go back to commenting on whatever I want, and forgetting this even happened because it's silly.  If beggars can beg openly, I can express how begging is ridiculous openly. So kudos to you for sitting behind your computer thinking you've hurt my feelings. Mean, rude elitsts don't feel. 

Aw thank you @poohblueberry! 😄 😄 And it is because of people like you that I continue coming on BT. You are too sweet!!! 🙂

I was also very lucky to have a code, but I also felt bad for those who weren't lucky enough to receive one. I didn't see it as "begging", I seen it as politely asking because maybe there was a chance that someone who did get one wasn't gonna use it. And (almost) everyone on BT is so nice and helpful when sharing deals,etc. Why should some people make others feel unwelcomed to ask others like that? I wasn't "personally" offended, but I couldn't sit back and watch it happen twice. 

Thank you again, you are way too sweet! 🙂 🙂

You're very welcome @nikki25gee! I think that you're sweet for defending others, even though you really didn't have to! 

Like you, I saw it as people who were politely asking, definitely not "begging".

When I saw her pic on the other thread, I thought it very much smacked of elitism. The "Nya nya nya nya nya nya I got a code and you didn't haha" attitude I couldn't get over. When she posted here, I had to speak up.

When you think about it, she is very much a bully. She may think that she isn't, but she is.

Funny how bullies don't think they're bullies, isn't it??? Things that make you go hmmmmm.

And @nikki25gee, here's one for you Heart

Spoiler
you're sweet.jpg

So she doesn't like beggars... I'm not saying I agree with her or disagree with her but if you got to know mrsbaine you'd know she is a nice person.

Also none of you think it's "rude" for people who never participate on BT to come and ask for codes and then leave never to be seen again. This pretty much happens all the time with promos and deals. TBH I don't think it's fair that members of this community bust their butts to find/update this info for us and then people who never participate use it and some steal it for their personal blogs... so I guess I can understand the frustration.

She could be a very nice person, but from what I've seen and how she acted directly towards me. She doesn't seem nice at all. I understand she is your friend and all, and you would like to back her up. But, I don't come here on BT to "get into it" with anyone. So I will not get into it with you over someone else, because I like you and thats not what I come here for. 🙂 I come on here to talk about beauty releases, makeup, etc. The only reason I couldn't bite my tongue with her was because she was being very rude more than once.

I understand the frustration of people asking for codes and never being seen again, or stealing codes/deals and not even contributing. But if that was the case, then she should have made that clear from the start then maybe I would have understood. But what it looked like to me was just out-right rudeness, and I had to say something cause it was just sad to see.

You know, I get that I called her out for being rude and maybe I deserved a little bit of the rudeness I got from her, but I tried to be polite. But all I got in return was a horrible attitude and mockery. I honestly felt like I was in high school again being cyber bullied. That is definitely not what BT is meant for. But again, I'm not here to pick a fight. I'm sure she's a nice person. I'm probably just not someone she wants to be a nice person too. @veronika23

@nikki25gee I get it. We all have a different point of view. 🙂

Yes! Now I just wanna go back to talking about makeup and none of this nonsense. 🙂 Hehe. 

latest.giftumblr_ng42dkASDh1rv07vko1_500.gif

hope this makes everyone chuckle 😄

Lol Iwas just watching this movie last night!! 😂😂😂😂😂

@veronika23 I'm not going to get into an argument with you over someone else, as I very much like you. 🙂

If she is a nice person as you say, it sure as heck doesn't come across. If a person is nice, a person is nice 100% of the time, not only to people s/he deems worthy of being nice to.

As for the people requesting the codes, people can choose to ignore or respond to them. That's it. There was no need for someone to make others feel like pond scum. Absolutely no need whatsoever.

I 100% agree with you that it's not fair that members bust their butt to put out info for us, only to have others steal it for their blogs. I agree that it is frustrating, but what can you do?

@Gwenhwyfar and @k617 and everybody else who agree with you in your postings further down below:

I misspoke (when I said "If a person is nice, a person is nice 100% of the time, not only to people s/he deems worthy of being nice to."and should've said that if a person is intrinsically nice, that person is nice to everyone. Not to a chosen few, to everybody. Yes, even the "beggars".

Remember that she said that she hates beggars? Well, if she hates beggars, she probably hates the homeless too. Wouldn't you agree?

As far as I could recall, some of the homeless beg for money or food. Logic would indicate that she hates them too. If you can't love your fellow man, what does that say about you????

From what I could tell, she only hobnobs with what I call the "elite" of BT. She has stated that Tom Ford is her favorite brand (I found her comment in another thread). Enough said.

For all of those who have dealt with her, favorably or unfavorably, truly think about what I said about a person being intrinsically nice. She is not. Definitely not. No. Nada. 

@poohblueberry

Hi Pooh!  @mrsbaine and you expressed your feelings on the FF codes, and disagreed.  You are grown women and I'm sure are fully capable of sorting this between yourselves.

However:

- I know for a fact that Mrs.B is very charitable and I have seen her kindness.  

- And the ladies in the Tom Ford thread are all quite lovely and decent people.  (ETA: @TomFordlipstickIloveyou - call me).

So, does this matter anymore or has the conversation reached Godwin's Law proportions?  I hope it still matters.

Every so often there are wild arguments on BT, and that's ok.  It is the nature of all communities and shows that people are opinionated and individuals, as it should be.  But surely this conversation has strayed, don't you think?  

From now on I suggest all arguments on BT be resolved by a duel.  Words are so....2015.

* BT has not loaded properly for me past two days, so lets see if this post goes through.*

@greenchilli *muah*!

2 Replies
testing