Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 12.29.24 PM.png

Of course I hold off on buying really the only set that caught my eye and its sold out already. Perfect way to end a crappy week.

My pet peeve lately is that I can't make my eyeliner look even lately! One side will point straight and the other will point up slightly. Its not something others would notice in person but it bugs me. I have hooded eyes and they are slightly different. ugh haha

My Ulta order I placed Saturday night has arrived in my hometown.

BUT, it won't be delivered until 'end of the day' Friday!

(I seriously hate myself for checking that 'package tracker page' but I also hate surprises! I am doomed).

When you call Sephora stores to place holds and are told they don't do holds for the sale 😔 

Omg, Clinique's website is driving me nuts. I've been planning to restock a foundation during the VIB sale, but I really want the gift with purchase that Clinique direct is offering right now. The problem is my foundation is $2 shy of the gwp minimum, but they took down all of the travel sizes and other cheap items so I can't bump it up just enough. I don't want to spend almost twice as much as I planned to just to get this dang gwp!!

When SAs don't confirm your information. -.-

So I picked up my MAC pre-order yesterday, and the SA who helped me told me I didn't need to go to the register cause she was just gonna swipe the gift card. So I was browsing around the store. When I was done, I went to the register and she was just about done, and I remembered about my MAC select account. So I told her, and she told me she already found me using my name. I think she was just trying to be as helpful as possible, not her fault. I just wish she would have checked with me first. -.- As I was driving home, I realized that MAC always had a problem finding me using my name b/c there was another account with the same name that wasn't me. So now I'm pretty sad that the other person must have gotten the purchase because they aren't showing up on my account. 😞

Probably so repetitive from everyone here already said many times, but why, oh why, oh why, do I have to purchase the BITE duos with a lipstick color?  I just want all the toppers.  Smart, yet so evil !😆

When sales associates are lazy and make little to no effort to help you out...

I went to Ulta with 4 of the freebie coupons. I always go in with at least 2 since Ulta is out of the way for me, so I want to get a bunch of stuff at once rather than drive several times for one item at a time.

Anyways, I tell her about them and she goes "well we probably don't have any", so I started naming off the products and she goes "well, we have the It Cosmetics cream, I know we dont have the butter polish, I dont think we have the mascara oh and I've never heard of the Lancome one".  So I tell her that it's okay if they're sold out, but if she could check (especially for the Lancome since it just came out a few days ago) and this time she goes "oh, well no I mean I haven't seen it so we don't have it", yet minutes earlier she told me she was off for two days in a row.  So AGAIN I ask if there's anything she can do (this was me hinting for her to actually go look in the drawers since not ONCE did she leave the register to actually check), and she could also ask someone else about it, and again she goes "umm no I mean really, I doubt we have it".  Ok listen here. If you KNOW that you don't have it, I get it, that's fine, but you keep repeating that you haven't seen it and that you don't THINK you have it.  Stop being lazy!

Also, other sales associates are usually nice and try to throw in something else to make up for it if the item is actually sold out.  She made no efforts, provided no other options and when I left she just goes "here you go", hands me my bag, and quickly calls up the next person.  Don't work in retail if you don't like dealing with customers!!!

I'm so disappointed that Bite used 2 of the same shades (fig and pepper) in their duos with the bronze and rose gold lipsticks that are in the Perfect Bite set. I really want to get the duos, but I already got and have used the perfect bite set and I just don't see myself using that much pepper and fig. What's a girl to do! Why can't they vary the shades they put in their sampler sets?

After reading that a bunch of ppl's Nordstrom orders got cancelled, I online chatted with Nordstrom CS to ask them the status of my order and if there was any chance of it getting cancelled. She somehow mistakened me and put in a request for my order to be cancelled! -.- Ugh, super annoyed. She claims that everything should be fine b/c she recalled the request, and all of a sudden she said my order status is showing up as "fulfilled" and a shipping label was created, but I don't trust her. Haha, I might end up going to Nordstrom tomorrow and buying my Glow Rida compacts in person and returning (or keeping :p) the ones I get in the mail, if I end up getting them. I'm not taking any chances. LOL.

I'll post this here. Definitely a peeve.  

I was debating on whether or not to bring up my findings regarding the BB perk but decided it was needed when I read a few people worrying that maybe their perks would also be tainted. 
Despite my infrequency on these board within this past year, I still do lurk. And with the new rewards bazaar, I've held my tongue on many issues and conversations.
This was just so dishonest/sneaky/deplorable/whatever word you'd choose to use because in the end, it effects all of us in this community. 
Its like those bad eggs who would abuse the return policy that ruined it for everybody now. 

