Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Awwww puppy!!!!! Heart Heart Heart

If you think I give a d$ about what you think of me or my opinions you are as ridiculous as all those begging for codes. 

And dont apologize for something you clearly meant to say; I certainly don't.

You know what, I don't apologize for calling you rude. To call people beggars, and now to call people ridiculous. LOL. You have such a horrible attitude and I am NOT sorry. 🙂 @mrsbaine

Gold star!!!! Own your truth @nikki25gee!!! I'm proud of you. 

... I still hate beggars.... Which I guess makes me rude. 😏 

and obviously also immature. 😄

👍🏽 VERY!!!! 

Dealing with itchy hives on my cheeks, itchy burning eyes, and an itchy throat:/

I hope you feel better soon, allergic responses are very annoying! ❤

Benadryl?

@darkiceis I've taken some but it doesn't seem to be helping:/

😞

Omg, Clinique's website is driving me nuts. I've been planning to restock a foundation during the VIB sale, but I really want the gift with purchase that Clinique direct is offering right now. The problem is my foundation is $2 shy of the gwp minimum, but they took down all of the travel sizes and other cheap items so I can't bump it up just enough. I don't want to spend almost twice as much as I planned to just to get this dang gwp!!

Shattered my Luminous Silk foundation today, ugh! Was so hard to clean up, smearing everywhere! Now to wait till the sale for another one boo hoo! 

Also sad because my car needs some big repairs and that cuts into the makeup fund 😞 😞 

such a tragic day 

Anonymous Insider

@@Haleyhale

I shattered a highlighter today. We can grieve our losses together.

Nooooo! Which one? Shall be in mourning for you. 

Oh no! I hate dropping my makeup. I am still mad at myself for breaking one of my Dior compacts. 😞

Ugh, it's such a disappointing feeling 

When SAs don't confirm your information. -.-

So I picked up my MAC pre-order yesterday, and the SA who helped me told me I didn't need to go to the register cause she was just gonna swipe the gift card. So I was browsing around the store. When I was done, I went to the register and she was just about done, and I remembered about my MAC select account. So I told her, and she told me she already found me using my name. I think she was just trying to be as helpful as possible, not her fault. I just wish she would have checked with me first. -.- As I was driving home, I realized that MAC always had a problem finding me using my name b/c there was another account with the same name that wasn't me. So now I'm pretty sad that the other person must have gotten the purchase because they aren't showing up on my account. 😞

When I overuse acne medications.

I typically treat everything under my nose because I break out on the chin/lip area the most. I tried PTR Max Complexion Correction Pads last night.    They have glycolic and salicylic acid in them.  It stung bad when I used it but I was like, "Wow!  It's working!"  Then I layered some Benzoyl Peroxide on top for good measure.  This is after using both salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide for the last couple days as well (different products though).

My skin is SOOOOOOO dry and flaky.  OMG.  I look ridiculous. 

I do this to myself every time.  You would think I would learn.  lol

I'm guilty of this too! I applied 10% benzoyl peroxide on top of 2% salicylic acid, thinking that my pimple would be gone by sunrise. My pimple did dry up in the morning but I got a very dark spot and dry patch of skin afterwards.

One time I used too much 2% salicylic acid and I had to stop using exfoliators and acne products for a month to help my skin recover its acid mantle 😞

I also layered 10% benzoyl peroxide over Herbivore's Moon Fruit (has AHA) and Sunday Riley Good Genes last night. Luckily nothing bad happened this morning. Phew!

Just got a text from a friend asking if I'd heard of Rodan + Fields. Since I knew what was coming, I quickly mentioned that I've heard of it but would probably not try it because my skin is extremely sensitive and only likes two brands of skincare.

With that said, my pet peeve is pushy pyramid scheme salespeople. In my experience, Mary Kay ones are the worst. One kept insisting that I join her team, to the point where I was feeling very uncomfortable and told her I didn't want to go in sales, which is why I went into data analytics--so I could sit behind a computer and not talk to people!

4 Replies
testing