Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

omg, I heard "minus well" instead of "might as well" lol.

Oh my gosh, don't even get me started! The minute someone on a cooking show says "marscapone" cheese I discount everything else that comes out of his/her mouth. (Yes, I know this isn't strictly beauty-related. Making angry faces will probably give me wrinkles eventually, so there's that. 🙂 )

My husband can't stand when people say sherBERT instead of sherbet

Those are both good ones @samls324 @JenniferOhJenny! 😄

I'm sure I mispronounce things here and there, but if I'm corrected, I will make sure to REMEMBER it. I think I can forgive things like pronouncing a foreign word wrong (like saying bruschetta brooshetta instead of broosketta--both of these are acceptable in my books as long as you're not in Italy) but adding extra consonants are a no-no!

@JayAitchGee What you should've said was "Eragon? The movie with the flying dragon? I loved that movie!! What did you think about it??" 😉  

I would've loved to see the look on her face if you asked her that!! 😄

Spoiler
eragon.jpg

LOL!! I haven't seen that movie (though I think I know the basic premise of it), but it would have been awesome to go all wide-eyed and been like "WHOA - this oil is from DRAGONS?!?"

dammit, what a missed opportunity! 😂

(In a similar vein, her saying "aragan" did make me repeatedly think of Aragorn from LoTR.)

This conversation made me think of Aragog from Harry Potter!

Who am I kidding, I look for any reason to reference HP!  😉

hahahaha nice @JoannaMarieC! I thought of the same thing too but didn't post it. 😄

@poohblueberry,  You hit that one right on the head!  🙂  Eragon!

When you get incorrect information over the phone and waste a trip to the store 😞

I called around to find the YSL mini lipstick set and when I found a store that had it in stock, I asked them to hold two for me.  When I went to pick them up today, another SA told me they had been OOS since Friday :S

I'm still hoping to get my hands on it somehow. I love the shades (except the red, which I could do without).  

@kso1225 I know this may not work, but worth a shot. Call the store and see if you can find out who you spoke to...maybe he/she may have set it aside in the back room or something. I hesitated writing this cause it may just sadden you more, but thinking since it's a highly wanted product, maybe the SA took an extra measure to make sure you'd get it? 

@kso1225 I am also on the hunt for this lipstick set! I'm heading to a few stores later today so I'll keep you in mind if I come across this elusive set 🙂

I hate this! This happens all the time in my store too. They told me that the tester is counted as stock and if that is there, it comes up as "in stock". Not sure if that's 100% true all the time but it makes sense. 

@kso1225 I feel your pain on this one..I had been hunting for this set or even just the Star Clash 09 Rose Stiletto. One store finally said they had just that as it sold pretty fast and will hold it for me..only to find out it was the perm version which I can buy full size anytime. What a bummer. 

Ugh that's heartbreaking! I know it's just makeup but it's an emotional rollercoaster getting your hopes up just to be disappointed.  

When I can't tell how much foundation is left in the bottle... 

Or the pump isn't working right and you can't tell whether it's because you are out of product or there's still a whole bunch left in there because you can't see the volume level.

It's not foundation for me but I just hate opaque packaging in general! I want to know how much is left so I know I need to restock.

I agree, and this is one essential item that I prefer to not be without. 😄

Pet peeve.... Beggars.  

Wow I can't help but notice that you are the the same person who posted the "Beggars everywhere" meme. If people asking for F&F codes really bothers you that much, kindly keep scrolling past that thread. No need to be so rude. I'm sorry but you are very rude and I need to get it off my chest already. It's posts like yours that make me not want to come on BT anymore. @mrsbaine

43 Replies
testing