The KvD perk was a disappointment, but the way Sephora & Kat von D made it up was very admirable and even though I did not redeem it personally, I was impressed.
 This BB perk was a great one especially if you are a gel lover from a high quality brand. 
So to take advantage of this reward system (which is still a work in progress) is wrong on many levels. 
Sephora does try. They might not always execute properly but they have made adjustments & seem to listen to feedback.  

I've read a few negative things from princess in the past month plus, but hey, there's a lot of negativity on the internet and I can see why people might be disappointed with certain stores. But this was pretty shady. I didn't want to attack her or scare her away from the community.  Maybe it will be a lesson to her. Hopefully people will think twice before doing something this manipulative. 

Beauty Talk has been very special to me over these past years & the community has been such a bright beacon on the internet. 
Thank you to all for having everybody's back here.
rhps.jpg 

During the labor day sale I ordered from PTR. Went to open one of my unwrinkle night mini's last night and it came 1/3 of the way full!! I have had other mini's from this order and from sets come full. And they have no CS #, just an email form, UGH!

mascara that gets all over your lids when applying.

I stick to maybelline's plush mascara (turqoise tube) but CVS was out of it one day so I got 2 of their falsies mascara instead. I cannot say how messy the falsies formula/brush is. Gets ALL over my lids. Even when I am slow and careful POOF black lids. Ruins my eyeshadow.

Sephora just stopped carrying Dior Rouge Baume tinted balms. I had finally settled on three shades and would have purchased at the sale and, poof, gone. 

I have enough points on So Choix to get them there at 20% off, so I will go that route instead. Oh well. 

I bought a single eyeshadow that I already have in my stock. Just was unaware of it. I think I need to start a list of my items now 😞

I ordered perfume from Guerlain boutique in Toronto for my bro and they did not include any samples. My bro is upset 😛

All the sudden, I am missing Sephora but it is not sold at Sephora. 

They always do; not sure what happened! At least, he will not be picking any other perfume anytime soon.

Trying to find dupes in my collection I discovered one of my TF Melted Mattes is MIA. No idea where it could be and it was pretty much brand new. So crushed.

Zits.... in random places like your ear or right next to your lip.  Grr.....

I was on Ulta's website just browsing when I noticed some perfect five star reviews for products. I went to check it out and noticed that all of the reviews were imported in from the product's website. Looked at several other items and it was the same thing. I want to read reviews from Ulta customers not biased reviews from the product's website. I don't know why Ulta is allowing this. I then went on a department store's website and all the reviews for Lancome mascaras were imported from Lancome's website. Why doesn't web support find this a problem? When will the madness end?

Maybe not so much beauty as the delivery company that happened to bring my ~beauty related~ Sephora box today... Plenty of space in the yard and on the walkway between the gate and the front door, or even off to the side on the little deck we have but where do they choose to put it? On the fake grass where the neighbors dogs always come in and go to the bathroom! I don't mean to be gross, but there is only one corner of our little yard that has fake grass because I got sick of trying to grow anything there only to have the neighbor's dog come pee on it and kill the plants, and I don't want to look at just the bare dirt either so I took one of the leftover remnants of fake lawn from a relative after they had more than they needed for their own yard and put it there until the neighbor moves later this year. It is clear what the purpose is because the neighbor can't be bothered much of the time to come deal with it and I was at work so I had not gotten the chance to clean it up before the delivery arrived (it came early in the AM rather than later in the afternoon to evening like it usually does) and there is no tactful way to put this...they left the box literally sitting on a pile dog poop! Plenty of places they could have put it instead and thats where they choose!? Seriously!?! Ugh. Thank the powers that be that the products I was ordering were all well packaged so even if anything had soaked through - and it did not but *IF* it had - it was all sealed up in plastic bags and well padded with several layers between it and the contaminants that I was lucky enough did not make it inside the box.

Ok, rant over, now off to call and have a "chat" with both the neighbor about her dog and the delivery company about their common sense skills.

Ahh I got scammed and mistreated!

I thought of ordering Dior from Amazon.ca, obviously not the one sold by third party, whom I do not trust. Bought the gift card from third party as it was $10 cheaper, and I know that Amazon has policy that they don't care for lost/stolen gift cards. SO I had it redeemed and today it was gone from my account; I contacted Amazon right away and their customer service was so rude....anyway, I think it turns out that seller somehow 'locked the gc'. I was 

told that they will "issue a $20 promotional credit to your account as a compensation for the hassle."

But then they refused right away, by saying "we won't be able to compensate"! As if they are doing a favour on me! Why bother offering a reward when you will not give out? The guy had awful English like he was asking me to give seller DOB, addy, email, and/or contact them using her account as if I would have that. I got the physical useless card. They acted like I stole her card. I think she probably have said that to them. 

So I am out of $40!

So TLDR: Amazon will rather serve scammer than customer

No Dior perfume for me 😞